WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Old West Bullet Moulds 429352 clone

Boolit Bub

Old West Bullet Moulds 429352 clone

I am considering an order of a 429352 mold from Old West Bullet Moulds. It is my understanding that a couple of years ago there was a group buy of this mold, so probably quit a few of you have and used this mold that was made with this particular chery.
    It is also my understanding that the mold throws a 0.433” diameter boolits from 20:1 or 16:1 alloys (that I use). With the exception of a S&W 696 (0.428”) all my nominal 44 caliber revolvers have throats of 0.433” (seventies and eighties vintage S&Ws). My question is: should I take a chance and buy this mold, or should I order a larger size mold (0.434”) from a different source?
    Also, what is your experience shooting this boolit (from this particular chery) from older S&Ws with throats at the 0.433” range?

bearbud

Bub: I think you will be happier if you got your mold from Accurate molds . Accurate molds are gems . I bought a 459350 from old west and it was a pita. I had to send it back first off because the blocks were shifted a couple of thousands .then had to lap it to get the size right. The guy that has that business took over after the original guy died. When you order from acc. molds you tell him what your using for an alloy and he makes the mold for that alloy, the size will be spot on. http://www.accuratemolds.com/
    Last edited by josper; 09-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live or die on this day. Live or die on this day.

Boolit Bub
    Josper: Thanks for the advice.