MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Bullet Pullers

Bullet Pullers

Need info on bullet pullers. Looking at the hammer type or the press mounted type. Will be used for 30.06,.284, .223,40 cal.,.357, and 9mil. Is one better than the other, read a lot of different post about them not really sure which one i need. any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Boolit Master

I suggest the inertia (hammer) type if you don't plan to pull many bullets, the press mounted type if you foresee wanting to pull lots of them.
    (This is assuming that you have the arm strength to swing a hammer about three times for every cartridge that you might need to deactivate.)

Boolit Master

The kinetic-type (hammer) are good for pulling lead pistol bullets, but are noisy.

The collet-type (press-mounted) are good for pulling jacketed bullets. Quiet and fast.

I own both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	65144
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Thanks for the post so fast guys. I am looking at a press mounted one right now on the web.

Boolit Bub
    I have only used the hammer type and has worked well for me. I use a block of wood to strike the hammer on.

I have both, a Forster press mounted(works good as long as there is 3/16"+ of flat on the bullet to grab) and a RCBS hammer(works for all but gets tedious and annoying with changing the collets to each cartridge). In a way someone that loads and shoots a wide range of pistol and rifle calibers(especially if he experiments a lot) can have a good use for both types.
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Boolit Master
    1. Inertia puller for gas checked rifle boolits that will be saved and reloaded.

2. Press, shellholder, and diagonal cutters to quickly pull boolits that won't get reloaded.

3. Press mounted collet puller for jacketed.

Hi Kevin, What brand is your press mounted Bullet puller die.

Boolit Master

Hi Kevin, What brand is your press mounted Bullet puller die.
    It's an old RCBS unit I got along with a Hollywood Model-III. The press came with lots of dies and accessories, and two of these units were included. RCBS apparently never changed the design as I bought some new collets from them and they work fine in this unit.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Bub
    if you don't care about the bullets, a pair of pliers will do most of the. just raise the ram up grab the bullet and pull down

Boolit Buddy
    Get both. If you just need to pull a couple from setting up dies the kinetic puller is fast and easy. If you need to pull a lot then nothing can beat the press mounted rig.