RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston Bombing Fallout: ALL Gunpowder On Gov't Hitlist

Boston Bombing Fallout: ALL Gunpowder On Gov't Hitlist

Get ready.............................

http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/new....cfm?id=341435&

Question: Does "manufacturing" include handloading ?

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    “It is outrageous that anyone, even a known terrorist, can walk into a store in America and buy explosives without any questions asked,” said Senator Lautenberg.

I think it's outrageous that he is a senator...
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master

"My Home Made Black Powder" nuff said.

Boolit Master

Look, if they can't control the guns, then they'll try to control the ammunition.
    If controlling the ammunition means controlling we reloaders (and it certainly has to) then we're next on the hit list.
    It's time to get back to the Congress and let the politicians know that there are just as many (or maybe more) voters out here that will fight these new provisions.
    I think that a great part of the effective effort in the background fight was due to the NRA's campaign against the bill.
    If you aren't already a member, then it's time "join up" fellers, because it hasn't ended, it's just the beginning.

Boolit Buddy

My best guess from speaking to my local ATF agent is that handloading is manufacturing. The only caveat they make is if it is for personal use, no license is required. Commercial sale requires all the bells and whistles.

What KCSO said. Also, might I add that having a few pounds of sulfer and potassium nitrate on hand before the rush may be helpful.
    Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
    An armed society is a polite society.
    Just because they say you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!

Boolit Master

Don't anybody panic yet. At 89 Lautenberg isn't going to be around much longer. Plus they just announced that it wasn't BP or smokeless so his platform to attack gun powder is now missing some planks.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    Geraldo...just don't forget how ignorant most legislators are on gun related stuff. I doubt very many know the difference between black and smokeless. They don't care anyway. They'll go after anything they think they can to achieve their agenda...to take it all away.

Boolit Mold
    Do you really think our founding fathers would have anticipated that someday an average joe could buy black powder when they wrote the 2nd amendment?

yes. It's been legal for a couple hundred years.

Boolit Mold
    I think average Joe's, Nathaniel's, Thomas', George's etc. were buying black powder in this Nation long before we were a Nation! Heck, I think they were even buying guns without a background check too!

Boolit Master
    Don't blame me I voted Republican.

Fly (I also make my own powder) (wink)

Quote Originally Posted by Edm View Post
    Do you really think our founding fathers would have anticipated that someday an average joe could buy black powder when they wrote the 2nd amendment?

The Militia Act of 1792 required all able-bodied men to obtain firearms, musket balls and black powder.

Banned

EDM was being sarcastic. Lautenberg is an idiot, and once again, they frame the ridiculous assertions that "controlling" gunpowder sales is "common sense." They just love that word. Makes it seem sensible to propose intrusive laws. He likely has no idea how easy it is to make explosives from ordinary chemicals. He needs only look at the power of the Texas fertilizer plant explosion, the Oklahoma Bombing, and many others. I doubt anyone would make a bomb using smokeless or Blackpowder anyway. ANFO is so much cheaper to make and so much more powerful. I repeat, Lautenberg is an idiot, but then, he's in good company.

Banned

Coincidentally, it's already illegal to make a bomb and kill people. That doesn't seem to be stopping anyone.

Boolit Master
    Of all the firearms related deaths in this country what percentage is with hand loaded ammo? Of all the bombings what percentage have used gunpowder of any kind? What sence does any of this make? Will anyone be any safer? Will it make any difference what so ever reguarding this type of event?
    It just boggles my mind. Where is the common sence in it that I hear tham talking about? Try as I might to make sence of the idea of banning this or regulating that I just cant find it.
    Anybody here ever watch an ant lion catch an ant? Once the ant is in the cone every time it moves it slides farther down and closer to death. It is so close to freedom at the top of the cone but every little move slides him closer to the bottom until the ant lion finally snatches the ant and pulls it under.
    I am beginning to feel like the ant sliding into the pit and I know what is at the bottom. The more we struggle for freedom the more we slide down soon to be swallowed up. The ones that should be helping us out are throwing more sand on us, the same ones that claim to be pushing for common sence.

Its not about making sense or logic, its about control. Them controlling you. Nothing else.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lovedogs View Post
    Geraldo...just don't forget how ignorant most legislators are on gun related stuff. I doubt very many know the difference between black and smokeless. They don't care anyway. They'll go after anything they think they can to achieve their agenda...to take it all away.
    I hear you, but I'm getting really tired of panic among gun owners. Keep fighting but don't live in fear.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    In the days of our Founders, if you could grind corn into meal you could make powder.

BvT

This fight we are in, this war on freedom that our own government has been waging against us since the first "gun line" was established in western cow towns in the 1800's is one of attrition. As history has shown us, wars of attrition are not necessarily won by those with the numbers OR technology on their side. We must remain resolute in our beliefs and not waiver from the fight no matter how long.

Yeah, I know, flowery words. But this is a fight that we can not give up on, since winning this fight, or more realistically, NOT LOSING, guarantees that we remain a free nation.
    Vermont...First Republic...Fourteenth State

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"....Sigmund Freud

Bureaucracy,, taking the fun out of life one stupid rule at a time,,,,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    Don't anybody panic yet. At 89 Lautenberg isn't going to be around much longer. Plus they just announced that it wasn't BP or smokeless so his platform to attack gun powder is now missing some planks.
    Geraldo, there's a great deal of difference between panic and forewarned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast