Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Search of Tru-Line Jr. Dies

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    lets take this to email, as I have many questions to ask on what you need, there will be no charge involved in making these items.

I've had too many nice gents make stuff up for me to ask payment for some push rod job.

I'm at bigcaddy@centurytel.net just let me know what the subject is so I don't erase it when it comes through.

Jim

Boolit Master

It wouldn't be too hard for a machinist with a good mill. He'd have to aneal the shellholder for a small base case and mill the slot to accept the end of the push through rod. I think they're all the same so they'd interchange.

I've seen that add. Seems to me that it came out at the end of the life cycle of the TLJ when everyone was switching to 7/8 X 14 TPI dies and was never popular.

The concept is good as I've sized many bullets through the 310 tool chambers but quickly switched to a #45 sizer as it lubed.

Still it would be handy./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by manleyjt View Post
    Beagle,

an old friend of mine talked to me about that one time. He said he had seen taht in an ideal advertisement. I would like to see it also. I would like to make a univesal shellholder to fit modern ram to do the same thing. maybe someone already makes some and I haven't found them yet.
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Swagerman,

I will get with you via email. I will have a look at what I have and see what we can come up with. I could just use a lee push thru, but I already have some of the lyman sizers.

Anyway expect to hear form me in a few days.

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    I thought we was talking about handgun push rods, don't know if I can handle them pointed nose punches.

My bullets all go in head first.

Another idea is to have a machinest cut the base down on your existing push rod without the rim so it will fit into a Lee shellholder primer hole...then have it tack welded to hold it in place.

It only needs to be maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep into the primer hole, then tack it from inside the primer hole.

I did this with my Tru-line Jr press until I got some X to J shellholders.

Jim

Boolit Master

Jim,

I too push them headfirst. I have modified a few lyman and rcbs h&I dies so that you hav ea small cavity and a rim to push the gas check against. It seams to make them seat better.

Good idea on the cut down and fit to a shellholder. I can do all of those things without the lathe for a test. It could also be done so that the shellholder is tapped and the rod is threaded so you can replace rods on the shell holder. This would require that all rods have the same machined threads (diameter and pitch) but that is no big deal. I can do that with a little nimat lathe and a tap and die set.

Stay tuned, I will report back on the things I mess up.

And to the rest of you sorry for the hijack for a looking for thread to a how can I do this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123