RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just can't believe the prices people are getting for reloading stuff ....

Frosted Boolits

Dragon813 has it right. It is not ripping someone off if they are willing to pay for it. Who really cares what stuff is selling for these days? If it gets too high for YOU, then don't bid on it. Simple. I don't even go over to ebay anymore. I took it off my favorites menu and went on with life. I will stress the "went on with life " part.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy

The commercial value of anything is what someone is willing to pay for it, and has little or nothing to do with it's intrinsic value. If noone would pay more than fifty dollars an ounce for gold, then gold would be fifty dollars an ounce. Likewise if someone would pay fifty dollars an ounce for lead, then lead would be fifty dollars an ounce. I don't see a problem with the prices numbskulls are paying for things, it won't become the going price unless we all turn into numbskulls and start paying it. Wait though, what's the going price for 22 LR ammo ???? Disregard all above, I was daydreaming!!!
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Boolit Man
    I always research things before I buy--for price and how it works for other people. Even u-tube helps.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm just sad that I don't have anything left to put up on ebay. KACHING!!!!! I've sold everything I could live without until stocks come back. I love panic buyers,,,,,, when I've got inventory to sell.

-RFL

I've sold a lot of reloading stuff on E-Bay...I always start at .99cents...where it goes from there is not in my control...what ever someone is willing to pay is what I receive, minus fees....If I were to put a Lee Challenger press on there and someone bid it up to 1000.00 dollars what am I supposed to do???? I'm sure that most of you would of course send the bidder a message and tell them to stop bidding as they are way over the cost of new....of course you would...

Boolit Buddy
    I used to order some things from Cheaper than Dirt. but now after seeing their price gouging i have decided i will never order from them again. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-4262. they are asking $80 for 9mm PMC box of 50 range ammo. Shame on them... they lost my business forever..

Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    I've sold a lot of reloading stuff on E-Bay...I always start at .99cents...where it goes from there is not in my control...what ever someone is willing to pay is what I receive, minus fees....If I were to put a Lee Challenger press on there and someone bid it up to 1000.00 dollars what am I supposed to do???? I'm sure that most of you would of course send the bidder a message and tell them to stop bidding as they are way over the cost of new....of course you would...

LOL it's a love-hate relationship. People love being on the selling side and hate to have to be on the buying side...

Boolit Master
    He is not out of control. The first bid enabled him to top the other bidders and find the ceiling so to speak.
    He is willing to spend more than that bid so he submitted a back up bid that is even higher and that top bid is unknown to other bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by PB234 View Post
    The guy bidding on the Star sizer is so out of control he has two bids together which means someone could bid him up a bid at a time until his two bids are separated by the new bid. A seller could easily have a friend bid the guy up without the friend risking buying the over priced item.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Ebay has bidder tracking to catch the shill bidders.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    E-Bay has so much seller-friend bidding to suck in the weak and unknowing, it's unreal.
    I believe in a free market but there is so much price jacking and ripping people off that it makes one wonder about man kind.
    If you look close at some of the E-bay sellers who have such things, they will always start out by saying I don't know much about this type of equipment so I'm putting this price on it. If you research that seller they have been selling for over 5 years and the same type of items. It's all a big suck you in game.
    They have many newbies who don't have the sense to research the items before bidding and then they become caught up in the fever. It's called the "I will not be beat" fever.
    Star sizers can make you very well off if you find a stash of them. A 40 year old machine will always bring more than a new one may be purchased for. I don't even look on e-bay anymore. Later David
    EDG

I have been on ebay since 1997, that said I always start a item low and were it goes is up to the bidders, I could not resist myself the last few months selling extra stuff and the last 3-4 weeks selling stuff I sometime use like a dillon 600 that went for over $200 a set of dillon 9mm dies $175 Lee molds for twice the cost of new, just the other day I was in a shop that just got 4 dillon 550 in and had them at MSRP I thought about buying 2 and listing them instead I passed then I check CL and somebody says they have 4 550 at $995ea the add was up 2 days I called just for kicks and the guy said he sold all 4.

eBay doesn't mind the prices, since they get 9% of the winning bid price + shipping.

I wish football cards sold as good as reloading/casting equipment.. just sold a card on eBay for $.01

Quote Originally Posted by armedmoose View Post
    eBay doesn't mind the prices, since they get 9% of the winning bid price + shipping.

I wish football cards sold as good as reloading/casting equipment.. just sold a card on eBay for $.01
    I think FeeBay increased their portion to 10%. Plus you got the Paypal kickback 3-4%. Figure around 14% to 15% loss when FeeBay & Paypal take their portion--which also includes the shipping price.

Boolit Master

eBay fees go to 10% on April 15th. They charge this on the final sale price AND the shipping fees. Then PayPal gets 3% PLUS 30 cents on every transaction.

Don't forget they also charge a LISTING fee. Sometimes it is waived, but it can really add up. I believe they allow 50 free auction listings every month. After that, the listing fees kick in.

Boolit Grand Master

Just waiting to be paid $88 for a 2 cavity 9mm Lee mold
    My 45 mold auction will be closing shortly. I wish I had more to sell

Well isn't this wonderful. PayPal is holding the money for 21 days. I knew about this policy. But considering how much I use PayPal I didn't think this would happen. I won't be using eBay anymore. Using it sparingly for thirteen years obviously isn't good enough.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 04-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.

As much as I dislike Paypal, I am about done with USPS Money Orders. Seems like every time I try to cash one it at the Post Office when I am shipping an item they tell me they don't have enough money to cash it. Then when I go to deposit them at my bank they have to call some automated phone system for the USPS to confirm the Money Order is not counterfeit.

I put a listing up for bid on gunbroker a few weeks ago and had what I would call a "reasonable" buy-it-now option. The bidding ended at a price that far exceeded the buy-it-now price. I was utterly amazed at what some people are willing to pay.....go figure!!!!
    314th Air Divsion
    20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
    RVN 67-68 & 68-69

Personal and Up "Close Air Support"

I bet they(the bidders) are over 21 and normal adult consumers. Haven't you ever wanted something so bad you will actually pay a premium just to have it? I do it all the time.
    Every time I am at a sporting event or really even out to dinner these days. Bottled water cost more than gasoline by the gallon, a $7 beer? Heck, I have had less than that in a $12 pack. Don't get me started on going out to the movies.

After a friend sold an extra press for enough to buy two new ones, I listed one of mine but it looks like all of the real dumb folks are broke, go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Just waiting to be paid $88 for a 2 cavity 9mm Lee mold
    My 45 mold auction will be closing shortly. I wish I had more to sell

Well isn't this wonderful. PayPal is holding the money for 21 days. I knew about this policy. But considering how much I use PayPal I didn't think this would happen. I won't be using eBay anymore. Using it sparingly for thirteen years obviously isn't good enough.
    I'm the new owner of that 45 mold. I'm glad it didn't go as high as the 9mm . I know I paid almost 3 times retail for the mold but, that's my fault for putting off getting into casting for so long.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mnagant762 View Post
    I'm the new owner of that 45 mold. I'm glad it didn't go as high as the 9mm . I know I paid almost 3 times retail for the mold but, that's my fault for putting off getting into casting for so long.
    mnagant I see you're from southcentral Pa.! I'm in Greencastle, Pa. Contact me and let me know what molds you're looking for. I'm sitting on about 2 dozen new Lee molds for calibers/ga. I don't even load for. Use the pm feature and mebbe we can find something you need. Audie...the Oldfart

I think that people aren't using good brain power they are panic buying & the sellers are uping the prices those 9mm dies were bid on & the price went way too high .& The "President is After our guns & ammo & he isn't gonna let up so we can't either

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast