RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Feast!

Mexican Feast!

My sister married a Mexican guy a long time ago. She had to learn to cook for him. She lives on the other end of the farm.
    She just dropped me off some supper and I am in greasy heaven! Beef skirts, chicken, refried beans, spanish rice, grilled peppers, grilled zucchini(I think), grilled onion, flour and corn tortillas! Oh and that salad stuff with guacamole, tomato and cilantro. I am stuffed but thought I would share with you'all.
    J
    Attachment 80949
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Bub
    Good Looking Meal, the kind I liked when I lived in El Paso!

Boolit Master

im hungry now looks good
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    The first time I traveled to Mexico on business I was concerned about having to eat the food there. I should have been concerned, I got addicted to it. Just can't get enough of it.

Boolit Master

Yessir, that looks real good. I haven't had supper yet, so guess what I'm going after.

I grew up on a farm. We had and butchered cows. I had never heard of "skirts" before. When I found them they were cheap but man are they tasty! Since more people know of them the price went way up! Bummer.
    J

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Banned
    Skirt steak =fajitas.

Boolit Master

What could make a single restaurant meal so memorable that you can recall it 30 years later? And the place? It was 1982 or 1983 at a little wide place in the road on (I think) the Colorado River in Utah called Mexican Hat. My late wife and I were on vacation and had not eaten since we took in the Grand Canyon. We walked into the restaurant hesitantly (it really was not that inviting in terms of looks, but the sign read restaurant). We looked at the menu, but didn't understand it because it was all new to us. I looked across the way and told the waitress "I'll have what that guy over there is having." My wife said she would have the same. Great food with that south-of-the-border flavor that I still remember. Big Boomer

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    When I was a kid there were 3 pieces of the chicken that were not worth wasting your time chewing on.

One was the part that went over the fence last and the other 2 were the wings.

Now look what happens with a lot of publicity some creativity etc.

Darned stuff we threw out now costs more per # than the best steak.

Next thing will be carefully cut out that puckering ring install a stick of parsley sprinkle on bread crumbs and hot sauce and price them at $2.00 EACH

By the way mroliver77 what time did you say supper was?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    Looks like a plate full of HEAVEN there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    When I was a kid there were 3 pieces of the chicken that were not worth wasting your time chewing on.

Next thing will be carefully cut out that puckering ring install a stick of parsley sprinkle on bread crumbs and hot sauce and price them at $2.00 EACH

Them really nasty parts are what McNuggets are made of!!

Supper was at 6 PM AND Midnight last night! Bad Jay

Tonight is spaghetti.

Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

mroliver77, there is nothing better than Good Mexican food, and nothing worse than Bad Mexican food. I am lucky here in the southwest. There are many places close by that I can get good Tex/Mex meals.

That is one reason that I have to take so many pills, but I still enjoy it!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

My county is considered the tomato capital of the world. Therefor we have had a lot of migrants. Many stayed and have become part of the people here. So I get lot's of chances to eat Mexican food right at their table! We are a real mixed bag of heritages here and the food is great!
    I dont even want to talk about blood pressure.
    J

Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

J are you up around Sandusky and the Heinz plant? I spent a summer working up there a long time ago.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    The Spanish Rice & Refried Beans are the best thing about Mexican cooking. I still wonder why southern cooks didn't develop them? Throw in a hunk of Cornbread & I'm in heaven!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Vendor Sponsor

Oooh yeah!! Nothing like a good churrasco! And if they serve it with some chimichurri? MMMMMmmmmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post

Bill I know what you mean. I had a aunt that said that last part over the fence was her piece of fried chicken no matter what she referred to it as the juice box.LOL I had a uncle that sent his girl and her boyfriend to buy chicken on day to BBQ on the grill talk about a P.O.old man when they returned with #10 of wings.

I have been spoiled living in New Mexico and Arizona my whole life, grew up eating it and didn't know there was anything else!
    Some of my best recipes came from a Chinese friend who owned a small market, and some of the best Mexican food I have had was from Chinese cooks.

Boolit Master
    Some of the best Mexican food I have eaten was in Genoa, Oh (OH 163 and OH 51) and in downtown Port Clinton, Ohio near the charter docks. Both my kids and I had school friends whose families originally came to pick, and stayed.
    Paul

Boolit Master

I'm gonna have to cook down a hog head and make some tamales.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.