WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All the good things about Lee Presition

Boolit Master
    I love the oldhand primer, have 2 and they have worked perfect for the 18 years.
    Love the pistol dies and rifle FCD dies.
    I do wish they made a pistol FCD without the sizer ring.
    Failure is not an Option

Boolit Master
    I love Lee ptx dies
    Their auto disk is fantastically easy to use
    I hate their lock rings
    Their size dies beat lubesizers any day of the week
    I like the adjustments on their dies better than anyone except hornady
    The powder measure is a messy spill fest but more accurate than any other I own
    auto prime is fantastic
    turret press from Lee is the best value out there

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by hylander View Post
    I do wish they made a pistol FCD without the sizer ring.
    They do: http://leeprecision.com/45-colt-cust...crimp-die.html

"Non-cataloged custom factory crimp die in 45 Colt (COLLET STYLE)."

Boolit Master
    If it were not for Lee, I seriously doubt that I'd be reloading. I've now got orange, red and green on my workbench. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Lets face it, how many of us would even be reloading without LEE? that's what I started on because I thought? what if I don't like reloading I don't want to get into it seriously? I bought the lee sizing press and used it for 10+ years, I even loading 300 ultra mag, I love them,

43PU

They warrantied a sprue plate. Emailed them a pic of the defective plate. 2 days later I had a new one. In certain aspects some of their products are better than more expensive units. I certainly couldn't have jumped into casting the way I did without LEE. THANKS LEE!

Boolit Bub
    I have $50 a month for my gun and reloading budget. If it wasn't for Lee I would hardly ever get to shoot.

Boolit Master

I have to say that when i got my pro 1000 it was a pain but once I started priming on the single stage it hasnt gave me any problems. You cant find a better price and also just to point out in my area you can buy used sets of rcbs and lyman dies for 10 to 15 bucks. The lee used dies 15 to 20 they hold the value, but maybe thats just around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    I love Lee ptx dies
    Their auto disk is fantastically easy to use
    I hate their lock rings
    Their size dies beat lubesizers any day of the week
    I like the adjustments on their dies better than anyone except hornady
    The powder measure is a messy spill fest but more accurate than any other I own
    auto prime is fantastic
    turret press from Lee is the best value out there
    I'm with you on most of this. The auto-disk measure is just terrific, but the perfect powder measure I had was like your experience: leaked like a sieve with BALL powders like #9, 296, H110, etc., BUT it was dead-on accurate, even with stick powders like 4350.......

I actually LIKE their lock rings and swapped out all my RCBS dies with the Lee rings. The classic cast turret press is just plain excellent. I hand-index and don't use the auto-indexing feature. Many have had hem break, but I have always preferred manual-index anyway. Don't use their sizer dies, but they sure look convenient.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

THESE are exactly the types of stories (like castaholic, freebullet and 43 posted above) that make this Lee outfit just tops, in my opinion. Yeah, some of their products are just not good, but a majority of it makes it possible for many to shoot and reload who would otherwise choose golf or fishing. We NEED more folks out there doing what we do and if it takes a company like Lee to make it happen, by God I'll support them!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    The new Lee Auto Prime is the first Lee product I have not been happy with. The cover tray is much too fragile and I broke it early on. I have a 26 year old Auto Prime I am very happy with.

Banned

Since you have the shell holders, I would suggest you try the newer Ergo Prime. You grip-it, not thumb compression. Looks cool with Lee Precision red powder coating.

Boolit Master

Like many have said before if it weren't for Lee I probably would not have started reloading. My first experience was with a 7.62X54R Lee Loader around 1967. That old Lee Loader led to many more reloading tool. I guess I must have liked it!

Ken

Well, I got my parts in and my press re-assembled. I will say that the Breechlock equipment is far superior to the standard Challenger press. The parts basically upgraded me to the Breechlock. It was only $21 shipped for the parts and I'm happy. It's not a Redding or a Rockchucker, but it is good for what it is and loads rifle rounds just fine. It has no issues full length sizing .30-06 and 7mm Rem Mag. That's prolly the most I'll ever ask of it.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Master
    Anyone wanting to blast Lee's Pro 1000 progressive should first try a Green Machine or Piggy Back for a real learning experience, courtesy of RCBS

Boolit Grand Master

Ever noticed how a Lee-bashing thread generally turns out to have more supportive than negative posts? Kinda fun starting out in the right direction! I'm a tightwad but I don't buy Lee products because they're attractively priced, I buy them because they work better than competitive products in many situations. For my purposes I simply can't beat the Lee size/lube system, Lee moulds, Lee pots, Lee Autoprime (old style!), Lee case trimmer system and even those little Lee powder scoops! Yes, I have and often prefer a Lyman 4500 sizer and GG moulds, RCBS dies, ChargeMaster, Uniflow measure, Jr press and of course their dies. I've even been known to pull a cover off a big blue Dillon press now and then. I even have at least one set of Redding dies that I think a lot of.
    On top of all that Richard Lee wrote a pretty outstanding loading manual! Like another poster said lots of folks would have never started loading if not for Lee's great prices. My initial kit came in a green box but I carried home a red box or two that day, carried home or ordered quite a few red boxes in the 35 yrs since then.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.