Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alliant powders availability

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Axton1 View Post
    No RL15-
    Same here!
    On my last 1/2 pound!
    They quit making it?!
    I don't think they quit making it but all the easy to meter rifle powders are very scarce.i.e. Varget, Rel15, Benchmark. The IMR stick powders are fairly easy to find. Also any powder that is used in .308 win or .223 will be scarce.
    Last edited by Clay M; 09-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Boolit Master

Just got back from Tanner show in Denver. Excellent amount of all Alliant powders at very fair prices. Lots of all kinds of primers, some as low as 30.00. Prices varied, you had to walk around a bit but good buys were there.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master
    About time for O to stir the pot again and set off another buying frenzy.More effective than gun control since you can't find anything to buy.

Boolit Buddy

Any more idiots shooting up places and we count on O to make some new Executive Laws, er orders. We might even find out that it's part of ACA as soon as we get around to reading the bill.

Regarding powders, try putting your name on the notify list at the big websites. Sometimes they have powder, but don't list it due small amounts arriving. They will notify you as if it just came in.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

My local WalMart recently had several lbs. of Unique, RL19 and RL22. Yes, WALMART!

Boolit Master
    local Bi-Mart had 3 bullseye, 4 unique, and about 6 ea. red and blue dots today. Limit 1 lb.

I picked up 1lb unique for $21.
    NRA life member

LB

Question

Red Dot at Cabelas on line today. Any comparable equivalents to Red Dot as there is for Winchester W231 and HP-38?? I have loaded with W231 over a year, and like it's wide range of applications for pistols. There are limited applications from my initial inquiries for Red Dot. I know it is a faster burning powder. Anyone hace any comp's for Red Dot loading data??

Boolit Master

Close to Bullseye, a little faster in some applications. I recently posted handgun data for Hercules 1987 and Alliant 2007 in this forum.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBoy View Post
    Red Dot at Cabelas on line today. Any comparable equivalents to Red Dot as there is for Winchester W231 and HP-38?? I have loaded with W231 over a year, and like it's wide range of applications for pistols. There are limited applications from my initial inquiries for Red Dot. I know it is a faster burning powder. Anyone hace any comp's for Red Dot loading data??
    LIMITED Applications? It'll work in just about ANY handgun cartridge, and 13 grains of it in most rifle cartridges of the 06' class, under a cast boolit, is a standard CB loading. Buy as much as you can find.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Boolit Buddy

Checked out the LGS today and came home with Alliant 2400. Plenty of other powders in stock. Pricing wasn't all that great but I needed it. They even has .22LR's at only $5 for 50 in two brands. Still waiting on those to return to less of scalping pricing before stocking up on my rimfire rounds.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy
    Happened to drop by the LGS yesterday and ended up coming home with the last pound of 2400 they had for 17.99. I was happy with that and will have enough to get me by until I spy the next local appearance of the powder.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was in Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of days ago, and they had lots of powder and a good variety, and at prices comparable to last year. Primers were available, but at prices about 20% higher than a year ago. They even had a good supply of .22 rimfire ammo.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

ADMIN

Saw 10 4 lb jugs of red dot today.
    Bought some w296 too.
    No unique or bullseye

Boolit Buddy
    That's good new to hear 454PB.

Boolit Master
    local bass pro had 4227, rl17, 4350 all in 1 lbers they upped price to $31.99, and win primers avalable $4.99/100. i refuse to pay that much when widners, midsouth and powdervally all are at about 20/lb and some at 16.50/lb cci primers at about $27/100. I wish others would boycott high prices but there are so many newby reloaders. i am just glad i still have about 6 bags of shot left from purchases 25 years ago when $12/lb was high for powder

Banned

Im almost ready to take a road trip to CO. Im in desperate need of re19 and 22.
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    My local WalMart recently had several lbs. of Unique, RL19 and RL22. Yes, WALMART!

Boolit Master
    Lloyd,
    Save your gas. I have lived in Colorado since May 2013. I have NEVER seen a pound of any type powder suitable for handguns in any store be it a LGS, Wal Mart, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc. Also have never seen any type of .22 rimfire.
    East Tennessee

I have seen some of Alliant powder off and on but not as much as the others.I am pretty much have what i want.I use mainly Alliant powders other wise.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

ADMIN

Green dot, reloader 25, red dot is available local. No luck on anything else
    I need to find bullseye and lil gun
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master
    The LGS had some Reloder 17 and slower numbers, also a large jug of Promo. Another store had pretty much the same a month ago. Last time there a friend was acquiring the last two pounds of titegroup.

It seems the popular pistol powders in general and fast thru medium rifle are the ones that are hard to get. YMMV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12