Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Cylinder PCD for S&W K frame

Boolit Mold

Cylinder PCD for S&W K frame

I am making up some speed loader trays.
    I am looking for the Pitch Circle Diameter for a 6 shot S&W K-frame cylinder.
    I could measure the cylinder but I am not sure if i would get it accurate enough. I think that someone might have this info handy.

Thanks

Spaceball.

Boolit Grand Master

If they are hks drill a center hole for the pin to set in then Transfer punch the first hole and drill. A snug pin and the center pin both you can transfer punch the rest of the holes and drill. Other wise a set of divides on center of bolt hole circle and a set set to make six evenly spaced hole around the Bolt hole center. Machinist hand book as the constants to figure X Y dimensions for the mill. Constant for 6 holes X radious. I would go with the dividers as above. Makes it a simple easy drill press job.
    I made my trays deep with a forster bit that was slightly bigger than the body of the speed loader. Put a 3/8" botom board on it with 4 dowels and a top 3/8" board at height of top of speed loader loaded. Layed out the hole pattern drilled 1 big hole for the body to rest in only the Knob sticks up. I did it this way so at the range blowing crud dirt dosnt accumulate in the holes. It is much easier than lineing up the cartridges in holes to load the trays also. If you wnt a bottom alighnment a dowel of appropriate size could be inset for the cartridges to set around. A heavy chamfer on the top would be a great benifit.

Using the inside jaws of a set of calipers measure the chamber to opposite chamber outside dimension. Then use the outside measurement jaws to measure the inner to inner chamber walls. Split the difference and it'll be accurate to within a thou or two. And we don't need it more accurate than that.

And if you want to take a "poll" do the same thing with all three opposite chamber combos and average the readings.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....