Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Anybody Drive A Ford

Boolit Master

The ATF that I found at AutoZone is called "Dex/Merc. The label says it is suitable where Dexron II , III and Mercon are specified.

Also: "Do not use in GM vehicles after model year 2005 and Ford vehicles after 2006.

I assumed this would be suitable for Ben's Red. Haven't made a batch yet because spring chores interfered.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Yes, but can it be used in Ed's Red? My stash is running low.

BvT

Another drift but this Ford, even though it has a Chevy still uses type F...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    According to the label on my Honda, 75% American, 25% imported.

In other news, the Japanese 5-speed transmission in my Canadian built Dodge truck is about the only thing in it that hasn't given me any trouble.

I rang the buy American bell for decades and I'm just tired of getting screwed by foreign built **** with American name plates on it. I'm not talking Fiesta's I'm talking Taurus and such.

When is the last time an American company designed an engine? Just how American is your car now?

HF

Most vehicles have parts from various countries of origin, the key point is where is the company headquarters and most of its profits go and benefit. The "Big 3" GM, Ford and Chrysler all are American based companies and the bulk if their sales / revenue end up in North America operations in some fashion hopefully employing American workers that then in turn spends their wages in the local community and pays taxes. Even Harley Davidson has a smattering of Asian parts ( Showa shocks, carbs,electronics, etc).

I have owned a mix of GM and Ford vehicles and my current beater work car is a 2003 Focus wagon with 193,000 miles and a 2004 with 145,000. My retired Aerostar had 178,000. My 1991 GM 3/4 ton pickup went 180,000 without issue and my 1st new car was a 1979 Monty Carlo with the 267 V8 and was one of the best vehicles ever owned.

At one time the argument for Asian vehicle quality being better was statistically true but not today. Anyone that says or thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. A lot of vehicles use the same suppliers and are build VERY similar. Kudos to Ford for not taking the government bailout welfare that put them at an unfair market advantage against its competitors.

One of my biggest pet peeves is several of my neighbors are teachers ( 8 ) and all of them drive Honda's or Toyota's. A LOT of autoworkers (Ford) live in my community, have good paying jobs and pay large amounts of property taxes. The same teachers that want me to vote for all levy increases never bat an eye about how they spent their money and most of it leaving the community by choosing a foreign vehicle. I know most of them feel autoworkers are overpaid and I feel the same way about some teachers and they are on the public dime. All autoworkers wages and benefits come form the retail sale of the items they build and market.
    NRA certified pistol instructor & RSO.

Quote Originally Posted by cal50 View Post

At one time the argument for Asian vehicle quality being better was statistically true but not today. Anyone that says or thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.
    If this was the case then why is the Toyota Corolla one of the worlds best selling vehicles? Im just sayin....

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Grand Master
    When we were in Spith Africa there were many European and Asian cars, very, very few American made cars.

Tells me something

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-JIM View Post
    If this was the case then why is the Toyota Corolla one of the worlds best selling vehicles? Im just sayin....

az-jim
    Likely the same reasons Obama was elected.
    People don't always make the best choice every time.

If someone wants a Toyota more power to them. I prefer to make American made cars & trucks my 1st choice when buying.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    When we were in Spith Africa there were many European and Asian cars, very, very few American made cars.

Tells me something
    Did it tell you that our boycott of SA for many years lead them to not have our products available along with any tradition, history and dealerships?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy

Tells me something
    American company listed as #3 is good to see.

http://www.cars.co.za/mobile/motorin...rch_2013/1202/

Boolit Master

Still have about a half case of Chevron ATF that I bought about 10 years ago at Costco. Says Dexron III replacing DexronII on the label. Haven't seen any new Chevron ATF's to say it is still the same.

Likely the same reasons Obama was elected.
    People don't always make the best choice every time.

If someone wants a Toyota more power to them. I prefer to make American made cars & trucks my 1st choice when buying.
    Well, I sure in the hell didnt vote for " that guy" and as far as people making the best choices, in voting no they dont, usually using last minute narrow minded decision making that suits them in the moment and not whats best for the country in the long term. As far as vehicles go, whats best for them just that, maintainance, reliability, price, resale value etc. Im pretty certain that the Texans that built my Tundra are American and that my purchase stimulated theirs and the countrys economy.

az-jim
    Last edited by AZ-JIM; 06-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Grand Master
    My Tundra was made in Texas- how much more American you want?

If you mean UAW then say so. Don't give me the "American made" BS.

Banned

My Turban was made in Texas by an Indian company. All the profits went to India but I look good at the 7-11.

Boolit Master

Most vehicles have parts from various countries of origin, the key point is where is the company headquarters and most of its profits go and benefit. The "Big 3" GM, Ford and Chrysler all are American based companies and the bulk if their sales / revenue end up in North America operations in some fashion hopefully employing American workers that then in turn spends their wages in the local community and pays taxes. Even Harley Davidson has a smattering of Asian parts ( Showa shocks, carbs,electronics, etc).

I have owned a mix of GM and Ford vehicles and my current beater work car is a 2003 Focus wagon with 193,000 miles and a 2004 with 145,000. My retired Aerostar had 178,000. My 1991 GM 3/4 ton pickup went 180,000 without issue and my 1st new car was a 1979 Monty Carlo with the 267 V8 and was one of the best vehicles ever owned.

At one time the argument for Asian vehicle quality being better was statistically true but not today. Anyone that says or thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. A lot of vehicles use the same suppliers and are build VERY similar. Kudos to Ford for not taking the government bailout welfare that put them at an unfair market advantage against its competitors.
    Compare the bizarro downshift and self-throttle behavior of any Ford FWD versus any Toyota or Honda and then get laughed out of the house with that arguement.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

460 huh? How many miles to a quart of oil?
    I've got a 460 in a motorhome and went from NY to Vagas & back (6000mi) and used 1 qt of oil, And I don't even like Ferds!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    My Tundra was made in Texas- how much more American you want?

If you mean UAW then say so. Don't give me the "American made" BS.
    I clearly said American / American based companies.
    Note I made no reference to union or non union because assembly wages and build process is virtually identical.

If you are happy driving a foreign car or truck (and you know what I mean) then great.

Boolit Buddy
    I have

2 rangers
    1 f150
    1 f250
    1 Expedition
    1 cobra

I am a big ford guy, I have had many rangers explorers and f series and they are pretty good. the little rangers make great company trucks they keep rolling as long as you keep a little oil in them

I won't buy gmc they took the handout! And I have to have American trucks (I'm sure a large portion of ford is over seas now-and-days)
    Hope for change.

Boolit Buddy
    Compare the bizarro downshift and self-throttle behavior of any Ford FWD versus any Toyota or Honda and then get laughed out of the house with that arguement.
    I laugh at assinine blanket statements or assumptions.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I'm 66 years old and this argument has been going on since I was old enough to understand what was being said. It is true of many products. It seems that everyone wants what they have to be the best.
    My reason for not buying any vehicles made in Japan is simple. Dec. 7Th 1941, my family members all served and some did not return.
    I become surprised at the people who say that their Jap vehicle was made in the states. This is true on some but not all vehicles. They are also made with "PARTS" that were made in Japan!! The Japanese are not all bad people and it was their government that took them to war. But they have enjoyed a very rich and profitable time by making all the vehicles that Americans drive.
    It was true that at one time many of the vehicles made in the USA were far behind in craftsmanship. That is no longer true. If you follow your directions and use "Preventive Maintenance" then your American vehicle will give you a good service life. My 2005 GMC Sierra Diesel has only had to have the batteries replaced since it was purchased. Oh I have also changed the wiper blades as the Louisiana sun takes a toll on them.
    My son has a car business on the side as a hobby and he buys and sells nothing but imports or cars that are not made by the Big 3. He has to purchase parts for them and have transmissions rebuilt along with the same parts that go bad from use on cars made in the USA.
    When you buy that Jap car you may be helping out some Americans but you are helping Japan much more as they build those parts.
    The cars from Japan had to be built here for several reasons and they all had to do with the bottom line. If they did not make so many cars here the taxes that would be levied against them would be three times as much. They would lose money and go broke.
    The USA has taken all of it's manufacturing jobs to other countries and that will come back to bite us one day. I won't be here but my grandchildren will and I hate to think what will happen to them. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    For the foreign car lovers the irony is an American company ( Ford ) has the best hybrid available that beats out the Lexus & the Honda which were ranked #2 & #3.
    You dont stay in business for over 100 years by making junk.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...brid-car-2013/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...s/Hybrid-Cars/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast