Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: 2 part epoxy on 9mm cast bullets, got some done.

Boolit Buddy

Arrow 2 part epoxy on 9mm cast bullets, got some done.

I have been working my tail off trying to figure out this 2 part epoxy on these 9mm 125 grain. Looks like its going to work. only question I have is should I bake them also? after they are dry they are rock hard so I really don't see baking would help, but I really don't know? I mixed this 2 part epoxy, and used a small air brush to paint the coat on lightly. This paint is so good I threw a few into the molting lead pot, and watched them literally take 1 minute longer to melt than compared to regular lead I was throwing in there. Following I took some conuba wax, and applied a thin coat. I tried to dip the bullets, but it the paint was too thick applying it like that. Also tried the shake in a cup method, but paint did not cover all areas of the bullet before getting tacky.
    Thanks for looking, and its hotter than a fire cracker down here in Texas,,,,, cant wait for winter! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8-17-13.jpg  

Banned

I would but who knows? 200 to 220 degrees for 20 minutes. What brand are you using?

Boolit Buddy
    its a, Tile Clad HS Sherwin Williams brand. Thanks Jmortimer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    I would but who knows? 200 to 220 degrees for 20 minutes. What brand are you using?
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” — George Orwell

In Remembrance

I have a buddy at Sherwin Wms. If this works, let me know and ill see if he can formulate it to carry an even suspension of hexagonal boron nitrite! C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks cpileri!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpileri View Post
    I have a buddy at Sherwin Wms. If this works, let me know and ill see if he can formulate it to carry an even suspension of hexagonal boron nitrite! C-
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” — George Orwell