Boolit Master
    Well..... Sorta close....sorta.....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    That and I'll polish the lee sizers

Boolit Master
    I have been using Hornady one shot case lube to help size Hi-Tek coated boolits for over a year without any problems. I have some 500 grain 45-70 boolits that I cast and coated with the original swamp green a year ago. They load and shoot fine with no leading.
    I think the hornady case lube is just lanolin and alcohol.

Boolit Buddy
    I asked but they won't release the "proprietary composition" other than the 75% n-hexane. But they did say it's not lanolin.

Boolit Buddy
    Welp, I added PTFE to 80% isopropyl alcohol. Shook the lleh out of it. Spritzed some onto coated bullets. Tumbled them around. ISO flashed off. Left thin, powdery PTFE visible on the bullets. They size SO much smoother now. Wow.

Boolit Master
    I do have some rests of CLP Break Free here, which I donīt use anymore.
    Thereīs PTFE in it I suppose.

Will this work?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay1 View Post
    I do have some rests of CLP Break Free here, which I donīt use anymore.
    Thereīs PTFE in it I suppose.

Will this work?
    Any lube should help with sizing after last coating has been applied.
    However, the Hi-Tek coatings already contain adequate components, non PTFE, that allow easy sizing.
    The Powdered versions, contain best balance of ingredients which provide best results without need for additional lube being required for sizing.
    If you wish to use a lube of some sort, that is OK, but please ensure that lube used, does not contaminate work areas or surfaces which may affect coating adhesion.
    Best lubes are the ones which are dry and non transferring. Solvent based oily or greasy with or without PTFE, or Silicone types will eventually become a problem with migration due to handling transfer contamination of the residues, even after solvent evaporates.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgundrums View Post
    Welp, I added PTFE to 80% isopropyl alcohol. Shook the lleh out of it. Spritzed some onto coated bullets. Tumbled them around. ISO flashed off. Left thin, powdery PTFE visible on the bullets. They size SO much smoother now. Wow.
    Told ya.....
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HI-TEK View Post
    Solvent based oily or greasy with or without PTFE, or Silicone types will eventually become a problem with migration due to handling transfer contamination of the residues, even after solvent evaporates.
    what you mean by migration/contamination?..

Boolit Master

what you mean by migration/contamination?..
    What I am referring to is, that when a product is used, it transfers to surfaces. Those surfaces are then touched by other equipment materials, hands etc, and there is a transfer by contact.
    Then touching something else, or placing equipment materials onto other surfaces or areas, there is a deposit left on contact.
    Without realising, the spread of such contact material transfer continues to spread such a way.
    If products are aerosols, it is impossible to totally confine overspray, which deposits on all surfaces by air/mist movement.
    These are the migration contamination I was referring to.

Boolit Buddy
    Ah ok thank you sir!!

Boolit Buddy
    I remember a while back it was mentioned there is a harder coating in development. Is that still underway? I still have my head wrapped around the short shelf life of some of my bullets...

Boolit Master

Ah ok thank you sir!!
    No problems.

Many years ago, I was visiting a car manufacturer factory.
    On arrival, I was stopped from entry, and grilled about where I had been previously.
    I found that very confrontational them grilling me.
    What it turned out to be, was, that they were concerned, that I may have visited another factory/premises, where there may have been use of Silicone products or similar.
    As it turns out, I would have been not allowed inside, because previously, they had a massive problem with paint coatings being applied to cars, where the silicone type products caused all sorts of finish problem, and, I would have possibly carried some on me on my clothes, shoes or on hands if I had visited such areas previously.
    It really made a lasting impression on me, as I had never considered such matters.

Boolit Master

I remember a while back it was mentioned there is a harder coating in development. Is that still underway? I still have my head wrapped around the short shelf life of some of my bullets...
    Yes, you are correct.
    A harder version was developed. Shipment of materials were made as solvent based systems in stock at Bayou. It is Gold 1035 system. I dont know if there is much stock left available.
    Also, new shipment of powdered version is at wharf in LA, waiting to be cleared by customs.
    The new shipment, contains several colours, and is made from harder polymer system, and is made with 2-Extreme system to help with sizing, especially with harder alloys.
    All have been tested prior to shipment.

Boolit Grand Master

I have some of the Gold 1035 and have used it on many different boolits. It seems to leave a more even coat when tumbled in a container and also has given me excellent prevention of leading at high velocities. The coating sparkles compared to the original Gold, looks great.

Boolit Buddy
    I want some

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by leadman View Post
    I have some of the Gold 1035 and have used it on many different boolits. It seems to leave a more even coat when tumbled in a container and also has given me excellent prevention of leading at high velocities. The coating sparkles compared to the original Gold, looks great.
    Leadman, if you like the Gold 1035, we now have even a more Glittery Yellow Gold colour both in Powder and in liquid which would really please you.
    When you look at coating, it looks like hundreds of little gold mirrors reflecting back.
    No material in US as yet, and is being tested here first.
    It should perform as well if not slightly better than 1035 Gold, and is in the hard polymer with
    2-Extreme already built in.

Boolit Grand Master

I wonder if I could exceed my top velocity of 3,619 fps with the new Gold ?? I would have to buy a new barrel for my Encore, probably in 220 Swift or 22-250 as I am pretty sure I have topped out the 223 Rem.

I also read a review some time back on the Winchester 22 LR ammo with bullets made of tin. The accuracy was not very good. I wonder if HT coating could solve this problem?

Boolit Master
    A quick question,
    I have some boolits that have 1 coat of 5-1-6 Hi-Tek Black that has been on them for about 6 weeks with out being baked (too much other stuff going on + cold weather) has anyone waited this long before baking?

Boolit Master

I'm really interested in the powder version. I haven't even used half of my liquid up yet. I'm waiting for some new syringes right now. I kinda wiped the markings off by accident, and I had a decent thing going by measuring what I apply to counted boolits instead of eyeballing things.

It's time to go eat, drink, and be merry today and not stay home alone making bullets anyway. Then I have a busy work week coming up, maybe I can get all these boolits coated after that.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 220 of 742 FirstFirst ... 120170210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230270320720 ... LastLast