Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Martini Cadet Rifle.

Boolit Buddy

Martini Cadet Rifle.

Where can a person buy a Martini Cadet Rifle?. I talked to a Guy overseas, and he said it was to much of a hassel to ship to me in the USA.
    NRA Life Member
    USMC Life Member

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

OMG, for $US1500 I'll just come for a holiday and bring my entire collection

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

NOW we know why they're so expensive here - You've got Waaaaay more than a fair share there, BAW ! !

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master

B.A.W.

That is one beautimous pile of Martinis.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Sorry to hijack the OP, I was just amazed at the prices being asked in the USA for these fine old rifles. I just bought numbers 40 a .442 Rook rifle for $100 and 41 a Martini Enfield .303 made 1896 with a 9 1/2 out of 10 bore for $600

Good Cadets generally sell here in Australia for between $250-400, Martini Enfield $400-700, and Martini Henrys 577/450 $800 - 1200!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Have you one of those take down farquarson 299 morris thingo's
    I think id like one in good nick to play with.
    Might be the perfect bunny/ pot rifle.
    Half dead roadkill fixer.

Boolit Mold
    Darn, back in the late 50's the Sonny Surplus stores in Baltimore had racks of 310 Martinis for sale for $18.00 each. Should have invested my lawn cutting money in a bunch of them.

Boolit Buddy

All I can say is I love those little Cadet rifles! I've been lucky enough over the years to acquire 4 of them, and each is a beauty to me- 2 perfectly stock, one I rebored to 357Mag, and one rebarreled to 30wcf. All are wonderful in their own way. Loading the 310 is a piece of cake.
    I wish the supply of these little beautys had not dried up so soon- they've got to be out there somewhere--
    358wcf

I have wanted a Cadet rechambered in 357 magnum badly for years . There has been one on GB that has not gotten any bids to speak up but the gent who has it really wants a bit much for it in light of the demand for that type of gun. I tendered him an offer a while back and never got a response. I am imagining he is waiting for the one guy who will bite the hook at his high price.
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

I had one for several years, in 22 LR (Birmingham). The lack of a safety always bothered me, sold it at a decent profit.

If you want an "American" version, get a low wall in .357.

Quote Originally Posted by WinMike View Post
    I had one for several years, in 22 LR (Birmingham). The lack of a safety always bothered me, sold it at a decent profit.

If you want an "American" version, get a low wall in .357.

That never bothered me lever guns did not have them either and I was good with it.

Keeping your finger off the trigger is the best safety of all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this-is-my-safety-o.gif 
Views:	384 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	83318

Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    Sorry to hijack the OP, I was just amazed at the prices being asked in the USA for these fine old rifles. I just bought numbers 40 a .442 Rook rifle for $100 and 41 a Martini Enfield .303 made 1896 with a 9 1/2 out of 10 bore for $600

Good Cadets generally sell here in Australia for between $250-400, Martini Enfield $400-700, and Martini Henrys 577/450 $800 - 1200!

I am truly jealous..

Boolit Mold
    Bad *** Wallace, as another Aussie and having just added a Greener 297/230 to my collection ( much smaller in nos. than yours) would love to get some ammo for it. Have spoken to Bruce Bertram and no go, any suggestions??? regards, Aussie Hunter.

Boolit Buddy
    Can you make the 230 from Hornet brass? That is how I make 297/250.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Hunter View Post
    Bad *** Wallace, as another Aussie and having just added a Greener 297/230 to my collection ( much smaller in nos. than yours) would love to get some ammo for it. Have spoken to Bruce Bertram and no go, any suggestions??? regards, Aussie Hunter.
    CBE for your mould

http://www.castbulletengineering.com...fle/22-calibre

Boolit Master
    I have had some good luck (with other firearms) with this auction house, who do have plenty of Cadets, and will export.

http://www.australianarmsauctions.co..._auctions.html

You can see old catalogues and prices realized on the website, although they no longer have photo links to every item, as they do while still current. At last count they labored under the burden of an Australia Post ban on sending guns, but so does everybody there. They organize bulk shipments to agents in most countries... Well, "organize" might not be quite the word, since you are told very little until demands for fees and taxes come in from an agent you have never heard of. But it has always ended up a pretty reasonable cost and speed.

I have never had the slightest trouble importing antique cartridge firearms into the UK. They were all on our government's list of chamberings for which firearms made up to 1939 are antiques, and uncontrolled as long as you don't own them as anything but a "curioor ornament. None appeared to have been examined. I can't say what the situation might be in the USA, though. I hear that the BATF know a .297/.230 Cadet, usually Francotte, will have been made before the 1899 cutoff date for an antique, but .310s were all made later. I don't know if they are inclined to make any thing of that on import, though.