RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: The Trip to Cabela's, or What are Remington #5 1/2 Small Pistol Primers?

Boolit Master

The Trip to Cabela's, or What are Remington #5 1/2 Small Pistol Primers?

I thought I died and went directly to Heaven! There on the end cap at Cabela's were primers and no limit on the purchase amount! CCI Larger Rifle and LRMagnum, nary a one LPP, Small rifle CCI and Remington, and the Remington SPP I picked out. I have about 10 years worth of LPP but thought to pick up 5000 SPP....but I do not often use the Remington brand.

So, I arrived home with my new found treasure, started to put them in my primer vault, and noticed they were identical to the #1 1/2 SPP alerady residing there. I have not tried to load/ fire these and am wondering if anyone here knows what the difference between Remington #1 1/2 SPP and Remington #5 1/2 SPP might be? The Remington web site failed to provide the needed information.

And before someone offers to take these offending creatures out of my vault if I would pay the postage...I am SURE I can find some use for them if not for the Distinguished Revolver Matches as intended.

Thanks in advance, and if you can, please provide a reference for your information.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Moderator Emeritus

Primer chart http://www.handloads.com/misc/primers.asp 5 1/2 is small pistol magnum