RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midway and shipping extortion!

Angry Midway and shipping extortion!

Needless to say I don't think I will be doing much more business with them. Twice now I have received notifications on Items that I ordered back in February. Once I logged in to get it shipped 2 days after my E-mail only to see that it was gone from my list. I called and they said that it was an error and that it was never in. So I asked how it works. I told the guy that I don't want to pay the high shipping costs every time a 5.00 part comes in and that I would like to wait for several items to come in and pay one shipping charge. He said that it would be OK to do that and that he was sorry for the bad info. So I got two more notifications about 5 days ago and checked to see if they were in fact in my list and they were. Now, today they are gone. So to those of you that are thinking about ordering things through their site I would just buy it at inflated prices on Ebay. You will get your stuff at about the same price. So far I have nearly paid in shipping what my entire order was initially going to cost me. You are forced to buy the item with a steep shipping cost or loose your order. Personally I think it's the stinky stuff coming out of a cows rear.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Buddy
    I've only had good service from Midway; nothing like what your've gone through.

WP
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

Boolit Master
    Generally happy with Midway but I been burned twice by backorders.

I've had the same issues with back orders and shipping but their slow boat shipping is about the cheapest around. I ordered a model b tumbler a few years back and it was on a few bucks to send it, every one else wanted 60.00 as it was "oversize". The problem is I think they are one of a few games in town.... But... If you build it, they will come...

Boolit Buddy
    i do not do back orders for that reason
    terry

Boolit Master

I've never had a problem with Midway, but I've never had a backorder either. I figure if it's not in stock I'll order it the next go around, and put it on my wishlist to be notified.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoff_ak View Post
    I've had the same issues with back orders and shipping but their slow boat shipping is about the cheapest around. I ordered a model b tumbler a few years back and it was on a few bucks to send it, every one else wanted 60.00 as it was "oversize". The problem is I think they are one of a few games in town.... But... If you build it, they will come...
    Think their shipping is slow, try Natchez and pay either high UPS charges or the cheaper DHL mail prices. DHL mail is cheap, and real slow. What takes 2 days thru normal mail from there to get here, takes over a week with DHL.

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

Try Midsouth I changed to them for shipping reason years ago.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

You guys might want to take a look at Graf's. I got a new Lubamatic II from them a while back. They had the best prices, the best shipping and shipped faster than anyone I have bought from before.
    " A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton

The dead don't know they are dead. It only affects those around them.
    It's the same with stupid.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TJF1 View Post
    i do not do back orders for that reason
    terry
    An elegant solution that I have employed as well.

Boolit Master

I too got burned out on Midway and their ridiculous shipping policy and with so many items out of stock/back-ordered it was impossible to order everything I needed at once (this was well BEFORE the panic). While they would definitely make the customer aware of the back-ordered items they would conveniently neglect to mention the full shipping charges on each item as it became available and if several items were back-ordered the costs to ship got to be ridiculous. Of course the solution was to never order anything that was not in stock and wait until it is before ordering BUT, I ran into problems trying to do that when some of the items that were in stock were not when the ones I was waiting on finally were. Midway is not the only game in town and I have not missed them one bit nor have I had the shipping/back-order problems with Brownells, MidSouth, etc.

Also I had another little beef with them that finally did me in, I did a product review on some stock inletting black, I followed the rules and was polite but I pointed out that the tiny bottle was less than half full and contained less than 1/2 of the ounce it claimed -which was a very stingy amount in the first place but I never mentioned that. I was not the only one and a couple of others made it plain they were unhappy with the VERY tiny amount of product received however these reviews, including mine were posted. About two weeks later while looking for another product I noticed that the review count on the product I had bought was smaller than before so I checked and sure enough ALL the negative reviews had been deleted and nothing was left but glowing reviews from satisfied customers! For someone who checked the reviews it looks as if everyone loves this product but that's total BS and smilin Larry's crew have doctored the reviews to eliminate anything negative. If they do that with something that costs less than 15 bucks how can ANY review there be trusted?

Boolit Master
    Sadly, as Midway has grown certain things have changed. Bigger is not always better! I find myself ordering more often from other vendors mainly due to the fact that I do not always have $50.00 and $100.00 orders and $10.00 orders from midway are cost prohibitive. So in the spirit of American capitalism Midways loss will be Midsouth, Grafs or Natchez's gain.

What Midway is really saying to me as a customer is thanks for all your business back in the day but, now you are just a nuisance. And please don't anyone say it's economics of scale, I can order a $1.50 fitting from McMaster and it will on poach tomorrow for under $5.00!

I still think Midway is an upstanding and fine company to do business I just happen to not have any big orders recently and as such they no longer fit my needs.

If it's not in stock, I don't order it. Too many things can go wrong.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I only deal with"in stock" items. Back order shipping it to expensive.

Boolit Buddy

Midway is the FASTEST shipping company ( on instock items) I've used. Graff's is reasonable, but slow. Natchez? I'll never order from them again. Their shipping was 75% as much as my total order
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Bub
    I've never had a problem with Midway. I always price shop everything. If i can get a better deal from Amazon Prime, Grafs, Natchez, etc., thats where my money goes. I find that most of the time Midway is cheaper especially if the item has a dealer discount. I also find that Midway's order processing is faster than the others, so you end up getting the package a day or so sooner. Most of the time I end up buying from Amazon Prime or Midway based on the price.

Boolit Master
    Midway's shipping calculator gives costs for both in-stock and back-ordered items. Regardless the company, I, too, only order what is in stock.

My last Midway order shipped for $3 less than what Midsouth was going to charge. One of the items arrived damaged, and I sent an e-mail explaining the damage. A fast response said a new one would ship the next day. A few days later, the new item arrived undamaged.

When it comes to gun-related businesses, I've not found any that surpass Midway or RCBS.

Love Life
    Oh well. One less person to deplete Midway's stock. Mr. Potterfield has earned my business.

Boolit Master

I usually deal with Midway because they have the best price and since they overhauled their shipping prices they are not too bad either. But dealing with their backorder process was a nightmare and something I will not do again due to shipping costs. If it isn't in stock I wont order. No more backorders. I cant afford 'em.
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy
    Midway has been great for me, I only order stuff that's in tho, I set alerts for stuff I want and buy it when I get the notification, I'm sure it hell over there these days
    Hope for change.

Boolit Man
    2 weeks ago i order a set of dies (in stock) from midway. paid the bill.
    an hour later i remembered i needed something else (also in stock). i called, asked them to add it to my other order.
    they said NO. i asked if my first order was shipped or being packed. they said no. i asked why they couldnt add to an order that was not shipped or being packed. they said they didnt combine orders. i told them to cancel the first order and refund my money.

i have bought from midway ever since there has been a midway. i wont pay double shipping for an order that will easily fit into one small box. i wont spend another dime with them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast