Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bull Plate Lube....Test Report

Boolit Buddy
    My Bull Plate lube came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. This stuff will ruin your life. I put it on my H&G 68 four banger and my H&G 50 ten banger on different days. I "just wanted to see how it would work". Well, I stayed up until 5 a.m. casting boolits on either day. I couldn't stop. These moulds NEVER worked this well before. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Don't order any unless you are retired or willing to lose your job.

I got some Speed Green lube too. I suppose that some day I'll have to size and lube all those castings. I'll probably go broke buying powder and primers.

Paul

Boolit Master
    It is a joy to hear of such satisfaction in our product. Enjoy!
    BIC/BS

Boolit Master
    I tried it last night for the first time on my Lee 6 cavity 148g wc mold. I have never had a casting session go so quickly and trouble free.

I wonder if they give a Nobel prize for bullet casting research?

Boolit Buddy

Bull Plate Lube - The Best

I've had my Bull Plate lube for sometime, and used it the first time yesterday on my new 358156 Lyman 4 banger. This is great stuff! Glad I ordered two bottles. I used it per instructions, and loved the way the sprues came off and the bullets fell from the mold. I have now run two fills of my Lee 20 pound bottom pour and have never been happier!

How did Dan come up with this stuff? He is stuck up there in the boonies were everything is hard to come by, and came up with this magic elixer. It must have the filtered urine of a 3 year old cow moose in heat in it or something like that - or somene down here would have come up with it before he did.

If his Speed Green lube works just as well we all as his mold plate lube we should use nothing else.

I want to add my Amen to the use of Bull Plate. I used it for the first time yesterday when I did the test casting of 311291. I followed the instruction and had it on top of the blocks, alignment pins and the top and bottom of the spru cutter.

At no time did lead stick to anything. The sprues just fell off like water. The only problem was I found I could cast so fast, I was tearing some alloy out of the bullet bases rather than having a smooth cut. I had to slow down use a wet cloth to harden the spru so I could get a good clean cut on the base.

From now on, I will use this stuff on any surface (except the cavities) when lead tends to cling. This stuff makes casting much, much easier.

Boolit Master

No Instructions for Bull plate lube

Got my oft touted and mystical and almost magical BPL today with no instructions. I am ready to give it a try. Maybe Bullshop or someone give me the scoop.----dale

Dale, I just PMed you the instructions for the bull plate. I PMed so that you can print them out easyer.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

Boolit Grand Master

Come back Bullshop!!! There is money to be made by the handfuls!
    You still have loyal customers who would never use anything else if we could still get your product.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

I have to agree it would be nice.

But I think too many Bridges have been burned.

You might wish to check with NOE that makes molds here on the forum since they send out a bit of Bullplate lube to customers they send molds to.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Whatever happened regarding Bullshop?

Quote Originally Posted by 1874Sharps View Post
    Whatever happened regarding Bullshop?
    I have not a Clue. He took his Ball and went Home. That is about all I know. And we lost a Genuine Person with GREAT Products.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Grand Master

The Bullshop ( business not person) is scheduled for demise in July when we plan to move. There will be no forwarding address and there will be no re-up here at CB.
    We quit you win, you know who you are.
    This is the second to last post made by Bullshop.
    I read it the day it was posted and I was hoping that they would change their minds.
    I know its none of my business (except that now I cant do business with Bullshop) but I would love to know what the heck happened here!
    Bullshop dropped off the map for a little while and folks started experimenting with substitutes (never came up with a suitable replacement if you ask me). Is that what they were ticked off about?
    I mean, if somebody here had stolen the recipe why the heck aren't they selling it?
    Bullshop had the most "gotta have it" snake oil in the business and they just toss in the towel?
    They could be making a fortune now.
    Here's another post I dont get from Bullshop:
    Dan and I are packing and getting ready to head out --- we still have a couple orders that we need to ship off- at this time we are not taking more orders ---- after we get settled (Lord Willing) we will be advertising again on the auction sites (look for us ) we appreciate CastBoolits supporting us over the years ---- thank you for all the business and friendships!
    I don't find anything about bullshop on e-bay, or gunbroker.
    I just don't get it.

Boolit Master

They Decided to sell out and leave Alaska and move to the Lower 48 .
    Prices are skyrocketing here for food and fuel as well as durable goods and unemployment is on the rise here too. Alaska is a Young mans State as some of us Old geezers are now finding out . More and more people are selling out and Moving South now because of the economy and the Climate.
    I do NOT know personally of any particular reason why they left here.
    I missed their Big Moving sale due to the distance I would have to have driven from where I live.

Rich
    You Know You Might Be Facing your DOOM , if all you get is a click, Instead of a BOOM !

If God had wanted us to have Plastic gun stocks he would have planted plastic Trees !

Boolit Grand Master

I just keep thinking about the soup chef in the Sinefield show.

No lube for you!

I had seen hints regarding this, but this is the first time I got confirmation than there was something going on behind the scenes. The last thing I saw was the last quote regarding that he might be restarting the business:
    Dan and I are packing and getting ready to head out --- we still have a couple orders that we need to ship off- at this time we are not taking more orders ---- after we get settled (Lord Willing) we will be advertising again on the auction sites (look for us ) we appreciate CastBoolits supporting us over the years ---- thank you for all the business and friendships!
    It didn't seem like there was any acrimonious feelings going on.

I am truly sad that Bullshop left with bitterness. That's worse than just shutting down for personal reasons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123