Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: New (to me) Lyman 311413 HP

Boolit Master

New (to me) Lyman 311413 HP

Indian Ishapore, I built the scope mount which does not modify the rifle but allows my failing eyes the benefit of a 2x Nikon pistol scope.
    The load; Federal case, CCI large Rifle primer, 30.0g of WC-844T and a 170g hollow point cast from air cooled wheel weights, Lyman gas check, lubed with Ben's Red (the best bullet lube out there!) and sized .311

Remember this is not a super refined bench rest rifle, it's an Indian Ishapore.

I grouped at 25 yards and 50 yards. Ten shot groups. Three shot groups are a joke and don't tell the truth of things.

I moved out to 100 yards but I was pressed for time so I just shot at clay targets laying on the berm. I hit 9 out of 10 with the one miss still being destroyed by impact.

I'm really tickled with this load and the rifle too! I shot (50) rounds total and after three dry patches, the bore was shiny. ZERO leading. I'm really happy with the mold too, it's a real joy to cast from. No where NEAR as much trouble as other hollow point molds I've used in the past.

Boolit Master

If it wasn't for the 15 seconds between your post and mine I'd be posting results!!!! Good shooting Dean, ya have a fine mold AND a fine rifle there!!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCelt View Post
    If it wasn't for the 15 seconds between your post and mine I'd be posting results!!!! Good shooting Dean, ya have a fine mold AND a fine rifle there!!!!
    Yeah, sorry Celt. Would it help if I lied and said this mold was a pile of junk?
    ..it'd be a pretty big lie, but I'd do it if it made you feel better.

Nice work keeping an "old lady" shooting like that.

Those are some of the most fun rifles I have ever shot. To me its not about the bench rest grade groups, its about my ability to throw some lead out there fast and accurate. Rapid fire from a trained rifleman with a lee enfield is something to behold!

Your pistol scope setup looks fantastic. I have always wanted to do that but so far have not taken the plunge! I am right with you in the failing eyes department so its just a matter of time. Thanks for sharing your great pics.

Boolit Grand Master
    DeanWinchester

Looks like you got stuck with a pretty sorry mold.

Ben

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    DeanWinchester

Looks like you got stuck with a pretty sorry mold.

Ben
    I know right? I'm so friggin upset. This mold drops perfect boolits and shoots like a champ.
    I think I'm most upset by the fact I have nothing to bitch about!

Seriously though, I'll be sayin' thanks for this one for a long time. I've been through so many molds and never finding anything better than mediocrity. I was beginning to think I was just being a big baby about it.

I can't wait till later this year. I'm up for a decent B/day present and I want a Savage 99 in .30 WCF. I can't wait to see this pointed hollow point in the Ole' thuddy thuddy!

Thanks Ben!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    Yeah, sorry Celt. Would it help if I lied and said this mold was a pile of junk?
    ..it'd be a pretty big lie, but I'd do it if it made you feel better.
    Naw, keep posting the good stuff!!! I'll live vicariously through your shootin exploits!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

No deer is safe now.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    I know right? I'm so friggin upset. This mold drops perfect boolits and shoots like a champ.
    I think I'm most upset by the fact I have nothing to bitch about!

Seriously though, I'll be sayin' thanks for this one for a long time. I've been through so many molds and never finding anything better than mediocrity. I was beginning to think I was just being a big baby about it.

I can't wait till later this year. I'm up for a decent B/day present and I want a Savage 99 in .30 WCF. I can't wait to see this pointed hollow point in the Ole' thuddy thuddy!

Thanks Ben!

You're VERY VERY WELCOME !

Boolit Grand Master

Excellent bullet. Had Buckshot HP my mold (super job). Good shooter!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying