RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: Company in Kalispell~!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Company in Kalispell~!

http://www.kpax.com/videoplayer/?vid...ries=180%2C249

Well, we had a wolf in town, and a mountain lion. It was the bear's turn!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Crazy! I saw a chocolate sow and cub today on my way through Wolf Creek, they must be on the move now that the berries are starting to dry up. Had a griz in the campground at Hylite canyon where I have been going a lot lately, and another a few miles from our summer pasture behind Square Butte at home this week, they are starting to come lower and lower lately!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

In Remembrance
    Bears chasing bears. Did I understand right that they had already chased it out once, and it came back? If so I guess they will take care of it once it hurts someone.

We had one come in camp at the family reunion, where probably a hundred camps were set up. I wasn't there, but they ran it off a couple of times, it finally got to where it wouldn't even flinch when they shot the ground in front of it.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    It's pretty common to have bears in the towns this time of year. A few years ago, a sow grizzly and two cubs had possession of Main Street in St. Ignatius for two or three days.
    There was also a warning in Missoula the past couple of days about a lion prowling around in town, and for people to keep track of their kids.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I imagine that this time of year, food is starting to get scarce in the high country, and they are coming down to get what they can before winter. I've noticed a lot of animals coming out into the open to eat when they would normally stay under cover around here. Most of the easy stuff is gone,and they have to work harder to put on winter fat.

We used to shoot unwanted dogs and cats in the rump with a low powered BB gun. It would sting like the dickens and they usually learned the first time. Is there something that can be done for bear and big cats without having to kill them? Tazer?" Mace? Pepper spray?
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

In Remembrance
    IIRC someone tazered a moose up here a couple years ago. It didn't have the desired effect, and is against the law. I'm not sure if it was against the law before or if it is a new law.

Most of the critters get hazed out of town, or captured and moved. Very seldom do they get killed.

Moderator Emeritus

Fruit trees are still ripe and that draws bear like few other things. Young Mt. Lions come to town when they get kicked out so momma can breed for next year. Chained up pets are easy pickens.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remembrance
    One went to a bar with customers this week or last in Juneau. lol I think it is kind of unusual for them to enter busy businesses.