RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Hub

Boolit Master
    Nice looking lower!I cant wait to receive my 10/22 paperweight.

So were you like me when I opened the prototype, like a kid on Christmas morning? We will have to start a new thread for pictures of our builds. My order will be a bit out, I have both ar and 10/22 ano and non ano in mine. Any questions feel free to pm me.

We put up with the teasing for four pages. You can't take this to PMs now. ;-(
    Some of us (me for one) are hanging on for the details. Rocket Hub and Kick Starter are radical concepts. I want to know how this all works out. All the way out.

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    We put up with the teasing for four pages. You can't take this to PMs now. ;-(
    Some of us (me for one) are hanging on for the details. Rocket Hub and Kick Starter are radical concepts. I want to know how this all works out. All the way out.

Please.
    Just meant to pm me if he had any questions on the milling process, since I've recently done this myself. I'm really excited to get the 10/22 receiver going as soon as I get my hands on it.

Phew!
    Thanks.

It sure was nice to see such a quality lower show up. Now more waiting for a jig from another rockethub project. I'll PM if I run into any issues and will post some pictures when I finish the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by boltons75 View Post
    So were you like me when I opened the prototype, like a kid on Christmas morning? We will have to start a new thread for pictures of our builds. My order will be a bit out, I have both ar and 10/22 ano and non ano in mine. Any questions feel free to pm me.

And here are his 10/22 receivers, they will be shipping on Friday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375913735331.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	78563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375913746713.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	78564

Anyone else fund pebble peak, this group update came out today. http://mad.ly/a2c3f3?pact=505313994530853043&fe=1

What is everyone's opinion about this cnc he is planning on using on these receivers?

Boolit Master
    It does not look good. I got the Email today and flipped out when I saw that machine. That is a low grade hobby machine not a production model.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    It does not look good. I got the Email today and flipped out when I saw that machine. That is a low grade hobby machine not a production model.
    That and now his jigs will be cast, but maybe this mill is for a small step like the take down pin holes. He did state on the original rocket hub page that he has one cnc and was going to use the funds for another. This is defiantly not what I was picturing.

Rockethub must be taking some heat on this project. I was surprised to see that little machine but don't really care how the lowers and jigs get done as long as they work/fit.
    Arturo is way over committed.

Quote Originally Posted by FWest View Post
    Rockethub must be taking some heat on this project. I was surprised to see that little machine but don't really care how the lowers and jigs get done as long as they work/fit.
    Arturo is way over committed.
    I agree, hopefully that little bench top is just for small operations like the take down pin holes? Not in a hurry, but I am hoping it comes through.

Boolit Master
    Well, it is a gamble that I thought would go through, but my confidence is shaken with the update. Fortunately, I am only in for one AR-10 lower which I got in on the 30$ deal. But now I have to throttle back my enthusiasm and should stop window shopping for parts for the 6.5 Creedmore I wanted to build. Anywho, I am happy I will see a 10/22 receiver soon! I have all the bits and jigs from my razor build so this should be about a 2 hour project if that for the completed gun. This one will be a pistol too. These 10/22 pistols are a blast! Way more fun than my 22/45 I had.

Did you get that AR15 up and running yet? I am going to get one of those cnc vinyl cutters to do the serial numbers, and custom logo via the vaderspade method now that I am collecting my home builds.

I have everything but the barrel and hand guard. Trying to find just the perfect one, but none in stock anywhere, except for the gougers.

You've done a razor build, how did you do the barrel hole. Drill press or a mill?

I may have to get ahold of you if you do get a cnc vinyl cutter, I have some designs, and serial numbers that I want to salt water etch onto the receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Well, it is a gamble that I thought would go through, but my confidence is shaken with the update. Fortunately, I am only in for one AR-10 lower which I got in on the 30$ deal. But now I have to throttle back my enthusiasm and should stop window shopping for parts for the 6.5 Creedmore I wanted to build. Anywho, I am happy I will see a 10/22 receiver soon! I have all the bits and jigs from my razor build so this should be about a 2 hour project if that for the completed gun. This one will be a pistol too. These 10/22 pistols are a blast! Way more fun than my 22/45 I had.

Did you get that AR15 up and running yet? I am going to get one of those cnc vinyl cutters to do the serial numbers, and custom logo via the vaderspade method now that I am collecting my home builds.
    If you go look at the PP funding site, he posted an update stating his other "mills" are in storage. Funny thing is, when the campaign started he claimed to have an existing machine shop, with a cnc mill.

Boolit Master
    I did the barrel hole with a drill press, and a bit very carefully. It came out perfect, but that was the most stress I have ever had with drilling one hole. I will do this one on the press again, but I will turn the chuck by hand after everything is clamped down solid. Last time I measured carefully, clamped tightly, and drilled with progressively larger bits.
    The cnc cutter I have looked at, and decided on is the silhouette cameo. It should full the bill ok for what we are doing, and I can get the wife something for Christmas for her scrapbooking. Killing two birds with one stone so to speak. From what I understand the machine goes down to a 18 point font on its own, but may be able to go down further. I compared that to the marking on one of my SAA lowers made by Aero Precision which is a 11 point font. So, a little bigger than engraving, but it appears that that was the size vaderspade used, and it didn't look bad. But, it wont be till after the first of the year before I can play with it. I could get one now, but I have a hard time hiding things from the snoopy kids. When I do have it up and running I wont mind cutting some vinyl for you. There might be a learning curve to getting designs cut.
    Art better get it together. His story is changing from when he started his campaign. I funded him based on his experience, and what he said he had on hand. Now it sound like that was not the case, and some 2000$ hobby machine for wood is posted gives me no confidence in his business plan...if he has one outside of taking the money. He got over 160K from funders, and we have a picture of a 2000$ machine? Its looking more and more like grand larceny to me.
    Last edited by xacex; 08-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    There now going to run the billet 308 lowers ( Precision Arms Manufacturing ) like to build one of the ar10 also anyone care to share a jig? its $60 bux for the jig alone and the 556 jigs are small for the ar10 lower
    give a think maybe we can work out a build deal for us all,,

we are waiting for our ar15 lowers so hopin we are comin up for one soon,,

Patrick
    Trust in God and Keep your Powder Dry ~ Oliver Cromwell

It's Said Republicans want to Pour all your Money down the Drain,,
    Where as the Democrats want a Bigger Drain,

Please Give me 24 to 48 Hours to respond to PM, Thank You

My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter!

He also added today, 1911 frames to his campaign.

Here are his 10/22 receivers......drool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1376284240831.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	78973

Boolit Master
    Price on Precision receivers is going up tonight. Get em while they are cheap!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast