RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to help a young man!

woops. double post
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

What's left that he needs?

I've probably got some spare 9mm or 45 ACP dies laying around. I'm in the business, so we've got plenty of stuff. Now, what he gets for dies sure isn't going to be nothing special, so, I'd rather give them to a new reloader that's got a tight budget than sell them.

Let me know here what you need, plus shoot me a PM.

Currently laid up with a cast, so I probably won't be able to fish them out for a couple weeks, but I'll try to get my help on it, if I know what you need.

All I'll ask in return is a few pics of the results (targets). Digital pics are perfect, and cost nothing to post. I already know both of you appreciate any help you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    What's left that he needs?

I've probably got some spare 9mm or 45 ACP dies laying around. I'm in the business, so we've got plenty of stuff. Now, what he gets for dies sure isn't going to be nothing special, so, I'd rather give them to a new reloader that's got a tight budget than sell them.

Let me know here what you need, plus shoot me a PM.

Currently laid up with a cast, so I probably won't be able to fish them out for a couple weeks, but I'll try to get my help on it, if I know what you need.

All I'll ask in return is a few pics of the results (targets). Digital pics are perfect, and cost nothing to post. I already know both of you appreciate any help you get.
    Sent PM, Pic's are not a problem. My neighbor gave him a old heavy wood desk with the postal like top piece, so now his loading stuff will all be mounted to that instead of in front of his computer. Going to work out good.
    Thanks
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

I will be sending out 9mm dies, 45 boolits and cases tomorrow.

J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post

J
    Thanks J
    I will let you know when it arrives, I will post a list and update it as things arrive. Will post a pic with the setup when finished.
    A big thanks to all.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

So now that he has a big, heavy postal desk, he has a better setup than a lot of guys, especially ME! ha ha!!!

I'm sure anxious to see how this all works out for this young man. ALWAYS nice to see someone who wants to mentor/tutor somebody new to our pursuit, eh?
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Thanks gspgundog
    The package made it.
    He now has,
    Lyman turbo 600 small bowl tumbler
    Small powder measure
    100 45 acp fmj
    Did not count but guessing 200+ mixed 45 acp brass

Thanks Dryball
    Your package made it today 6/14/13
    Lee auto prime with shell holders #1, #3, #4, #11
    Lyman 1000 grain digital scale

Thanks Jay

Your box is here 6/17/13

J

Thanks PS Paul 6/20/13
    Hey, 300. PM your address and I can send some cast .45's (225 gr. Lyman 452374- a classic style) and some cast 9mm (124 gr. Lee TC in a tumble-lube,
    Your boolits made it today.

Thanks DRNurse 6/29/13
    45ACP well used dies (carbide though) available if you still need them. No case holder, Dies only. PM if you need them.
    The dies made it today.
    I got the dies today, taper crimp, seater, the carbide ring is gone on the sizing die, will use it for a decapper die. I will be on the search for a sizing die an a expander.
    Thank again, he is almost there.

Thanks RKJ
    Your package made it today 7/8/13
    120+ pcs. of 45 acp brass.

Thanks Walt
    Walt has met the young man out at the range we visit, and has given him 400+ pcs 45acp brass,some cast boolits and good words of knowledge.
    The boolits have been sent down range.

I will update this post as things arrive and when the setup is complete, I will get a picture for all to see.
    Thanks to all your help, it is most appreciated.
    Last edited by 300winmag; 09-11-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master

45ACP well used dies (carbide though) available if you still need them. No case holder, Dies only. PM if you need them.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Up dated post#27
    Thanks to everyone.
    300winmag

Boolit Master

I'll be sending regular shell holders, a partial bullet puller and a Lyman 45 Lubrisizer less top punch and die. Also filling out some of the odd stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle View Post
    I'll be sending regular shell holders, a partial bullet puller and a Lyman 45 Lubrisizer less top punch and die. Also filling out some of the odd stuff.
    wow!! A lubrisizer too! Man, the best bunch of guys ever. I gotta say, I've had a REALLY difficult past few weeks with a bunch of HR baloney at work and being part of this and seeing it unfold really makes me feel good!!

We worked setting things up this morning it is coming together, thanks to all of you that has helped out. The top piece of the desk will not fit, to tall.
    Put up a new light over the bench.

Attachment 74145Attachment 74146Attachment 74147Attachment 74170
    Last edited by 300winmag; 06-21-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    300winmag

BTT Updated post #27
    300winmag

What a COOL setup! Happy we were able to get this young man started.

I wonder if you could just cut down the back shelves? they would work well for organization and storage, I'm sure.....

Boolit Master

Hey, I can throw a sizer die and expander in the box I'm working on.

Might not be carbide, but we'll see.

I can send 100 each .45 acp and 9mm. They're mixed pickups and Military, but I haven't had any major problems with the Military brass, if it doesn't seat easily I use my pocket swager. If he doesn't have one, I've used a pocketknife with good results. Let me know.

Boolit Master

I'll throw something in the box I'm putting up that he can ream primer pockets with. Probably an older chamfering tool. Still good, but I have several already.

Boolit Master

Got a Belding & Mull powder measure in today from an eBay bid. Got another one inbound.

So, I'm going to throw a modified RCBS Uniflow measure in the box too. It's a benchrest oriented conversion, I've got no clue who did that one, I just now it isn't like my original one, nor like my Masker conversion one.

300 I haven't gotten to the PO, but after my encounter with Bambi, I'm still moving slow. (but still moving) They're wrapped up and ready and if they geyt loose in shipping someone was trying to tear it up. Don't give up on me I'll get them out to you as soon as I can. Joe

300WM, They're on the way. They went out Thursday/Friday. With the meds the Docs have me on since my deer encounter it's hard to tell which day it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast