Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Saga of the Asperly Aimless

Boolit Master

Well, Ray, only if the boolit is rifled in the opposite direction of the rifling barrel.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsights View Post
    Professor/Doctor Asperly has surfaced again...

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/vi...hp?f=1&t=67674

Attachment 182412
    Thanks for posting that picture.

Now I know what Girty got stuck in her foot while we were cooking our breakfast by Bad Water creek in death Valley.

Dug the A A loaded cartridge loose and tossed it into the camp fire.

That sucker was so powerful it blew my gallon coffee pot 100 yards away but thankfully did not spill a drop of brew.

Talk about lucky.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Super Moderator

..............SHEESH!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsights View Post
    Professor/Doctor Asperly has surfaced again...

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/vi...hp?f=1&t=67674

Attachment 182412
    That is a wildcat made from the .38-45 Polish Short Magnum. There are chambering issues with the configuration.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Vendor Sponsor

It was rumored that Doctor Asperly what working on a clamshell action that could easily chamber this configuration but adding the automatic C Clamp proved cumbersome
    Word was that during testing a prototype exploded in the face a young good looking apprentice named Danny Trejo
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 02-25-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I'm surprised none of you are familiar with the Asperly Patented Reverse Bottle-neck Chamber. It allowed the shooter to load fixed cartridge ammunition from the muzzle.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RayinNH View Post
    Does the pre-rifled bullet help in the non accuracy of the A.A.?
    That was for the adaption of the fellow that patented the piston ring compressor. After chambering you tightened up the chamber with a series of bands then shot it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Super Moderator

.............I suppose a few might be interested (or not) but I finally got rid of the Asperly Aimless Target rifle, and all the accouterments, flotsam and jetsam I'd accumulated over the intervening years. I sent it to Dr. Fauci with the hope in my heart that at some point in time, not too far from now that the only remembrance might be the smoking crater left in the ground. The only regret I have is that I didn't do it a couple years previously.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Well, Buckshot, I was wondering what happened to Dr. Fauci. I'm thinking he's busy trying to wring more accuracy out of the AA than has been found in his pronouncements.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Super Moderator

.............We live in hope!

Boolit Master
    Are any of these fine firearms preserved for future generations in museums behind glass so that we might stand in awe of our forefather's innovations? Is awe the right word?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Are any of these fine firearms preserved for future generations in museums behind glass so that we might stand in awe of our forefather's innovations? Is awe the right word?
    Dr. Asperly was a humble man who preferred not to showcase his creations, a trait which was prevalent among his customers.
    An elderly gentleman claimed to own one but was rather secretive about it. Gesturing towards the outhouse he assured me, "That's the best place to store that rifle." Away from the prying eyes of the general public, who most certainly would not understand, I assume. You have to own one to appreciate it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .............I suppose a few might be interested (or not) but I finally got rid of the Asperly Aimless Target rifle, and all the accouterments, flotsam and jetsam I'd accumulated over the intervening years. I sent it to Dr. Fauci with the hope in my heart that at some point in time, not too far from now that the only remembrance might be the smoking crater left in the ground. The only regret I have is that I didn't do it a couple years previously.

................Buckshot
    Tell me it isn't so!!!

The deceiver of millions now has possession of one of the world's greatest "treasures"? The truths of which are revealed on these hallowed pages? What kind of deceptions will he foist on the unlearned of the world? What foul deeds may ensue? May the gods of the AA protect us.

Oh, the humanity!
    Last edited by GL49; 03-26-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678