Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to help a young man!

Trying to help a young man!

I have been mentoring this young man for a year or so, helping him out with what I can. Funds are short and reloading stuff is hard to find. He has been in my shop on a regular bases lately. I have given him powder, primers, brass, books and what 9mm tips I had. No luck finding a powder measure or a scale. I found this little press at a garage sale Monday for $25,no way to prime the brass though. He took it home last night and sent me this pic, so it won't be long he will be loading his 9mm and 45acp in his own castle. But for now he will clean his brass here take it home, resize deprime, bell and clean the pockets. Then bring it back for primers, powder and bullets. It will all good when the other tools become available. He is good company so I don't mind. Attachment 72828
    Last edited by 300winmag; 06-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Buddy
    300...I have a Lee hand primer sitting around doing nothing. That is how I (and am sure many of us) got started...an ole salt helping us along. Time for us to carry on the tradition...pay it forward. PM me your address if interested

Thanks Dryball,
    It is nice to see the younger people learning, and people willing to show and teach them so they can carry on the tradition.
    When I die I cannot take it with me so someone needs to carry on.
    Sent you a pm
    Thanks Again
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Anything else we can help with? I have extra 9mm cases mebbe some .45acp too. Depending on where in OH I might be able to help with some powder or primers too. Is he interested in cast?
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    Anything else we can help with? I have extra 9mm cases mebbe some .45acp too. Depending on where in OH I might be able to help with some powder or primers too. Is he interested in cast?
    Jay
    Thanks Jay:
    He needs a powder measure,tumbler, scale, bullet puller hammer, 9mm and 45acp dies,basic tools. He is currently using mine as we can't find any.
    I have a extra set of powder meters for the Hornady powder measure, but no extra powder measure.
    Good on 9mm brass, I only had 100 extra 45 acp brass LPP. No more bullets to be found. Time's are bad for all of us reloaders.
    Last edited by 300winmag; 06-07-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spell
    300winmag

Boolit Master
    I'm getting ready to go over all of the doubles of things I have. I have a RCBS hammer bullet puller. Have A Redding scale. Not sure how many 45 Brass I can spare but some. Bullet not sure. Lee mold for 45. Question is location? Where in OH, PM me and if you are close, I'm 25 miles northwest of the Burgh. Price is fair.
    Last edited by Teddy (punchie); 06-06-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: adding to post

I have him covered for a scale I believe. Definitely have lots of .45 boolits I will give him. So many here on Cast Boolits have been good
    to me over the years that I love giving some back!
    J

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Hey, 300. PM your address and I can send some cast .45's (225 gr. Lyman 452374- a classic style) and some cast 9mm (124 gr. Lee TC in a tumble-lube, but I run 'em through a Lyman 450 and that actually seems to work pretty well). I'll size 'em and lube 'em, BUT I kinda need to know either what gun in 9mm OR if sizing to .358, which is what I normally do successfully, OR .357. The .358 usually works since it has shot REALLY well in over 8 guns we've shot 'em in the past few years.

I cast up some stuff last night, but Sunday I plan to do several hundred of each of those boolits and I would be thrilled to help out this young man with some.

Paul
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Banned
    I have about 100 45 ACP brass that you are more than welcome to. I know its not much but its all I have to offer. Members have been very good to me here so I would be glad to help out!

If you can use the brass hit me with a PM.

I have a brand new Lee Scale. If its needed PM me and I will get it sent on over.

Thank to all of you for your kindness and generosity, he will be most grateful.
    PM's sent to all that have posted.
    Thanks again
    300winmag

Boolit Buddy

Ruther Glen,Va. Recently escaped from Peoples Democratic of Illinois
    PM me your address I have a powder measure that is collecting dust and I am sure I can find some brass and .45 FMJ bullets to get him going. I have an old Lyman tumbler that is small and was not designed for a hard cover, it had a plastic shower cap type of cover which has long since died but a reg shower cap and rubber band works well. And I may have a set of .45 cal dies but I need to double check if I can find them they were my mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by gspgundog View Post
    PM me your address I have a powder measure that is collecting dust and I am sure I can find some brass and .45 FMJ bullets to get him going. I have an old Lyman tumbler that is small and was not designed for a hard cover, it had a plastic shower cap type of cover which has long since died but a reg shower cap and rubber band works well. And I may have a set of .45 cal dies but I need to double check if I can find them they were my mentors.
    Thank you
    PM sent
    300winmag

I got 9mm dies and some .45 200 gr boolits so far. I cannot lay my hands on the Lee scale so mebbe you better take OutHuntn up on his. I will keep digging.
    Jay

Thomas Paine

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    Thanks Dryball,
    It is nice to see the younger people learning, and people willing to show and teach them so they can carry on the tradition.
    When I die I cannot take it with me so someone needs to carry on.
    Sent you a pm
    Thanks Again
    Knowledge you die with is knowledge wasted. Thanks for helping this young man. If he ever asks about repayment, tell him to pass it on in 20-30 years to another youngster.

Thanks to all that are helping out, he and myself is most grateful.
    I will make a list and post the things received as they come in.
    Thanks again
    300winmag

Boolit Buddy
    A local shop had a ton of hornady ele powder measures, I was going to try and get down there this week to pick up a couple for Father's Day gifts, I'm not sure of the price but he is was anti price gouging so it will be a normal price. Anyways if you want me to grab you one and shop it out let me know you can send me a check and just pay flat rate shipping.
    Hope for change.

Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    A local shop had a ton of hornady ele powder measures, I was going to try and get down there this week to pick up a couple for Father's Day gifts, I'm not sure of the price but he is was anti price gouging so it will be a normal price. Anyways if you want me to grab you one and shop it out let me know you can send me a check and just pay flat rate shipping.
    Thanks for the offer, qspgundog is sending a powder measure.
    Thanks again.
    300winmag

Trying to help a young man!

Its nice to see young folks learning to reload and everybody helping, I look forward to your progress list's.

OK. I cast up a bunch of 9 and 45 yesterday and am sizin' some up today. I reflected on those who have helped others on this forum while casting those and realized the folks on this forum are about the besy anywhere! What a response to the request to help!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast