Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zombie ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    What does a background check have to do with anything. I buy and sell guns all the time and I don't do background checks.
    It should have nothing to do with anything, but since background checks are the restriction du jour for the politicians to push, people showing examples of how guns sold without background checks are used in irresponsible ways would serve to support the fictitious "need" for such a measure to be codified.

It's directly in line with the usual PR BS that is being used these days to push unconstitutional legislation down our throats with a thin sugar coating.

The stench of troll does seem to be getting thicker.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

First off read the first two words in my first post. Why don't you call me a lier and get over with? Did you do any research on the Zombie rd? I thought not. Go on the web and look where you will find them. Most of the articles will be on frangibles. I found the inter core of the bullet today. It's in one piece. It looks like compressed sawdust. I never found anything of the jacket. The speaker in the picture isn't the one that was hit. Same with the mug. I threw them away. That's the way they were when I shot them though. Do you see the thing behind the speaker? Thats a thing I put my Kindle in. It's leaning against my DVD player. It' made out of wool. The was no damage to the player. The bullet bounce off the wool and was lying in front of the night stand. Now I hope this clears this up on the Zombie rd. Now to my avatar...I use to be a Civil War nut and I used that back then. And LOL....I thought we all used that. Do you have to be a certain age?

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zombie damage 002.jpg   zombie damage 005.jpg   zombie damage 011.jpg  
    Last edited by Martin Suiter; 03-28-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Boolit Master

Martin, for what its worth, I never doubted you.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Thanks HangfireW8. I'm sure the "expert" has done something stupid in his lifetime. I was damn lucky there wasn't anyone hurt.
    Martin

Banned

In the name of learning experiences I will share my negligent discharge.

Me and my friend were at my house in the reloading room. He was loading up some 9mm for our M&P's and we were talking and having a good time discussing the load we found using HS-6. He decided to make a few rounds longer than max OAL to see what the accuracy was like, they were dummy rounds and had no primer or powder in them, he loaded one in a spare mag and it chambered fine. I went and got mine and was standing behind him with the pistol in a safe direction. I took a hot 9mm and sat it on the bench (was and still is my night stand gun) and placed the dummy on top of the loaded mag and chambered the dummy.

Everything was fine up until now... I ejected the dummy with the mag still locked in place, saw my pistol needed a cleaning so I wanted to disassemble it. I hit the mag release and caught the mag and then hit the slide release. We were still talking and as I pulled the trigger to release the slide/barrel from the frame he stepped back infront of the pistol. Next thing I heard was a BOOM and he hit the floor.

What happened was the slide racked in a 124 gr Buffalo Bore +P+ without my knowledge. He was in the hospital for 5 days, the bullet never hit organs or bone, we were both damn lucky it wasnt worse, he now wears the bullet as a necklace and I had a solid reminder to give a gun my undivided attention.

I was always the cautious shooter and always harping on the safety aspect while out shooting. A negligent discharge can happen to ANYONE as soon as they forget what they are holding and how powerful the item is... We are still friends and shoot with eachother all the time, he says it was half his fault but in my heart I know full well it was my fault. Period.
    BTW this happened about 5 years ago, no charges filed and no lawsuits.

Let the flaming begin, I know I deserve it

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 338RemUltraMag View Post
    In the name of learning experiences I will share my negligent discharge.

Me and my friend were at my house in the reloading room. He was loading up some 9mm for our M&P's and we were talking and having a good time discussing the load we found using HS-6. He decided to make a few rounds longer than max OAL to see what the accuracy was like, they were dummy rounds and had no primer or powder in them, he loaded one in a spare mag and it chambered fine. I went and got mine and was standing behind him with the pistol in a safe direction. I took a hot 9mm and sat it on the bench (was and still is my night stand gun) and placed the dummy on top of the loaded mag and chambered the dummy.

Everything was fine up until now... I ejected the dummy with the mag still locked in place, saw my pistol needed a cleaning so I wanted to disassemble it. I hit the mag release and caught the mag and then hit the slide release. We were still talking and as I pulled the trigger to release the slide/barrel from the frame he stepped back infront of the pistol. Next thing I heard was a BOOM and he hit the floor.

What happened was the slide racked in a 124 gr Buffalo Bore +P+ without my knowledge. He was in the hospital for 5 days, the bullet never hit organs or bone, we were both damn lucky it wasnt worse, he now wears the bullet as a necklace and I had a solid reminder to give a gun my undivided attention.

I was always the cautious shooter and always harping on the safety aspect while out shooting. A negligent discharge can happen to ANYONE as soon as they forget what they are holding and how powerful the item is... We are still friends and shoot with eachother all the time, he says it was half his fault but in my heart I know full well it was my fault. Period.
    BTW this happened about 5 years ago, no charges filed and no lawsuits.

Let the flaming begin, I know I deserve it
    Glad everything worked out OK !

Stuff happens, they're called accidents for a reason. No one died, lesson learned the hard way, won't happen again.
    I still have two scars on my face from a stupid momment with an axe chopping kindling.
    My oldest boy is still trying to live down the time he stupidly pulled the trigger on a shorty 12ga pump in the house and put a honkin hole in the roof. Hes now 46yrs old and still gets red in the face over it.
    I recall a Cpt. in my unit cleaning his 45, got it all cleaned, slammed a mag home jacked a round into the chamber and bang.
    The radio operater in the next room let out a howl and took off across the LZ like he was scalded.
    He was, that 45 hardball went through both cheeks of his butt.
    He was ticked off, the Cpt was horrorfied, and everything healed nicely. It happens.
    We all need to be sooooo careful all the time.
    Nevermind the pain and suffering we could cause someone else or ourselves, the anti's just love this stuff, great propaganda for thier side.

Banned

Wiser/kinder works could not have been spoken.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    If I am wrong I will apologize to Martin but to me both posts read like an antigun troll posting.
    OK...........so where's that apology. I think Martin deserves one, don't you?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Suiter View Post
    First off read the first two words in my first post. Why don't you call me a lier and get over with? Did you do any research on the Zombie rd? I thought not. Go on the web and look where you will find them. Most of the articles will be on frangibles. I found the inter core of the bullet today. It's in one piece. It looks like compressed sawdust. I never found anything of the jacket. The speaker in the picture isn't the one that was hit. Same with the mug. I threw them away. That's the way they were when I shot them though. Do you see the thing behind the speaker? Thats a thing I put my Kindle in. It's leaning against my DVD player. It' made out of wool. The was no damage to the player. The bullet bounce off the wool and was lying in front of the night stand. Now I hope this clears this up on the Zombie rd. Now to my avatar...I use to be a Civil War nut and I used that back then. And LOL....I thought we all used that. Do you have to be a certain age?

Martin
    i have no say in who's telling the truth or not, nor do i care, i just have the following thoughts.

that mug doesn't look very damaged, nor the speaker. as well that "bullet" looks like a turd with an almond in it. have any better pictures.
    Last edited by Spawn-Inc; 04-08-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i have no say in who's telling the truth or not, nor do i care, i just have the following thoughts.

that mug doesn't look very damaged, nor the speaker. as well that "bullet" looks like a turd with a almond in it. have any better pictures.
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Why put a bullet on a napkin unless it is really a turd.

Vendor Sponsor
    338RUM, Martin,

Takes huevos to admit to somewhat stupid deeds. Shot my neighbors clothespin bag with a empty 357 once. They still talk to me. As for y'all. If indeed Martin is a troll he will show his colors soon enough. I bet not.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    And what does the plastic tip do? It prevents clothing or other matter from sealing the point preventing expansion. It’s just another jacketed bullet. It is not a frangible bullet. The plastic tip doesn't make it explode.

If you want to post a picture to increase your credibility post a picture of the grooved nightstand and speaker.
    The plastic can turn into a liquid under pressure. I forget the scientific name for it. It in essence it expands the bullet cavity in all directions. I think hornady just came out with a self defense round using the same principle.

Boolit Mold
    Thought I'd swing through here and catch the cast pic of the month, instead I read either the best April fools thread ever or the biggest fools of April, ever.

Might be a new member here, but no stranger to forums and this thread will stay with me the rest of my days as the most irresponsible 74? year old ever. If that is indeed true.

As far as background checks go I've never sold a gun privately to a stranger without involving an ffl, takes the liability of selling to a felon off me. I'd have a lot more to say, but what someone else does is on them, another reason to stay off public ranges.

dc.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I can see sleeping through a gun shot. I've slept through cannon fire, had no idea they were going off.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I've seen people sleep through a gunshot once in the same room, once outside but within ten feet of the sleeper.
    I've seen a ceramic insulator withstand close range hits from a .22 rifle without even a scratch on the glazing.

Any bullet can break up into tiny fragments, even FMJ and Steel core AP, depending on what the bullet hits and its velocity.
    The Super Vel truncated cone hollow point 9mm I used to carry would shed their core and leave a roughly buzz saw shaped inside out jacket on close range impacts in wet catalogs.
    I've seen bullets glance off wood and break up on several occasions. The more shallow the hit the more stress on the bullet causing rapid break up. I've recovered flattened 5.56 jackets totally empty with the lead core having sprayed out in tiny droplets like ratshot after traveling through no more than three inches of rotten tree stump. I've found .30 FMJ bullets flattened by a glancing impact on a tree with the lead core partly pushed out the base like toothpaste from a tube.

Anyone who has absolute confidence that no modern autoloading firearm can possibly go off without a finger on the trigger is an accident waiting to happen.

Banned

My Dad said he slept through a 90 minute barrage of nazi mortar fire. Some people sleep real well.

Banned
    Accidents happen, at least he pointed the gun in a safe direction and no one was hurt. Every serious gun collector I know has had an accidental firing, always from the same thing, ejecting the carry round before removing the magazine, then removing the magazine, dropping the hammer and boom. Luckily, all had their firearms pointed in safe directions. As crazy as it sounds I would go as far as to say an accidental indoors discharge is a good thing if no one is hurt because it is a life changing experence, however safe you thought you were before, you are now 1000x safer, and its best you got to that point BEFORE you hurt someone.

Banned
    Are Zombies a big problem in USA?
    Noone (i have talked to) in Europe has seen any so i suppose that your Zombie ammo are for domestic use only!

Boolit Bub
    are these ammo worth buying? price tag kinda high for on these ammo. reloading a different story

Boolit Mold
    I am a FANATIC,about checking the chamber of every gun I take out of the safe,transport to the range,with slide locked back,check again,before putting in case ,to transport home,clean,or wipe off with oil rag,before returning to safe,and repeat,next time one is removed.
    When I went to get my Ruger MkII out last fall when our clubs indoor shoots started, I automatically checked the chamber,and when I racked it,a loaded round flew out !
    I checked,and there was a mag in it,with 5 more rounds in it.
    WTH,when did I load this? There is Intentionally only one gun kept loaded in my safe I am allways carefull
    about this. I ALLWAYS check chambers beffore putting them in the safe ,but obviously,not this time.
    This is how accidents happen, I absolutely do not remember EVER, loading that pistol since the previous years indoor shoots,and I always load 10 rounds,what was with the 6 rounds in the gun ?
    After the relays are over,I usually put a chamber flag in to carry it from the shooting table/firing line,and back to the tables our gun cases are on.
    I am the only one who has the combo,for the safe,my wife has been told it 100 times ,whenever she needs
    to get a car title or something .but she does not like guns,so it would be a miracle if she actually picked one up,let alone loaded one.
    I ABSOLUTELY do not remember loading it,and was upset with myself for days about this,and every time I put one in or remove one from the safe,I remember it,and it still is a puzzle,as to how it happened,but if I want answers,I just have to look in the mirror.
    As far as Martin's wife sleeping through a gunshot,;; A friend of mine,who's bed room is above his living room, woke up one morning,and a friend of his who was on the Vol. fire dept, was talking to him through his bedroom window,After the fog started to cear from his head ,when woke up,he realized that Kenny was talking to him through a 2nd floor window,and when he asked him why in the F--- was he, looking in his window with a ladder?
    He told him he had to come with him through the window down the ladder IMEDIATELY ,as he was in danger,and he thought his house was on fire,but when climbing down the ladder,saw that his WHOLE living room,and part of the kitchen was totally missing,and how his bedroom was still hanging up in the air supported only by the roof was a mystery.
    He lives along US Route 6,and a semi driver fell asleep,and drove right through the corner of his house,and he never woke up!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast