Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Homeland Security active shooter manual

Homeland Security active shooter manual

Just read the active shooter manual. Summation - run, hide, do what LEO says when they arrive. Large section on how to detect someone who may become and active shooter. Gee, wonder how much they spent making this brochure?
    $1m advice on USING COMMON SENSE?

Boolit Master
    run, hide, do what LEO says when they arrive
    Gee, that makes me feel more secure already.
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Master
    Thats why they need so much ammo.
    Firing blindly over and around from cover eats up alot of ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Naturally we would not want any of those finely trained uniform fillers to become a statistic. After all there is a surplas of civilians and they are easily come by.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Actually it was presented by the local PD & school district, to the citizenry. Package also included plans for protection at schools, suggested 'bugout' bags, home security protection, general home survival, etc. Good advice for the soccer mom mentality of most of the community that never thinks about anything important. I was surprised at the HS brochure - fancy publication with lots of decoration and emblems, just nothing more than common sense. Interesting that the most important info in the brochure was to 'be quiet', aka stop screaming. Like that is going to happen.

Boolit Master

There was not anything in there that was new or innovative. Just about what you would expect from a Fed dept. What a waste of YOUR money. And someone probably got a raise and a promotion for this "bright idea."
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Grand Master

Whatever happened to grip, sight alignment and trigger control?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Whatever happened to grip, sight alignment and trigger control?
    The woosification of America happened.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Banned

I can assure you all that something like this is needed.
    cause no ones momma told them anything.

Haaarrrrdddd focus on the front sight!!!!!

Boolit Master

So how do you get one of those advisory jobs? It kind of reminds me of Les Nessman at WKRP and his weather forecast. You look outside and see what's going on and still get paid.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Buddy
    I went to an active shooter class a couple weeks ago. The guy was knowledgeable and has an impressive list of credentials. He had the DHS brochure as part of his written info. What it said to me was RUN, HIDE, FIGHT. Run if you are able. Hide if you can. Fight if you encounter the active shooter. Guess it makes sense for most people.

I will not run or hide and let co-workers or friends in church become victims. (These are the two people groups I was attending the class for.)

Boolit Grand Master

Active shooters can be stopped, have been stopped and should be stopped. Running and hiding won't stop a shooter. I don't run worth a damn and I'm too big to hide. OTOH I generally carry a well-used .45 and I love a good fight. Active shooters are delusional cowards and folks like me are their worst nightmare. I know and hope I'll never be in an active shooter situation but it doesn't hurt to understand the situation and have a plan.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Had the active shooter training as a police officer. We were trained to stand down till there was a four man team. I live in a rural area, a four man team requires bringing in off duty people.
    I always figured one on one was good if it was a soft target, but here the odds of the first four man team might involve some local farmers and their wives.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Grand Master

It's my optimistic belief that in an active shooter situation there are folks waiting for someone to lead the offensive, all they're waiting for is someone to make the first move.
    I'm familiar with the small town police approach to backup. Sometimes when you request it you're told your backup just started the academy. It's good to know you can depend on an armed citizen now and then.

Boolit Master

The armed citizen saved my butt from embaressment on at least two events. One old farmer was carrying more than his fair share when he came out of the bar and found me heading for the bottom of the fight pile, he advised the heathens that their actions were not civilised curtusy of a certin Mr Remmington and I was careful to advise him to drive safe on the way home as I was the only officer on duty and would be busy for the time being with booking and paper work.

Boolit Grand Master

Please don't dive into a fight like that, just start with the little guys first and cuff them one @ a time. They probably started it anyway. By the time you get down to the big guys they'll be tired and mebbe you'll have some help by then. Gotta admire your farmer friend's approach, tho.

Boolit Master

I was kind of a big guy back then, 6-2 and 290, used to grabbing holstin cows and pushing them into the milk parler, figured any combo under 1000lbs fair game, then I got older. Going in to work a shift after farming all day diden't leave me much of an attutude for dealing with mouthy drunks. Then I discovered EMS where one has backboards and lots of straps and two inch tape. There was a lot less back ground noise then on the ride in. The nice firefighters liked to help also.