WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hand tools, maybe not all casting?

Super Moderator

Hand tools, maybe not all casting?

A pound swage set I made when I got my mill-lathe combo back about 1998. The 2 Minie' bullets on the outside are the before, and the 2 inside ones are the result. Setup also works in a hydraulic bench press.

De- and re-capping tools for 32 ga shotshells converted to 209 primers from Berdans.

Berdan primer pocket swage tools for conversion to LP primers.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master

Great ideas! There's not much a man can't do with a mill a
    lathe and some imagination. Looks to me like you're having
    a lot of fun.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Statesville, North Carolina...too close to Charlotte
    Well, thank the Lord there are still some folks out there who know how to do-it-yourself. Met a young employee of a Wendy's on Friday. She asked me for the time, I showed her my watch, and she said she didn't know how to read the kind of watch [analog style]. Not much hope of her becoming president of any major corporation. But, I seem to have gotten off the point. It looks like that Berdan primer reamer set-up is made for a handgun/pistol case. Do you reckon it could be made to work in bottleneck rifle brass. I'm working on a cast boolit load for 7.62X54R and reloadable brass is as rare as a 4-point unicorn. Any info would be helpful, or blast off a PM. Thanks a bunch
    "Ignorance is the parent of fear."-Herman Melville

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lead melter View Post
    Well, thank the Lord there are still some folks out there who know how to do-it-yourself. Met a young employee of a Wendy's on Friday. She asked me for the time, I showed her my watch, and she said she didn't know how to read the kind of watch [analog style]. Not much hope of her becoming president of any major corporation. But, I seem to have gotten off the point. It looks like that Berdan primer reamer set-up is made for a handgun/pistol case. Do you reckon it could be made to work in bottleneck rifle brass. I'm working on a cast boolit load for 7.62X54R and reloadable brass is as rare as a 4-point unicorn. Any info would be helpful, or blast off a PM. Thanks a bunch
    ...........Sure it could be made for a BN case. However, Graf & Son has it in stock:

GRAF BRASS 7.62x54R UNPRIMED PER 100
    Item Number: GRU762X54R · Availability: In stock
    Quantity: 100 $33.99

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Statesville, North Carolina...too close to Charlotte
    Thanks boss, I'll cut them a check ASAP!
    "Ignorance is the parent of fear."-Herman Melville