MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading bench

Boolit Master

+1 on the lights. I have 2 4 ft lights. One over my loading bench and one over my wrenching/cleaning bench. Also have a double fixture with 2 100w bulbs. Buckshot, what's up with the toilet paper holder on your cabinet?

Boolit Master

Wherever they hire Philosophers & Misanthropes...
    +1 on Height. Mine is Adjustable - and portable.

1940s/50s Hospital Bed Table. 3/4" ply top on heavy steel tube frame.
    A Democrat that owns Guns is like a Vegan that owns Cats...
    C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
    Gott und Gewehr mit uns!...
    Death is only The End if you assume the Story is about You.
    1.618034 Fnord
    מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין - Daniel 5:25-28 - Got 7.62?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by EMC45 View Post
    +1 on the lights. I have 2 4 ft lights. One over my loading bench and one over my wrenching/cleaning bench. Also have a double fixture with 2 100w bulbs. Buckshot, what's up with the toilet paper holder on your cabinet?
    ............That's rolled paper towels. I was too cheap to spring for the dispenser

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Bench width might depend on how you want it to sit. If you are mounting a long edge tight to the wall there is no need to make it very deep. Probably 24" would be O.K. , to reduce clutter. But if you put a short end of the bench to the wall in a manner that gives you walk around 3 sides capability or place it free standing in a room then wider is the way to go as you can mount equipment on either long side. If it were 48" deep for instance you can mount a row of low cabinet shelves with compartments on both sides right down the middle for storage on the bench. One side dedicated to brass cartridge reloading, opposite to shotgun or bullet lubing etc.. I built one ( 48" x 72") for a friend and he reloads on one side and ties flies on the opposite side. Top center dual storage cabinet with different depths of shelves for the difference in common storage containers for the two disciplines. Wish I had a picture of it as the top is supported by shelved floor cabinets for additional storage down to floor level. Kind of like an old style "partners" office desk except the storage under the top is on the narrow ends and provide 18" deep shelves. This was a heavy duty unit with 2" thick laminated top and arborite surface. Made to dissemble into 4 major components (2 end cabinets, table top, top central cabinet) He has it sitting in the middle of his hobby room and can walk around all four sides. Finished weight was more than 200 pounds and it doesn't budge on the floor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12