MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm dying here

I wouldn't take too much notice of Major Drake. Now he's out of the service he doesn't even shave or cut his hair anymore......
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

In Remembrance

Joe. Just remember the old adage that a weary old cowboy had about an achey body. "Nuttin gets the blood arushin again or makes you jump right up in the morning like pulling your boots on and finding a scorpion has taken up residence in one of `em"!Robert

Thank you for your service to out country.

Keep after the weight loss it is the best thing you can do to feel better. About 6 years ago I became sick from pulmonary emboli that destroy about 70% of my lung capacity. I became inactive and by Oct 2011 I weighed 265. After almost expiring trying to walk up a very small incline I put myself on a diet that I know I will have to maintain for the rest of my days. I HATE IT, LOVE TO EAT! Anyway, I now weigh 180 pounds (5'10") and can get around better. If I can loose weight (I am a glutton by nature) you sir with your military training and discipline will be able get back into shape.

Good luck and god bless.

BB

Boolit Master

Don't you pay no mind to Jeff Joe! I keep the hair neatly trimmed and the retirement beard and mustache was lost last week when the Mrs. said I was starting to look creepy with the facial hair. Since she asked me to grow it, I was happy to take it back off.

I've gotten back into running now that I can't really rolling around on the mats with the boys anymore on a regular basis. I've lost 10lbs since May so yeah, its good to get back into the cardio.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Joe. Just remember the old adage that a weary old cowboy had about an achey body. "Nuttin gets the blood arushin again or makes you jump right up in the morning like pulling your boots on and finding a scorpion has taken up residence in one of `em"!Robert
    I don't claim to be a cowboy, but I can give you first hand experience to this, and it does cause you to dance around a bit.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Jeff, I haven't had a haircut in over a year and haven't shaved in about 6 months. I am starting to look like I would fit in with the Duck Dinasty crew.

Bruce, the wife complained about the beard for a bit but now that it is about 4 inches long she stopped. I don't know if she just gave up out of exasperation or what. I will probably keep the beard until the end of April of 2014 after spoonbill season is over as it stays pretty cold on the Missouri River through then, not to mention deer season. I have noticed that the beard does help keep the face and neck warm on those cold frosty days when I would grow it out for deer season.

As to finding a scorpion in ones boot, that was a common occurrence while I was in Afghanistan. I got to where I would pull my socks over the tops of my boots at night. You couldn't get away from them. I believe the national animal of Afghanistan is the scorpion. If it isn't it should be.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

This may sound less than manley but consider Yoga and Pilates. They dont beat you to death. Im fighting back problems now and have just started a mix of these.

Boolit Master
    Joe,
    In deference to much of America, which seems to conveniently forget the service eagerly performed, the sacrifices unflinchingly made and the price that you and your family have quietly paid, you have my undying gratitude. As to your responsibilities as a father, my hat's off to you sir. Although I haven't suffered injuries to the extent of yours, I have 15 years on you and have 4 sons (2 at home) ranging in age from 12 to 31. So I have a clue of what you are experiencing.

33 years ago, when I was in LE I was a gym rat and into weightlifting. My goal in those days was to, with my weak arm, be able to grab a 180 lb. suspect by the front of his shirt and slide him up a wall until his feet were off the floor, so I could retrieve my cuffs, sap, mace or just notebook with by other hand. I think I probably did more damage to myself in the gym than I ever incurred from scuffling with a suspect or an arrestee.

Now, at 58 and 40+ pounds overweight with a ruptured lumbar disc, sciatica, tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, a shattered left wrist as a teen, damage from Osgood Slaughters disease in my right knee, I still go to the park and throw the football or shoot baskets with the boys, but oh do I pay for it for two or three days afterward.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Joe,

I'd like to thank you for your service, and I am grateful that you came back alive,
    I really am saddened by all the wonderful young men that did not, including in my
    own family. I hope your injuries heal as well as is possible. Best of luck building back
    up, take it slow and steady, and I wish you the best in this.

Good luck finding the cave, too. I've been in a few wild caves and that can be a lot of fun.

I think of you every time I see and then inevitably handle and admire the knife you made.

Best wishes,

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy

Sir, I wish to add in my thank yous for your service.

I am finding a need for major weight loss, also. I have not the metal you do, but am closer to country gent's condition than I like, albeit from different conditions.

you have one advantage others have not stated, and you should use and enjoy it. A youngster at home. Not only for someone to workout with, but as a foil against the emotional effects of frequent or constant pain.

Other than that, I get more benefit from naproxen sodium, than from any of the other otc pain/inflammation relievers.

Richard
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

I am still looking for Dad's cave
    Probably the best & most rewarding exercise you can get. Several friends have limited caloric intake to 2K per day, they are losing weight pretty good. Used to do some minor cave hunting around Springfield as a kid. Then limit the dinner when you get back home.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Joe
    As so many have said thanks for standing up for America.
    Now as to how you are doing try this
    You are 65 and in a car wreck, you mess up your back that you broke decades ago and your wrist. Just sitting was fun for a while but that has settled down, now it is walking and yes it hurts to do that sometimes just standing is painful.

My wrist they think I tore a ligament and it will take the better part of a year to heal, waiting on the surgeon as to whether we operate or not.

I am way heavier than I would like to be and much closer to your weight then I like. For me I would like to get back down to 195 and I could be happy but that mean dropping almost 70 pounds and at my age that just might be a real challenge.

Now the kicker I have a son and a daughter they are very young and dad does have trouble keeping up but we enjoy our time when dad can have them. Yea like so many vets I am divorced and don't get enough time with my kids but that is life and I have learned to enjoy every minute I get with them.

I might even get to become the caretaker on a ranch and if so I just might end life there if the owner is willing. I can think of no better place to end life then working or even just living in the country. Yea I grew up working on a neighbors farm and never learned to like not being there except that farming just doesn't pay what other jobs do and now I have learned that all that money just might not have been worth what it cost me. Think broken bones here and other injuries.

Best of luck with your getting back down to your desired weight.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Shadowwalker: & here I am hoping that the ranch you speak of is somewhere in the Frank Church or Selway-Bitteroot Wilderness areas..Just got done y'day looking at the website of one such flyin place on the upper Selway R... I will bring my own drinkables and ammo...(also saw another place not far downstream from the Moose Cr.Ranger Station..... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

Onceabull
    It is down east of where I am now about 3 hours away in fact. I am hoping it works out as I just want to get back to the land. Some reason getting dirty from honest work seems to be a good idea to me. There are a couple of other places close that I might get some harvest time work from to keep the money jar from going totally empty. ha ha
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boerrancher - Just had to post this to make you feel better.
    Church Ladies With Computers Are At It Again :

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
    --------------------------
    Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
    Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
    For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
    -----------------------------
    Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
    A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
    Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
    Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
    Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
    The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
    Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 AM . All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B. S. is done.
    The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
    Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
    Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
    The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday:"I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours."
    Whatever!

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    shdwlkr: Please remember that some of our Long Rifles gun show partners are from that area,and one is a farmer !! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

So do I need a combat helmet or just a water melon one so they know I am harmless?
    farmers are some of the best people in the world.
    they know what work is, when to work, when to play and just how to live on almost nothing most of the time.

Remember I grew up working on a farm and my dad was an Ag engineer for most of his life even when he left and became a hydraulic engineer he still would work with the farmers in the area that knew him.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master

Well fellas I must be a glutton for punishment. Tonight I did the Tai Kwan Do work out and lessons with my younger son and then did the kick boxing with the older one. I also lifted weights for the hour break in between the to classes. I don't feel to bad right now but we will see if I can get out of bed in about 6 hours from now.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boerrancher,
    Thank you for your service to each of us out here for freedom. You haver my admerasion, you have taken on a couple of great exercise tasks. Kick boxing, tac wan do, and staying ahead of the boys. I uaed to bail hay with my boys, just a couple things, never show kids fear at that point they win. Don't give up all that exercise will help with the pain after those muscles stengthen. Been there done that it will help it is just getting thru the first few days as you know.
    Again thanks for you service and sacrafice also to your family for theirs.
    Good luck. Also looking for a cave the past owner hid moonshine and money in on this property.
    CD in TN