Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just can't believe the prices people are getting for reloading stuff ....

I just can't believe the prices people are getting for reloading stuff ....

A common 9MM die set sold on ebay for $111.49
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-9mm-Delu...-/200906682725

That is just stupid crazy !!! Another one went for $104 ...... Did the Feinstein/Obama team outlaw reloading equipment also ??
    It seems anything and everything reloading .... dies, moulds, everything .... the prices went thru the clouds like a
    rocket .... Holy moly ........... I'm thankful to have what I have .....

Ohio Rusty ><>

A silent patriot waiting for the first volley .............
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

When people get into a panic, they do stupid things. Then there are those who will take advantage of those stupid things and they are the ones I deplore.

Boolit Master
    It's even spilled over into the vintage equipment as well. Those prices have been insane as well.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

These are craigslist adds:

I have a complete reloading setup for sale. Brand new in box Lee loasdmaster progressive press comes with Lee 308 die set and shell plate, Lee deluxe 9mm 4 die set , Lee deluxe 40sw/10mm 4 die set , Lee deluxe 38spl/357 4 die set , Lee 7.62x29 Russian die set and Lee 7.62x39russian factory crimp die plus shell plates for all calibers listed which the shell plates also do other calibers I have a Frankfort arsenal brass tumbler and media for it everything is brand new and has never been used asking 1300 obo for everything

reloading dream package must see
    Reloaders dream package for sale I have the following for sale
    Lee load master progressive press new never out of the box
    Lee deluxe 40sw/10mm 4 piece die set brand new never been out of box
    Lee deluxe 9mm 4 piece die set brand new never out of box
    Lee deluxe 38spl/357 4 piece die set brand new never out of box
    Lee 308 die set brand new never out of the box
    Lee 7.62x39 rusaian die set brand new never out of the box
    Lee 7.62x29 Russian factory crimp die brand new never out of the box
    Lee load master shell plate #1S for 38spl/357 brand new
    Lee load master shell plate #2L for .45acp,30/06,308 brand new in box
    Lee load master shell plate #4S for .223 brand new in box
    Lee load master shell plate #12L for 7.62x39 brand new in box
    Lee load master shell plate #19S for 9mm,40sw brand new in box
    That's everything I have for the press

I have the following molds to cast your own projectiles
    Lee 40sw 401-175-etc
    Lee 38spl/357 tl358-158-2r
    Lee 45acp tl452-230-tc
    Lee 30caliber c309-170-f
    Lee 32 311-100-2r
    Lee 7.62x39 c312-155-2r
    Lee 7mm c285-130-1r
    Lee production pot 4 melting furnace
    Lee ladle
    Frankford clean cast fluxing compound

Now for the projectile sizing and lubing
    The sizing dies and top punches are for the bullet molds listed above
    Lyman 4500 lube and sizer with lube heater
    .401 sizing die
    .452 sizing die
    .358 sizing die
    .356 sizing die
    .309 sizing die
    .311 sizing die
    .312 sizing die
    .285 sizing die
    #311 top punch
    #226 top punch
    #460 top punch
    #402 top punch
    #413 top punch
    #8 top punch
    Lyman super molly lube

Now for the brass clean up
    Frankford brass tumbler brand new never been out of box
    Frankford brass tumbler media

I also have 200 pounds of lead ingots that were made out of wheel weights

I am asking 3400 obo for everything need to sale asap

USED
    As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    When people get into a panic, they do stupid things. Then there are those who will take advantage of those stupid things and they are the ones I deplore.
    What exactly do you have against the free market system V? I don't think anyone is holding a gun to their head and making them bid, so what's the problem? I bet they(the bidders) are over 21 and normal adult consumers. Haven't you ever wanted something so bad you will actually pay a premium just to have it? I do it all the time.
    Sparky45

Boolit Grand Master

I just put two Lee molds up on eBay last night. Both are new and never used. Starting bid was so I didn't take a loss on them. Both are bid on so I'm at least getting my money back. If they go higher great. I'm not forcing anyone to buy them.

I didn't hear many people complaining when Kel-Tec released the KSG and it was selling for double MSRP. People were lined up at that price because they wanted it. I've seen this happen quite a bit w/ firearms.

Yes the current prices suck for people just getting into the hobby. But only for the people that were actually planning on it. For those that jumped in in a panic this is what you get. Just wait it out and buy an item when it's at an acceptable price for you. And only you can decide what an acceptable price is.

The person who wins this auction doesn't know about Lathesmith: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Frosted Boolits

It's all about supply and demand. I see reloading stuff for sale that is way overpriced and I simply ignore it.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    The person who wins this auction doesn't know about Lathesmith: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

Fred
    Good Lord, I wish I had the original box that came with mine, that baby would be up for auction immediately. I love free enterprise!! BTW, I ordered two from Lathesmith last week.

Frosted Boolits

Dang, I have about 8 star sizers in their original box unused....with top punches too! I need to get on the horn.. LOL!

Ehhh...come to think of it...I'd rather just sell them here for non-inflated-panic prices. I may catch fleas if I go over there...
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    These are craigslist adds:

I am asking 3400 obo for everything need to sale asap

USED

The seller is only asking what the think its worth. Maybe the stuff was a family members stuff. If they dont know whats its worth they will add up RETAIL and go from there.

How many times on American Pickers do they just give the buyer what they want for the items? Not too often. Prices have to start somewhere and they usually start HIGH and come down to a mutually agreeable price. Unless of course its auction then it goes the other way.

If the propsed buyer was SERIOUS they should throw out an offer and be prepare to back it up with CASH......Money Talks and B.S walks.

And likewise with the seller if they are serious about selling they will negotiate.

I completely agree with FREE MARKET.

Boolit Buddy
    How do explain the fact that you can go to Dillon's web site and order one of their # 600 primer pocket swage tools for about $100 and around a ten business day wait until it arrives at your door. OR you can go to fleabay and bid one up to $160 and wait about a week.

I thought the high bids were because the mfg. is out of stock or slow as government union employee to ship an order. But this is not the case. Often these items that go for 3X the street price, are in stock and available to order. Just think if fleabay allowed powder and primer auctions. Then you would see some sky high prices.

That said, I talked to a guy who had sold 8000 rounds of Remington bulk 22 rimfire ammo for $80 a brick.
    Its not the AR-15, its the PG -13.

Boolit Master
    The guy bidding on the Star sizer is so out of control he has two bids together which means someone could bid him up a bid at a time until his two bids are separated by the new bid. A seller could easily have a friend bid the guy up without the friend risking buying the over priced item.

I but a couple moulds on ebay last month. I started the bidding at one dollar and they still broke $150. Its a sellers market for sure

Love Life
    Evil free market...

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    E-Bay has so much seller-friend bidding to suck in the weak and unknowing, it's unreal.
    I believe in a free market but there is so much price jacking and ripping people off that it makes one wonder about man kind.
    If you look close at some of the E-bay sellers who have such things, they will always start out by saying I don't know much about this type of equipment so I'm putting this price on it. If you research that seller they have been selling for over 5 years and the same type of items. It's all a big suck you in game.
    They have many newbies who don't have the sense to research the items before bidding and then they become caught up in the fever. It's called the "I will not be beat" fever.
    Star sizers can make you very well off if you find a stash of them. A 40 year old machine will always bring more than a new one may be purchased for. I don't even look on e-bay anymore. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by max range View Post
    How do explain the fact that you can go to Dillon's web site and order one of their # 600 primer pocket swage tools for about $100 and around a ten business day wait until it arrives at your door. OR you can go to fleabay and bid one up to $160 and wait about a week.

That said, I talked to a guy who had sold 8000 rounds of Remington bulk 22 rimfire ammo for $80 a brick.

You are right the consumers that are willing AND ABLE to pay more than retail are shooting themselves in the foot. By do that they are artificially inflating the market.

It is especially bad when stuff is purchased at articially high prices(Like the Housing Market)and one day these items are put up for sale. I see it now with the 22's. Up for sale and for a hefty asking price. The problem for some( and they wont admit it) is that they(the buyers of over inflated items) probably paid a premium price for them to begin with. Now if they want to sell them will have to suffer the loss of value.

I bet part of the problem with Dillon related items is that some will place HOARDING orders from dillon and then sell them on ebay. How many NEW IN BOX items do you see on there.............ALOT

All kinds of NIB SS600 too.

This problem will just have to run its course.

Boolit Grand Master

No one is ripping anyone off. Someone is WILLING to pay that price. I don't care if people don't do any research before they buy. They're an adult and it's their responsibility to do it themselves. If people want to buy used and pay more than new prices so be it. It means that the tools are retaining their value and then some. So when you decide to sell you know you can at least get your money back. I have no issue w/ this because it means what I have is worth more. Since most assets are depreciating this is a good thing.

There are people who pay it, like dragon said it's their choice... While I will never agree with those choices, it is still theirs to make!

Myself, people who try to rip me off. Remember their face (terrible with names) and never return.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ACrowe25 View Post
    Myself, people who try to rip me off. Remember their face (terrible with names) and never return.
    I wouldn't say that by selling at high prices by itself is ripping someone off. Especially if something is NIB or used in working order. The seller is only selling it for what the market brings. Like stated is a choice to pay it.

On the other hand if someone tried to sell me something that is broken and the seller knows it, that I would say is a ripp off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast