RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for my nephew

Dale reminded me to give an update on Don! This week he drove himself to Abilene!!! It is 45 miles away and his doctor released him to drive. He loaded himself into the truck. Took the wheels off of his chair and put it in the back seat. Then he drove to Abilene to West Texas Rehab. Unloaded the chair and rolled himself inside for three hours of weight training and walking with the aide of his leg braces and a walker! He then loaded back up, drove to a restaurant to have lunch with his cousin. After lunch he drove home and did it again on Thursday!
    He said they worked him pretty hard but, he still was able to do all that he needed to do! Their new home will be ready in a few weeks and he is going to walk in the door! GOD IS GREAT!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning and I agree.. Praise our God !
    Thanks for that update. This is encouraging.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	don's house.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	98754

Don and Jebby will be moving into their new home next week! This is the home given to them by Jebby's Mom, an Angel on earth! He said months ago he would be walking in the door the first day and he is ready! Will be with his leg braces and a walker but he will be walking!More answered prayers!

Boolit Master
    Just saw this. Prayers sent for Don's continued recovery, the whole family, and CountryGent's wife. Ed & Teresa <><

Boolit Master
    Prayers for his continued recovery. I understand the ups and downs everyone in the family can go through during a long recovery after helping my wife(T5 para).

Boolit Grand Master

Just happened across this thread and read through it. The power of prayer at work. I pray for his continued recovery. It seems he has the right, can do, attitude.

Boolit Buddy

I pray that he continues to recover and get some normalicy back to his life.

Boolit Bub

Prayers and Best Wishes go out to him and his family.
    God Bless him and give him strength to carry on...

BloodGroove4570

In Remembrance

He will be taking his kids to the Houston stock show with their animals before moving in. Can't slow this guy down!

CONTINUOUSLY AMAZED! Don just left going to Houston to take his Daughter to the Houston Stock Show to show her calf. Great part is that HE IS DRIVING! 395 miles and should take around 7 hours. His Wife and Mother in law are following him, his Daughter "Cashley" and his Son "Callan"! They had borrowed a wheel chair lift to go on the Suburban and when they were going to leave this morning, it would not lift his wheel chair. The lift on his truck is bolted to the truck so it could not be moved to the Suburban. With his determination, he said, I will just take my truck and Y'all can follow me! The man does not know the meaning of " YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" His friend that he was going to help the day of his accident, took the calf with theirs yesterday. Look out Houston, Don is heading your way!!!

Boolit Master

Prayers added and Thanks given to all those here helping and praying for these folks.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

He made it to Houston at 8:15. Got caught in the famous Houston traffic jams. He got a little nervous but, made it ok! He said, Dad, my legs didn't even get tired! Boy is a nut! Lol!

Moderator Emeritus

May God hold your nephew in the palm of his hands and heal him in body and spirit....Amen

Have to brag a little about Don's 10 year old daughter. Her calf didn't win at the Houston Stock show BUT, She won two awards anyway. She won the 4H Hoof award for her continuous work with her calf ever after her Dad's accident. She also won an award for perseverance in helping her Dad in everything he needs in his daily life. She has become his legs whenever he needs anything done and, has done so without complaining. Also was given $1000 for each award! Makes me ONE PROUD Grandpa!!!
    There were 4 awards issued in the State for one award and 7 for the other!
    Last edited by shadetree25; 03-24-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add more information

Don is going to a Sporting Clays Tournament in Abilene Texas today. It is a benefit for the West Texas Rehab Center. He will be shooting a Browning 20 guage over/under. He is very nervous because he hasn't shot a shotgun in two years and is afraid he can't last to shoot 100 rounds. He will be shooting from his wheelchair for the first time. I have no doubt that he will make it! More ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    I sit here Blessed and Blessed again reading the workings . Thanks Father ! May Don never give up.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Name:	Don going shooting.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	101463 Don heading out to shoot Sporting Clays. He shot here two years ago, before accident and loved it. He will love it today too!!

Boolit Mold
    You are in our prayers here in West Virginia. Tonight is the last night of a very successful REVIVAL at our Church. I will bring this young man up for prayer tonight also.

Remember: THE PRAYER'S OF A RIGHTEOUS MAN AVAILETH MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by shadetree25 View Post

Name:	Don going shooting.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	101463 Don heading out to shoot Sporting Clays. He shot here two years ago, before accident and loved it. He will love it today too!!
    He shot 58 out of 100 two years ago. Before his accident. He shot 55 this time!!! He corrected me on the gun he used. It was a Beretta 20 ga. O/U!

Boolit Master
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast