Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Mother in laws old Revovler!?

Mother in laws old Revovler!?

We went over to the in-laws today to work on the cat population and were talking about guns and her late husbands "old pistol" she had in closet. We looked her long guns and there is not much to get excited about there. One rifle was a bolt action with with jap markings and the bolt was stuck.

But she brought the revolver out and I was thinking it would be like the others; worn, broke or off brand. Then a Ruger medallion caught my eye as she was entering the room! I go hmm, 3 screw, wind drift sight, 5.5" barrel, walnut grips and "Single Six" on the frame! I said WOW you got quite a collector here! It was dry so I cleaned and oiled it and he had a western style Viking brand holster and belt for 22 LR too. And of course I thought I should check and make sure it shoots okay and I could keep them on a playing card without much of a rest. It is in very nice condition with a high percentage of finish on it, the sites are clean and sharp but one stock is bad.

When I got home I looked up the SN and it shows to be a 1965, 22 LR/22 magnum. I called right away and asked if she knew of an extra cylinder for it but she didn't recall and would look. It has the 22 LR cylinder in it now. I thought it was neat to be able to see and shoot a 22 old model like that. Especially since I have its bigger brother at home. They both do not have the conversion.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

I like guns that need TLC. The one with the stuck bolt sounds intriguing.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

bhn22
    On the Jap rifle. The safetys probably on, and that's why the bolt won't turn. The round knob on the end of the bolt is the safety. Press in on it and turn the knob (counterclockwise I believe). This should free the bolt. Do make certain you're point the old girl in a safe direction, etc. You can never be too careful!

Thanks for the tip on the rifle. It does have a knob on the end of the bolt. It's mostly old shot guns, two side by sides with external hammers and they are old. One is a Stevens that looks like a model 12 Winchester. And couple old Remington semi autos. Funny thing is that almost all have bad stocks with plenty of wear.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Bub
    Mothers in Law with firearms......

Why does that run a shiver up my spine?? haha