WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: one SFRB full of 10:1 alloy for free, I'll pay shipping.

Moderator Emeritus

one SFRB full of 10:1 alloy for free, I'll pay shipping.

This has been asked for by PM and will be shipped out to this person.

Do you need some tin...but don't have the scratch ?

I have a surplus of 10-1 (lead-tin) alloy in one pound ingots. There should be about 2lbs of tin ($36 worth per rotometals) in this one small flat rate box full of alloy, that I am offering.

This is an easy way to add tin to your WW alloy, or you can just cut it with some near pure lead, if that's what you have, to get a more economical and usable alloy such as 20:1 or 30:1.

OK, Tell me your true story

I will choose the recipient in a week...on friday the 23rd
    edited 8-23-2013: Since no one has requested this, I guess I'll leave this open ended, until someone in need answers here...even in a PM if you prefer not to be public...

This is open to "any castboolit member" (with a USA "ship to" address) who has joined the forum before the date of this post, BUT...if your join date is on or after this post date, I will still consider your story, but I request another member to confirm your legitimacy. So, if you wondered in here via a google search for free stuff, this is my attempt to weed you out.

Please post your story in this "open to the public" thread. I realize that can be a tough thing, but we are a generous bunch, and a person truely in need will probably get others to contribute needed items.
    Have a good one !
    Jon

PS, reminder...
    Forum: Helping Hands
    1. I am giving it away to someone that needs or wants what I am giving away. 2. "I'll take it" doesn't necessarily rule. The giver can "pass" on recipients calling "I'll take it!" 3. The person giving the item pays the shipping so the item is always worth the shipping. 4. The person receiving the gift is not obligated to give anything.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 08-23-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Real Cool!
    Thanks for being a Helping Hands person!

Boolit Grand Master

I don't need it but that's a great offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    He is one of the good ones! Nice gesture Jon.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Yes Sir! very nice!
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Very nice Jon!

Moderator Emeritus

hmmm, no one yet ?
    If no one requests the free box of alloy, I'll just keep this open ended til someone does.

Did I request too much in asking for the story ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    hmmm, no one yet ?
    Did I request too much in asking for the story ?
    I don't think so.
    Probably most are like me and already have enough of this type of item so are not entering leaving it to someone who really needs it.

Michael Grace

Boolit Master

I don't think you asked too much in requesting a story. I would guess that most folks are like me, and could buy it if we wanted it, and are simply waiting for someone who actually is in a "need" situation who can't afford to buy it. This sure is a generous offer for you to make, and folks like you are one of the reasons why this site is such a great site.

I also doing think it was too much. Maybe you will get more takers when it gets closer to the close time/day.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    That is a very gracious offer! Now, if I *actually* knew what that silver stuff in my pot was, I would feel better about discussing "I need this", or "I have plenty of that",,,,,,,,,,(I think the scientific nomenclature for my alloy is "Dirt Berries".)

Besides, given enough time, someone who really need this will find this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ill be honest. If this can be used for Rifle Boolits, then ill take it.
    Mickey Mouse School of Combat Graduate

Moderator Emeritus

Cag40Navy,
    This [10:1] isn't really much of a rifle alloy for modern rifles. BUT, If you were loading BP or shooting muzzle loaders, lots of those guys like 20:1 or 30:1, that's why I mentioned those alloys in my OP.

NOW, I've read your story in "student of the boolit" and seen some of your other posts and I'd like to offer you some alloy, How about some of what I use for a rifle alloy 94-3-3 ? when I measure hardness with my Lee tester, I get a BHN=16. You should probably discuss this with Brassmagnet as he is mentoring you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator Emeritus

I am leaving the offer of the 10:1 alloy OPEN, til some one in need answers here...OR even in a PM if you prefer not to be public...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boolit Master

John, you certainly set the bar for the rest of us with your generosity sir!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

I, like many others could always use more supplies, but I think this needs to go to someone that really NEEDS it, great offer hope someone that truly needs it gets a helping hand from this.
    The problem with our society is a decline in morals, only the people of this once great nation can choose to correct that problem, morality cannot be regulated by our government.

Moderator Emeritus

I received a PM from a fellow member for the 10:1 alloy. He's been here for a while and lives on a tight budget and can surely use the alloy. I'll be sending it out next week.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~