Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just can't believe the prices people are getting for reloading stuff ....

I was going to buy reloading press and gear for 410 but with these prices I'm going to wait it out. When the madness dies down I'll buy all new gear from my LGS unless I can get a good deal on NIB auction items.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Quote Originally Posted by novalty View Post
    I think FeeBay increased their portion to 10%. Plus you got the Paypal kickback 3-4%. Figure around 14% to 15% loss when FeeBay & Paypal take their portion--which also includes the shipping price.
    That's one of the major reasons I quit selling on Ebay. That, plus the day they foisted all blame/responsibility on the seller and REQUIRED Paypal, I dropped it like a dirty sock.

Boolit Buddy
    My last set of Lee six banger handles is closing tonight. $39.00 right now and will most likely go for a few more. Sure, it costs about 15%, but at the prices being paid, I can live with it.

-RFL

Has anyone checked primers on gunbroker, that's truly amazing. If all those primers were in someone's warehouse ready for sale, there wouldn't be a shortage and the prices would be reasonable IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmemiss View Post
    Has anyone checked primers on gunbroker, that's truly amazing. If all those primers were in someone's warehouse ready for sale, there wouldn't be a shortage and the prices would be reasonable IMHO.
    Funny you should mention the primers on GB, back at the beginning of February I did a search for primers to see how many were listed for small pistol and small rifle. This was what I had found, and several of the vendor had listed 1 brick, but they had several more like this one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=335549397

There are 79 auctions for "small pistol primers" on GB currently. Quickly adding it up in my head I came to over 272,000 small pistol or small pistol magnum primers.

There are 127 auctions for "small rifle primers" on GB as well. Quickly adding up in my head I came to over 237,000 primers.

Boolit Master
    On the other hand, guys, you can always punch the "Buy it Now" button and just pay what it's worth. The auctions are a little like playing poker with gun supplies, the buy-it-nows are the one you can count on being real (as far as we're concerned, probably).
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I'm now out of the selling business. All of my molds and handles are gone. My last set of Lee handles sold last night.

All in all, I sold three sets of handles: $41.00, $43.50, $47.36. Prices are going up. Wish I had more handles to sell.
    4 Lee six cavity molds: 452-200-RF barely used $123.49, 401-175-TC well used $152.50, 356-120-TC moderately used $122.50 and a brand new 452-200-RF for my lowest price of $102.50.

All of my auctions were started at $0.01. The high prices paid are fair reflections of current market prices.

Now's the time to trade up to some nicer stuff if you've got some stuff you can live without until the supply catches up with the demand.

-RFL

A 650 with 6 conversions went for $3250 the other day.

Love Life
    I was bidding up to $2,000 on a used super 1050 2 weeks ago. I was out bid as $2,000 was where I drew the line. People will always pay what they feel an item is worth. Plain and simple. Especially in today's shortage. If I needed primers you can bet your house I would be on Gunbroker hitting the "Buy now" for $250+hazmat for 5,000 primers. Same for other things.

Sometimes things sell high, sometimes low.

I keep trying to win a Forster Co-Ax fleabay but keep getting outbid.. I stop my bidding 10 bucks below MSRP.

Apparently the guy selling the NIB Co-Ax sold his for around 500 bucks.

Patience I keep telling myself..

Boolit Bub
    A couple of worn out quotes are appropriate here 1) A fool and his money soon part and 2) You can't fix stupid.

Boolit Bub
    i list all my reloading stuff on gunbroker instead of ebay. i find it hard to believe people would list gun related items on the most anti gun site there is. and i dont see the price gouging going on at gunbroker either. thanks don

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Another eBay I need it - I'll pay for it .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914078072...84.m1423.l2649
    Regards
    John

One of my bullet and case fed 650's went for $1841. New 1050 is on the way.

I feel dirty for hitting "buy it now" today on a Forster Co-Ax @ the same price Sinclair/Brownells sells them for.

I feel especially dirty since I lost a bidding war with someone on a Co-Ax yesterday, going for $350 bucks! (I stopped around $300)

Good News... I HAVE A CO-AX COMING... :P I have been hunting after a Forster Co-Ax for the last 6 months or soo...

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Nothing but a poor man's stock market. Instead of paper, the trading is in commodities. More money has been gained and lost trading commodities on the short term than you can shake a stick at. I especially like the movie's end when DirtyHarry asks the punk "Do you feel lucky"! ... felix
    felix

I don't see it like that. To me it's more of an instant gratification thing to the people.

No one in their right mind would pay $100 a share in "brand x" stock if they knew for a fact that in three months they could get it for $33.

That is exactly what they are doing. The used 650 I sold, went for more than the cost of the new 1050 I ordered from Dillon BUT I will have to wait 3 months +/- to get it.

Love Life
    You might have it sooner than that jmorris. When I ordered mine the site said "8-10 weeks"

I got mine in 2 1/2 weeks.

I am waiting on a order for going on 7 weeks now its a new LEE pro 1000 9mm & the case collator.1,000 bullets 500 44cal. 240 JHP & 500 9mm115 RN. .I already have brass & i have just 700 CCI Small Pistol Primers i will be needing more primers soon

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Another eBay I need it - I'll pay for it .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200914078072...84.m1423.l2649
    Are these items really not available in shops or on line anymore? Or is this outright panic buying? I agree with some of the posts that these circumstances make it tough for the new shooters getting into the sport.

I have no intention of getting into any new calibres and therefore have all the reloading kit I need. Apart from moulds, of course!

Simon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast