Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Pics of my new 10mm boolit

Pics of my new 10mm boolit

I got this mold off of a user here. It's a 401-225-SWC with crimp groove sized at .401 lubed with Lar's Red. With lube and WW alloy they weigh 231gr.

This is the boolit all lubed up.

This is boolit loaded to the crimp groove at 1.275" in the 10mm. Hand feeds from magazine in my Pro Carry 4" 10mm 1911, but it won't eject loaded round. Notice the chewed up nose.

Here is a side by side comparison of a dummy round and a boolit. Notice how much case that sucker takes up.

Boolit Master

well since no one has answered your post I will make a comment.
    The bullet is a nice looking bullet but I M H O it is a little heavy for the 10MM. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time but most 10MM bullets go about 200 grains.
    I also don't think you want to use that crimp ring. The 10MM should have a taper crimp not a roll crimp. I thought they head spaced on the case mouth.
    Just trying to help.

The 10mm does use a taper crimp. This is for a 4" 1911.

I've used 220gr TC's from the 10mm with good results. 230gr is the upper limit for semi-auto 10mm guns. Revolvers (S&W 610, converted GP100) can use out to 250gr.

I'm looking to get 1050-1100fps from these (Blue Dot should do the trick). I'm going to play with Blue Dot, WSF (plinkers), and possibly Longshot (for a nice medium). Thinking starting loads with Blue Dot to be about 8gr with 9gr being max. WSF should be 5.5-6.5gr and Longshot should be about 7-8gr. Now for a little range time...

Blue Dot in a 10mm has the side benefit of a cool light show. I just love lighting up the local indoor range with some full power loads. Gets the attention of the other shooter at the line.

I see that Double Tap offers a 230 grain hard cast WFN in the 10mm.

Boolit Master

Hiya FreakShow.

Got any 800-X on hand? I'd give that a try.

Herco and VV 3N37 would be another couple interesting powders.

Just a WAG, but I bet the small kernals of the 3N37 would give you the best weight density in this burning rate. Trouble is, it's so expensive, but for the few rounds you'll load with this bullet, it might be worth it.

My "secret" 10mm powder is SOLO 1250. That might work OK with this weight bullet, too.

That sure is not much room for powder in there.....

Let us know an update, would ya?

Will do. Won't get to the range for another week or so. Finishing up our bedroom and then we can move in (finally).

I'm going to work up loads with WSF, Longshot, Blue Dot, and Power Pistol. I'm going to stay away from 800X. I don't want to mess with the metering BS. After loading 600-some 10mm rounds with a Lee hand press, I don't want to hand charge either.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow! 10mm in a ProCarry. My daughter has one in .45 and it's a handful with full power loads, can't imagine a hot 10mm load in one of those.

Heard a guy the other day describe his gun's recoil by saying, imagine holding a bobcat in one hand and using the other hand to stick a finger up it's rear, that's about what I'd imagine it to be like.

Hardly.

Here are three videos of me shooting my Pro Carry 10mm. I think I handle it quite nicely. I mixed up the firing rate to show recoil effects. I snuck a double tap in the 135gr video.

Here are the ammo specs. They range from 208-233PF. These are 4 inch barrel velocities

DT 135gr JHP @ 1542fps
    DT 180gr XTP @ 1297fps
    Handload of 12.5gr Blue Dot 155gr XTP @ 1399fps

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=freakshow10mm