Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for my nephew

Boolit Master
    Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery for this man. Prayers also for the family in this trying time!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent. They can do wonders nowdays nothing is impossible.

In Remembrance

Another update on nephew, Don. He had problems with brain swelling and they had to relieve pressure. He has since improved to the point they did surgery to fuse the broken vertebrae in his neck and it went well. He had movement in his hands and was trying to pull the catheter out so they had to restrain his hands when he is allowed to come out of sedation, which tells me he has feeling there. They plan to remove the breathing machine after the weekend. God has done many miracles already for him in this, from having the perfect persons immediately on scene and on duty, to his far surpassing all doctor's expectations. The spinal cord is not severed, but has suffered trauma. We are a family accustomed to God's miracles and believe for a full recovery. Thanks for your continued prayers. Dale

Boolit Buddy
    I will keep praying for him Dale.

I know first hand how God answers prayers. Three weeks ago my son took a bad hit from behind playing LAX. He could not feel his legs all or hands and was rushed to the ER strapped to a back board. We sent out a prayer request on are way to the hospital. While he was waiting for X-ray's to be taken he told us that his back felt like it was super warm. The next thing you know he told us was he had tingling in his hands and feet. A few minutes later he had all feeling back. The doctors could not explain what had happened. We told them we fully understood what had just happened. They did not see anything wrong on the X-rays. He walked away with just a vary sore neck and a concussion.

God bless your Nephew and your whole family.
    Mark

In Remembrance

I have forgotten to mention that Don is the son of fellow member Shadetree, my brother.

Praying for your nephew and family.

Mark

Boolit Man
    Prayers sent for everyone involved.

Prayers sent.

Boolit Grand Master

Done deal, my friend. Will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just a few hours away, PM if I can help.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Follow up prayers from NW Ohio. Is there anything else we can do for them?

I too am accustomed to miracles! I was in a bad crash when I was young. My left arm was paralyzed and multiple Drs told me it would never heal. They claimed that the nerves were destroyed from the spine. It shriveled up and kinda hung there for a couple years. One day it felt like lightning struck it and oh man did it hurt. It started to work a little.I knew God could fix it. It took 10 years for it to become a real arm again. Was weak and had multiple numb spots but was an arm. Another 10 years and it was 85%. Almost 30 years now and it is 98%. I dont understand the complete process but know that God knows what He is doing! I do know that I was prideful, arrogant, narcissistic etc before I was busted up bad. I am a pretty humble guy now!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Perma-Banned

Prayers sent

Boolit Buddy

Prayers for Don and family from Illinois.

More prayers for strength and speedy recovery for Don and family. And DLCTEX and Shadetree too!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

In Remembrance

Don was taken off the CPAP machine and did fine, he will sleep with it. They sat him up on the bed and he is responding well. He still isn't able to talk yet due to the brain injury, but recognizes people and responds. Progress is being made, thank you Lord!

In Remembrance

Today he is breathing on his own unaided and is taking therapy. Shook hands with his son and tried to talk to his wife. Improved enough to be moved to a room in therapy.

Hallelujah!!! Lot's of progress in a short time!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Thank God he is making such good progress. My prayers are with you and with your nephew, brother and other family members who need them.

May God be with you.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning and Praise to our God !
    This is wonderful news ! I am blessed and will continue to pray daily for complete recovery.
    May numerous individuals realise the Hand of God working and come to repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

In Remembrance

Don is progressing so well he will be moved to therapy hospital and they will begin aggressive therapy. He can whisper a little and had reflex response in both feet. The doctor's had given him only a 2% chance of walking again, but our God has overcome greater odds than that, and now the response in his feet is the best news yet. I suspected that he had feeling in his lower extremities as he had to be restrained from pulling out his catheter, so I knew he felt it. Prayer works! Keep it up.

Boolit Buddy

Happy to hear of the progress. Thank the Lord.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast