Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Caldwell Hearing Es-85 Protection

Boolit Master

Caldwell Hearing Es-85 Protection

I bought a pair of these from Midway a while back when they were on sale and I'll be durn if I can figure out how to put the batteries in them.

Anyone have a set and can give me a clue?

Thanks

Pull the left side, the side with out the controls apart. and the batteries go inside it.
    The Padding has a piece underneath that pulls away from the back of the muff.
    Get them working for cheap muffs they work great. Down at the range a month a go with three of us and we all had them on when one of the members shows up with a 338 Win with muzzle brake and they worked fantastic.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought a set of these as well. They function as advertised, but I have found they don't have near the NRR of my conventional muffs, this after about 100 rounds of .454 Casull. The batteries last a long time if you remember to shut them off!

If I'm alone at the range, I use my old muffs, if there are others that want to "visit", I wear the Caldwell muffs.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master
    Kodiak1,

To take them apart do you mean you just pull the hard plastic part of the muff apart? I tried to take the ear cushion off and it just didn't want to come.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    Pull the left side, the side with out the controls apart. and the batteries go inside it.
    The Padding has a piece underneath that pulls away from the back of the muff.
    Get them working for cheap muffs they work great. Down at the range a month a go with three of us and we all had them on when one of the members shows up with a 338 Win with muzzle brake and they worked fantastic.
    Ken.

http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/S...ot%20Instr.pdf

When all else fails consider reading the instructions
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    Wills,

THe ear cushion on mine just doesn't want to come off. I'm sure I am doing something wrong but it seemed to me like it was glued on and was going to tear. For something that is supposed to come off on a regular basis, I am rather disappointed.

Ron

Boolit Buddy
    If I remember right it's not the "ear cushion' but a hard piece of plastic that the ear cushion is attached to. It's been awhile but I think I had to reach in under that piece of plastic and "pop" it off. Definately not user friendly.

FWIW

Boolit Master
    dmftoy1,

Thanks, that makes sense. I 'll have to give this all a big go again when I get home. I learned a long time ago when you think you are going to be tearing something up, especially electronics, to stop, you probably are.

Thanks again,

Ron

Had to pry it open with a butter knife the piece of plastic in behind the cushion it is white in color and the outer is green.
    Ken.
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Boolit Master
    YIPPEE!!!

I got it. Thanks everyione ever so much. The directions that come with it are not very good. I popped it open right by where the headband attaches on.

Once again to all, thanks I really appreciate it.