RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 54 of 742 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 14838

Thread: simple Hi-Tek coating

Boolit Bub
    Im loading the Lee 155 gr projo in .300 Blk, and using HTC Black. My question is- Gas check installed before or after HTC?

Boolit Master
    ZW. Nice Photo.

Popper. I don't WD. I only use 92,6,2 alloy for 9mm, 358, 40
    And range lead for 44, 45.

I tried mixing 25ml of a Blue with 25ml of Natural, hoping it might stay blue after baking.
    No...didn't work. the coating baked a dark green. Smash and wipe fine, so these will get loaded rather than re-melted.

I have a purple coating that showed promise. It baked a burgandy colour.
    I'm going to try it 70/30 with the Natural to see if it will lighten up any. The natural adds metallic elements to the coating as it is heavy in metals. this make the coating tougher.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

ausglock, you ever feel like the maytag man? Nothing broke,nothing to fix, no complaints, no warranty calls, just setting around. huh? Simple hi-tek.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    ausglock, you ever feel like the maytag man? Nothing broke,nothing to fix, no complaints, no warranty calls, just setting around. huh? Simple hi-tek.
    Gunslick. Mate. you got it.
    Just chillin with my Supercoat.
    just Makin' & coatin' bullets... yeah baby..
    New oven is sweet. holds temp perfectly and the cyclone strength fan has every bullet coming out the same colour with no hotspots.

I am now mixing and matching different colours to try and get something unique.
    going to try a red and the natural to see if it will go pink.

What have you been up to?
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

I have enough hi-tek made up rite now, Have new primmer system for loadmaster from magic mike. Working on my big truck kenworth. Putting a pedal system (yea)on my star sizer, gotta get some machined parts and my ox/acc tanks filled. Gotta tune up my mig welder. Bought a lcp ruger 380 and a tcp taurus 380. Been running 380 on loadmaster, a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC9Yb1SVZxk

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psbd6c9d1b.mp4

Closed off walk thru hole, took sleeper off, put it in my hangar, I aint truckin no more. Might make me a motor home to go to california in the winter. Gotta lot of friends out there and arizona.

New ruger below:

My sig just came back for free updates:

Hes me landing my experimental plane @KFAY. Ya gotta hook up ear phones and listen to lycoming engine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIISXHnP6Y8
    Last edited by gunoil; 09-03-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Boolit Master
    more info on the priming system? and who is Magic mike?
    I had a loadmaster and sold it off because it was a pig to use. I now have a Dillon 550 and a Square dealB. The square deal stays setup for 45ACP. the 550 does all the rest.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

magic mike: mikesreloadingbench.com

Retired engineer from texas, he finally invented a mod to allow lee primer system to work. And his other components all add up to a working loadmaster.
    here: ausglock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC9Yb1SVZxk

Boolit Mold
    I'm going to try this coating with an old Lee 180 grain 30-06 mold. Anybody got advice.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rowe_s View Post
    I'm going to try this coating with an old Lee 180 grain 30-06 mold. Anybody got advice.
    Use gold or red/copper. Mix 5-1-7 and coat & Bake 3 times.
    read Page 19 post #366.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

ausglock? u look at : mikesreloadingbench.com? http://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/

The new primer is not on there but i'll make sure u get one. L or S? or both?
    Last edited by gunoil; 09-08-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Boolit Master
    yeah. had a look.
    I don't have the loadmaster anymore.
    He has spent a lot of time on getting it to run right.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

heres cutting new sliders, iam beta tester fir a while now, just made some 45acp ammo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Lka1YoHBU

Cooked some 135 gr NOE's tonite. Da ya reckon that oven temp gage is rite. It showed my Con oven off around 70 degrees. Well Shat!
    Last edited by gunoil; 09-05-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Banned

Ordered some green!

Doing a few of these: Last (3) coat i did they looked great and mailed em off.
    Last edited by gunoil; 09-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey, I recognize those.

Those boys are gonna be interesting to test out. I hope they can handle some speed, I can get them over 2500 of they want. I just don't know if I want to shoot many at that speed

Boolit Buddy
    Ok. Got the green stuff. I cast a bunch of rcbs 158gr rnfp. Mix up 5:1:6 ratio. Coat thin first coat. Cook at 365 for 10 mins. Wipe test smash test: pass. Coated two more times. Last coat wipe test smash test: pass. I goes to size... First thing I notice is the coating chipping on the corner of the plane base. I keep sizing and notice more than half of the bullets' baring surface coating is wilted. And it chipped away when I poked at it with pen tip. ***!?

Love Life
    Bummer. Try again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgundrums View Post
    Ok. Got the green stuff. I cast a bunch of rcbs 158gr rnfp. Mix up 5:1:6 ratio. Coat thin first coat. Cook at 365 for 10 mins. Wipe test smash test: pass. Coated two more times. Last coat wipe test smash test: pass. I goes to size... First thing I notice is the coating chipping on the corner of the plane base. I keep sizing and notice more than half of the bullets' baring surface coating is wilted. And it chipped away when I poked at it with pen tip. ***!?
    Doesn't sound like you cooked hot enough. The boolits have to get to reach 365. So you might want to try cooking at 400.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgundrums View Post
    Coating too thick.
    Don't use as much.
    With the green, I mix 5-1-10. and only do 2 coats.
    What size die you using?

I had no luck at all trying to size coated bullets with RCBS or Lyman conventional size dies. I had the coating getting ripped off the bullets.
    I now only use Lee push through sizers.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    Coating too thick.
    Don't use as much.
    With the green, I mix 5-1-10. and only do 2 coats.
    What size die you using?

I had no luck at all trying to size coated bullets with RCBS or Lyman conventional size dies. I had the coating getting ripped off the bullets.
    I now only use Lee push through sizers.
    I'm too guessing maybe too thick... The bullets are rcbs. I sized to .358 with lee push-through die.

Boolit Buddy
    Had another miserable fail last night... Following directions to the letter. I even bought a nice Oster oven. Is there something about the green that makes it such a bastard child to use? Are the others (red copper, gold, black etc) any better? The only option I have left is to get a temp thermometer and see if my oven is lying.
    Just spent the last 3 hours casting 250 slugs and coating. No release agents on bullets. Real close to throwing this green dogs**t in the trash...please help

Page 54 of 742 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast