Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Dose a sorter exist that can sort 9mm, 38 special, and 10mm ???

Dose a sorter exist that can sort 9mm, 38 special, and 10mm ???

I expect to take delivery on a large batch of mixed pistol brass.
    Thirteen years ago I arranged to have a twelve year old available to do most of the sorting. Even with pay, he'll get tired of sorting well before the job is finished though. I have some 3mm poly panels that I can cut -if I have to- but I'd prefer to have something like the Dillon Shell Sorter.

Can the Dillon Shell Sorter actually sift 9mm from 10mm?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...8/Shell_Sorter

This is what I have used for several years. The 10mm and 38 spl will stay in
    the blue tray, and the 9mm will drop through to the black tray.

Thank you. I'd read that, but delighted to have someone who uses one, say it works.
    I'd thought about training pigeons to do the work but they might eat more than my son.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    http://www.shellsorter.com

I have been using these for all my sorting. They even have an additional plate that will separate the 380 from 9mm.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

In Remembrance

Somewhere I saw a rig made with two counter rotating shafts that were spaced farther apart on one end. The cases travel down the rods until they drop through into bins placed where the particular caliber drops. A rotating drum dropped cases onto the shafts which were sloped downward slightly.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by DLCTEX View Post
    Somewhere I saw a rig made with two counter rotating shafts that were spaced farther apart on one end. The cases travel down the rods until they drop through into bins placed where the particular caliber drops. A rotating drum dropped cases onto the shafts which were sloped downward slightly.
    That would be the Camdex Case Sorter http://www.camdexloader.com/CaseSorter.aspx Only $14,500.00 plus shipping
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Jmorris on this forum also built his own version of the Camdex sorter himself.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    Thank you. I'd read that, but delighted to have someone who uses one, say it works.
    I'd thought about training pigeons to do the work but they might eat more than my son.

Yes, but in 2-3 more years he will out-eat any flock of pigeons you ever saw! And the pigeons wont ask to borrow your car! LOL
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Master

Ship me 5k at a time and I will gladly sort and return 85% right back to you