Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Portable reloading bench

Portable reloading bench

Here are a couple of pictures of my reloading bench. I used to just have one press mounted on it, but I now have 2 along with my star sizer. I need to rig up something that will catch my bullets as they come through the sizer.

I use 2 Dillion square deals, with one set up for small primers and the other for large primers. I also have 2 powder measures with one for small charges and one for large charges.

This bench pushes up against the window and I just pull it out when I need it. I have a detached garage, but I would rather load in the house.

I kept the top plate smaller than the footprint of the feet and I have all the stability I need. This might be a good solution for those who live in an apartment or want something that doesn't take up a lot of space.

Crabo
    Last edited by crabo; 05-28-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

crabo;
    That looks like a rather clever set up for those that have space problems or those that have to live for a time in temporary quarters.

Dale53

Nice neat set up.

Makes me wonder why I built my bench the size I did. It alway seems the more space you have to put stuff. the more stuff you collect.
    WORK TO LIVE, LIVE TO HUNT
    SHOOT ONCE, KILL CLEAN, APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

In Remembrance
    If you unclamp that top and set it aside, you can clamp a longer one in that Workmate and have a portable shooting bench. Double duty from a very stable base unit.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master
    Very clever. I have a B&D Workmate, and can't imagine how I ever got along without it!
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    I have a pair of Workmates I got thru Sears back in the '70s and have used HARD - but it never occurred to me to use them for reloading! The pair is handy for setting up a long plank for my chop saw or other cutting or layout work up to 20'. They have taken incredible abuse and are only now getting a bit wobbly and starting to de-laminate the tops in places. I ordinarily avoid Black & Decker stuff like the plague, but these have been great accessories.

floodgate

I had a portable reloading setup for a while. Check mine out. This is what I started loading on about a year ago. Now I have 5 presses with a 550 in the works.