Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 80% lowers on rockethub

Boolit Master

Does finishing the AR receivers require a mill? Can it be finished by a "hobbyist" using a drill press? I can read a print, have mics. and calipers and dial gauges, etc. but I don't have, or have access to a mill. It does not say exactly what would be required to finish it. It just says "adjustments"! Is the area for the trigger/hammer group finished, or would that need to be milled? Any help appreciated! I don't want to wind up with a "conversation piece".

Thanks!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

The trigger group pocket needs to be milled out, but there is one that comes with a drill press jig to do it, you will need to buy a couple of endmill bits to finish it off in your drill press, there are videos on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I am going to have a hard time staying away from that buy in as well. My 10/22 rifle has not got out of the safe much since I built that pistol 2 years ago. It may just find itself stripped of its bolt and trigger pack...
    So buy two, build a rifle and a charger pistol.....

Boolit Master

Seems like a good deal to me, I live in California and I can't transfer any of my AR's when I die, at least not to anyone in California. Guess my nephew will get it , he lives elsewhere.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boltons75 View Post
    So buy two, build a rifle and a charger pistol.....
    I bought in for the 10/22 receiver. Looks like I will be building another pistol. Looks like I have a little time yet from the facebook posting before I need to have my bolt and trigger pack for this one. The rifle may be safe yet! I wish I could still get a hold of the original aluminium trigger packs. I bought one 10 years ago before they went to plastic, but used that in my razor build.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I bought in for the 10/22 receiver. Looks like I will be building another pistol. Looks like I have a little time yet from the facebook posting before I need to have my bolt and trigger pack for this one. The rifle may be safe yet! I wish I could still get a hold of the original aluminium trigger packs. I bought one 10 years ago before they went to plastic, but used that in my razor build.
    Here you go,

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/RugerOEMtrigger.html

Boolit Buddy

I got notification that all the lowers I had bought into had closed successfully. That's the last I've heard. When and from whom do you hear or check with to see if the actual lowers will be forthcoming? I bought into the AR10 80% lowers, the 1911's and the AR 15. Sure would like to hear something. All mine closed around the first of June. Here it is the 22nd. Guess I'll never see that investment again.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    I got notification that all the lowers I had bought into had closed successfully. That's the last I've heard. When and from whom do you hear or check with to see if the actual lowers will be forthcoming? I bought into the AR10 80% lowers, the 1911's and the AR 15. Sure would like to hear something. All mine closed around the first of June. Here it is the 22nd. Guess I'll never see that investment again.

Bill
    The one doing the ar10 1911 and ar15 just had the funds clear his account Friday. He's ordering his material next week. Look on the main page of his rocket hub page for updates.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boltons75 View Post
    Thanks! That's what I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    What is supposed to happen to the guns people make for them selves, and cant' sell, after they die?
    As long as they are built into full rifles/pistols and fired ONCE they are GTG. They are firearms at that point which were built for personal use. You would have to engrave them with a SN if you wanted to sell off a used manufactured (by private citizen).

An unfinished 80% can be handed off as it is not a firearm but just a hunk of aluminum.

I've been looking into this for a while now.
    http://armedliberalinmo.blogspot.com/
    NRA Certified Trainer
    Bowers v. DeVito "...there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
    Partner, Olsen Training Group

Boolit Master

I pulled my order from RocketHub. I could not get the guy from Pebble Peak to communicate with me at all. The original delivery date was suppose to be mid June it got moved back about two weeks which I was okay with. I did at that time start to make contact to get a new estimated delivery date. After contacting RocketHub (who has been very responsive) and Pebble Peak who has not responded at all, I asked for a refund. So for approximately one month I attempted contact with Pebble Peak (maybe 6 emails) with no response. To me that is an indication of their customer service and not good enough in my book.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

I have also ordered from pebble peak, as well as the others. J was the first funder for precision arms, so they sent me out a sample to test for him.

http://m1211.photobucket.com/albums/...AR%20Build?o=0

I have nothing but positive things to say about precision arms man. he has another campaign running, he has proven to me that he will deliver. He communicates very well, and won't send out a half arsed job, he had to change anodizers after the batch with my prototype went through. And he is eating the cost difference on his first campaign, though raised his second one 5 bucks to cover. Look into his, you won't regret. And as far as pebble peak, he had tons of orders and has said in the past week on the RH page that material is on its way.

Boolit Mold
    I just ordered some lowers from Combat Machine's rocket hub. They seem to be the best deal so far. I got free engraving with mine. http://www.rockethub.com/projects/31750-ar15-80-lower
    There is a video showing a simulation milling their lowers here

anyone whos funded a project on rockthehub, have your received your lowers that your ordered? i keep hearing how great of a deal it is but i have not read of anyone actually receiving what they paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdj02 View Post
    anyone whos funded a project on rockthehub, have your received your lowers that your ordered? i keep hearing how great of a deal it is but i have not read of anyone actually receiving what they paid for.
    Precision Arms is almost finished shipping campaign 1. Sierra Nevada Arms is just about to ship their first campaign. 2nd amendment arms had shipped.

The one that's looking like a huge scam is Pebble Peak, he has been one of the first, but he has yet to machine a single lower. In fact he picked 3 of us, I'm one, to test his cast jig, but instead of sending lowers that on his page he says he had 8 months of experience making 5 star lowers, he bought 3 and sent them to us.

Check out precision, I've finished two of his lowers, I have 4 10/22 receivers from him, and two more AR lowers on the way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381286715041.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	83801

I'll post a pic of precisions lower, above, as a complete rifle tomorrow.

Nice paper weight huh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381324859264.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	83824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381324870740.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	83825

Boolit Bub
    So how does this rockethub work? How do you know you're not getting taken for your money? How long does it normally take to completion?

Boolit Master

The page says the project is complete.

How would one go about buying one now?

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Precision Arms has been listing new campaigns when one ends. Goto rocket hub and search 80% lower, precision arms is a good one, though his prices have gone up a bit. The first campaign he took a loss on, but now has worked out his issues and is delivering.

Precision Arms = great service

Sierra Nevada Arms = has shown progress, has been pumping out receivers, and should be shipping soon.

Look for these two names, and a open campaign.

There are many others, but who knows, they might end up being like Pebble Peak, who hasn't cut a single piece of aluminum yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast