Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet

Wink Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet

1.Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet Mold Release Agent and Lube 6 oz Aerosol

The modern way to "smoke" your bullet molds. Applied to the cavities of a cold, clean bullet mold, Frankford Arsenal Drop Out literally allows the just-cast bullets to "drop-out" with no tapping or pounding. Have any of you fella bullet casters used this FA Drop Out Bullet Release Agent . I am thinking of giving this a whril & here is another Product i have been looking at on FS Reloading Site
    2.Frankford Arsenal CleanCast Lead Fluxing Compound 1 lb
    Perform lead fluxing the easy way. Use Frankford Arsenal CleanCast lead fluxing instead of rosin, paraffin, tallow, bullet lube, or other homemade concoctions. A small amount is all you need to prepare up to a 20 pound lead pot for your bullet production. CleanCast separates dross from valuable bullet alloys. And it improves the consistency of melted lead thus reducing variables during your casting session which results in more uniform bullets .Let me know what you fellas think
    Tim

Boolit Master

No#1 works best on hollow point pins.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master
    Spraying it in the bullet cavities reduces the diameter of the bullet wherever it sticks due to filling up the space in the mould.

FWIW.

Yes, I've used it and still use it, but only in specific instances, and where reducing bullet diameter causes no harm. In other words, not very often. It's not needed that much and if bullets are sticking in the mould some other way of solving the problem is usually better and has fewer downsides.

Tapper

1.Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet Mold Release Agent and Lube 6 oz Aerosol.

I have and do use it. After you spray it on burnish it. (I use a Bar B Q Skewer) rub the spray with the skewer with one end rounded off.
    Works for me size of the cast is very minute as you are also spraying outside the cavity so in a way it is also Lamenting the mould.
    If you use a Lube Sizer any out of round Boolits are now round. If you pan lube the ultimate sizer (the barrel) has the last word.

If you look in depth on the formum you will see that temp of aloy and the mould are important. But there is nothing like a well made and laped mould.
    Don
    I use "Drop Out" because I just havn't done the latter.
    Last edited by OLPDon; 05-24-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

keep im mind I am new to this casting business and still have much to learn but here is my take so far YMMV...
    tryed drop out in the mold works but smaller sized bullets and had more rejects ..
    cleaned mold very well ..twice with comet , dawn and a toothbrush.. smoked with bic lighter... got better bullets and much less rejects ..
    Tryed this on at least 5 molds all gave me the same results ...
    Now I use the Drop out on the spew plate top and bottom and get the spew cuttings to fall much easier
    for fluxing ... cedar dog bedding chips crumbled in my hand .. or DRY sawdust works extremely well and is dirt (wood) cheap ...

In Remembrance

For a long time target shooters would give a quick spray of the exposed bullet tips on their loaded ammo before a match. This was the first manner of moly coating bullets. I quit using the drop out on my molds afew years back when I noticed the diminished dia. when using the spray in my molds.

The metal alloy flux is I believe on the same chemical level as Brownells Marvaflux. This stuff can cause rust to start on your pot by the chemical composition activated by heat. I don`t believe it does as good a job fluxing dirt out as other more common fluxes. Use sawdust or wax or just about anything other than this stuff.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trapper300RUM View Post
    1.Frankford Arsenal Drop Out Bullet Mold Release Agent and Lube 6 oz Aerosol
    When I first started casting I bought one can...tried it...I didn't like the fact it reduced the boolit size at all. I learned a lot about casting in a short time and found the problems I was having were not remedied with the Drop-Out. It (the can) stayed in my cabinet for several years. Last year I ran across it and sprayed my cast ingot molds thoroughly. I finally found a good use for it!

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.