Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: $25 portable reloading stand

Boolit Buddy

$25 portable reloading stand

$20 stool
    $5 bolts/washers/nuts
    Scrap plywood for a working shelf.

Nice idea! When raising the ram does it have a feeling of tipping where you need to maybe step on the foot rests? Or does the location simply "push it into the floor"?

Boolit Master
    Great idea. I'll extend the plywood off both sides. My son's Christmas present, with a press bolted to it.
    Paul

Boolit Buddy
    i'm still waiting on some parts for the press so havent put it to real use yet, but going thru the motions it feels plenty sturdy. think about if you were sitting on a stool and leaned forward. the location towards the center might help, but this press was designed to be set back from the edge. otherwise the handle goes too far and over cams the ram.

Boolit Master
    Matt unless your legs extend out as far as the end of your handle it will tip over when you size a case.
    When I started loading in college I had an old TV cabinet that did that until it was weighted down.
    EDG

Boolit Buddy
    Hmmm...I can def see how that would be the case, but what about all the commercial stands that are just tripods? I'll update once I get my parts and do some sizing.

Boolit Mold
    What about adding/tying a sandbag under the center lower cross members of the legs. I'd weave a few peices of 550 cord like a fishing net and between the four legs, the cross members would keep the 550 cord from sleping down to the ground, the and a sandbag 1/2 full. You could then cut a peice of ply wood and make a small shelf on the lower cross members.

Just a thought, to lower the center of gravity.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    What about adding/tying a sandbag under the center lower cross members of the legs. I'd weave a few peices of 550 cord like a fishing net and between the four legs, the cross members would keep the 550 cord from sleping down to the ground, the and a sandbag 1/2 full. You could then cut a peice of ply wood and make a small shelf on the lower cross members.

Just a thought, to lower the center of gravity.
    Same idea, but fill the net with boxes of boolits for weight. Just tell him that when it tilts it means he needs some more!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Got my parts and sized some 40s and 30-06. No tipping or other problems at all on the down stroke. I did have to put my foot on the rung on the up stroke cause it wanted to lift the light stool off the ground. But it is actually comfortable to have my foot there while sitting.

Boolit Master

Add a shelf between the bottom braces and fill it with ingots!

Boolit Buddy
    I bolted my RCBS single stage to an old B&D Workmate. I bolted a 3/4 piece of plywood to the top as my "table" and bolted the press onto that. Add a folding metal chair and I'm in business. Works really well and is relatively portable. No, the workmate no longer folds up.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread-steal. It's just that I understand the need for something like this as I don't have a dedicated reloading/work bench. Or the room for one.

Emrah