Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Have Any of You Used This Brand Of Primers

Have Any of You Used This Brand Of Primers

have any of ya fella reloaders used any Sellier & Bellot primers i found a site that has small pistol primers & the large pistol in stock & ready to ship

I have used them with no issues. Still have about 2500 left.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Maybe things are breaking loose a bit. I talked to Brownell's today and they are filling back orders of Magpul mags and the prices are almost the same as before the crazyness! Seems primers and powder are starting to show up here and there!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    Was able to buy several bricks of the S & B primers yesterday at the local Gun Show. No price gouging. Guy who sold them, a large regional reloader, said they were "soft" and that he routinely has primer explosions with these while loading large batches on his Ammo Master (sp?). I primed some 30-30 cases today, and changed to the S & B primers after I ram out of CCI 200's. The S&B's were markedly easier to press in the primer pockets (Lee hand primer). Next up is shooting them. The real test.

May Liberty Increase!
    I've used them in small pistol and small rifle. No issues to date.

Boolit Mold
    I use them without issue in 9mm and 38 special. Wish I would have bought 10,000 when I had the chance. Fired hundreds of rounds. Not a misfire yet and they look good too since they match the brass in color.

Boolit Mold
    I think things are coming back in stock too. My dad stumbled upon 7,000 CCI small pistol primers at a local gun shop yesterday. I picked up 1k S&B primers about a week ago. Haven't fired any yet though. I had read about several people having issues with them in pistols that wouldn't ignite the primers

We get them here in South Africa as well, nicely priced, and they work as well as any of the other commonly available brands

Boolit Mold
    What is your experience - are they more or less the same as CCI and Federal or are they hotter or colder?