WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: A visit with Swamp

Boolit Bub

A visit with Swamp

Had an opportunity to visit Swamp, while in the Denver area. As always a very generous man, he sold me a reloading press and continues to supply me with cast boolits. Thanks again Swamp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ResizedImage951373820087827.jpg  

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Its a good day to spend time with someone that is caring and helpful less of these types around we all need to realize how great some of the people we meet are in this world that's on the fast track to the obis.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Nice to see the open carry. Opened the thread and about had a heart attack, the gentleman in the red shirt bears an uncanny resemblance to my little brother who lives in gator country!

Boolit Bub
    That's me in the red shirt. Swamp is the handsome gentleman in the hat.

Boolit Master
    Just to clear a point. Open carry is not allowed in Denver city and county. But, on your own property there is no restriction. Colorado is an open carry state. It is the local laws you have to be careful of.

Had a nice visitm but too short. BeMan(Tony) is a pleasent sort and a good neighbor. Enjoyed the meet.

swamp

I too can declare the generosity of Bro. Swamp. He trimed a bunch of cases to fit my .577 Snyder then sent me some bullets to go with it. A very fine and engaging fellow. I have to go to Walsenburg in the spring and intend to stop off and pay my respects.

Boolit Master
    Dan,
    Hope you get by. Let me know and I will have coffee ready or maybe something a little stronger.

swamp

I find this thread to be interesting and yet funny at the same time. Here is why I find it so funny 1 people call me Swamp Man or Swampy due to my life long love of the Fl swamps, 2 my real name is Tony, 3 I was born in Gainesville,Fl which is referred to as Gator Country because it's home of the Florida Gators. While I'm here I may as well say hello to Swamp & Tony,Hamish what part of gator country is your brother in?

Boolit Master
    Swamp Man, I have been called swamp since elementary school. My last name is Marsh. I think it started as teasing, I didn't care. Been using it since as a nickname.

swamp

When I was a kid most folks called me the swamp child when I grew up it changed to swamp man then some of my close friends took to calling me swampy. I grew up with a big swamp behind our land my mom couldn't keep me out of the swamp everyone in our area knew I spent most of my time in and around the swamp. The old man next to us started calling the swamp child and it just kind stuck rarely did anyone call me Tony. I can't tell you how many times I got my but beat by my mom for being in that swamp but it didn't do any good I still went back. Kind of funny how we end up with these nick name that stick with us for life. Lots of people know me by my nickname but don't know my real name after years of knowing me. So your Swamp Marsh hey it may have started as a joke but I like it.

Boolit Bub
    Swamp Man,

You are blessed with 2 good names! Almost took a liking to you before you mentioned Florida gators.
    Go Vols!

Boolit Grand Master

Nice thread!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Quote Originally Posted by BeMan View Post
    Swamp Man,

You are blessed with 2 good names! Almost took a liking to you before you mentioned Florida gators.
    Go Vols!
    Thanks Beman. LOL I'm about to redeem myself with this statement,I'm a Fl native but I'm not a Gator fan I'v never been interested in team sports. I'v always been more into fishing,hunting,airboating,gator hunting and exploring natural areas of Fl.