Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay mold prices

Ebay mold prices

It's been quite interesting watching mold prices lately on Ebay. Most stuff is seeing a modest rise but other stuff is getting really rediculous. Some of the "Buy it now prices" simply stun me.. $75 BIN on Lee 6 cav mold handles? $175 BIN on an Ideal 311466?
    Some of the bids for molds are just insanity... $80-$90 for a common single cavity used mold? $100 + for a common double cavity mold? $99 for a Lee 6 cavity mold?

Might be time to get rid of a couple of my old single cavities..............

I'm glad I'm not that desperate.

Boolit Master

Never go there, so I couldn't tell if they're gouging or not.

Yep, if you have anything you don't need now is the time to get rid of it.

Boolit Buddy
    there is always stuff out there on ebay to buy. I try and gauge the prices on here with the prices on there if it has to do with casting stuff or molds. Since im still very green on the molds i use my head to base out what a good price is and look on here and see if any of those paticular ones have sold.
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Boolit Grand Master

Always remember the Custom Made prices. Not only group buys but Tom at Accurate and Bernie at Old West and Dan at Mountain Molds. No point sending money to scalpers when you can send much the same to a great craftsman and get a new product sized to your gun!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Sharks behave differently when they smell blood in the water.

Boolit Bub
    I have been watching evil bay on molds lately and it is just plain crazy, a 67 dollar lyman mold is going for over 100 bucks ,cant wait till this panic buying slows down,

Boolit Master

Post five and six sum it all up. I only look for items that cant be had elsewhere. It can make for good entertainment though.

Boolit Master

I've gotten great deals before the panic but not lately. Track Of the Wolf has good prices and still have quite a few in stock.

Talk about mold prices go see what their pulling in on Lee hand loaders for 410.

Boolit Master

Take a look at the die set prices too. Anything that makes ammo for a semi auto (rifle or pistol) is up around 100 dollars a set. When the madness ends there is going to be some good deals out there.

Boolit Master
    On the breaks of the Ohio River South Central Indiana
    I really shouldn't rant 'cause I just made what I think was a good buy on EBay, but there is just this little voice in the back of my mind that is telling me,the owner of the object at an online auction could be boosting the bid himself.

I know it can happen at a face to face auction and probably does, but bidding is kind of an adrenaline rush to me, and I've found I have to limit myself and accept the fact I may not be able to own said object (something that usually relates to casting,reloading or firearms)!
    Last edited by dagger dog; 03-16-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    "NUTS" A. Clement McAullife

Boolit Master

I ran a thread on Mold, Maintenance and Design not long ago about a Lee mold ($39.99) 6C going for $113. The madness over there never ceases to amaze me. As said on that thread, all I can see is people watching YouTube, saying this is a cinch! I can do that! Burnt fingers and zinc projectiles, maybe a visit from the tinsel fairy. LOL!
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    I listed my lee Bantor 6up (224) mold a week ago on ebay for auction with a start price of $39.99, new in box, I also offered to add lee handles used for $15. Item went for $195 on Thursday, If people that say this is too much. How is buying 55gr fmj pulls for 500/$100 any better. At least with the mold you can make a ton of boolits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    I listed my lee Bantor 6up (224) mold a week ago on ebay for auction with a start price of $39.99, new in box, I also offered to add lee handles used for $15. Item went for $195 on Thursday, If people that say this is too much. How is buying 55gr fmj pulls for 500/$100 any better. At least with the mold you can make a ton of boolits.
    I watched that one and wondered if it was someone here! I listed my 6 up used bator right after yours closed. Started at 39.99$ and has gone up to 72$ in a couple of days. I was so lazy I snagged your title. Watched Frozone sell a 6 up 120 grain 9mm TC for 102$ and some change. Not a bad payday if you ask me. I am selling my Lee molds to pay for my Mihec molds. Listing a 9mm 6 up 120g TC, and a 45acp 200g TC, and anything else I can find that I don't use anymore. 40 molds, dies ect.

Edit: Up to 81$ now. Gary, you did good at 192.50$! Did you sell the handles too?

I am going to have to do some free PIF's on here to keep me from feeling dirty selling on fleabay.
    Last edited by xacex; 03-16-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Boolit Master
    Someone has a nice NOE 22 cal 55 grain mold listed too. I love competition, but hands down that is a better mold. I don't know why someone would sell the NOE unless they got a Mihec instead. Love my Mihec 5.56 65 grain mold. That one will get buried with me along with my other brass Mihec molds. Maybe 2000 years from now someone will dig me up, and get lucky.

I figure before I spend over $100 for a used mold I'll go to one of the custom makers.....

I think the "judge" has been the culprit for the demand for 410 stuff. I'm supprised one of the die makers has not come out with 410 dies for a standard press................... Maybe we need one of our toolmakers on here to start making them...........

Boolit Master

I was looking at the wife's watch list and went and looked at molds ,was shocked when I saw what they were bidding for lee handles , molds to it is crazy as there are some things still available from dealers at the pre panic price's , just do not like that site myself , and am not going to join in any of this madness that is going on , if it is not a decent price I will wait , or do without, wish mihec had more molds for sale and NOE also .

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    I figure before I spend over $100 for a used mold I'll go to one of the custom makers.....

I think the "judge" has been the culprit for the demand for 410 stuff. I'm supprised one of the die makers has not come out with 410 dies for a standard press................... Maybe we need one of our toolmakers on here to start making them...........
    I was looking at getting into reloading for my 410 but I'm gonna wait until this madness dies down before buying. Yes it shocks me that no one is focusing on 410 dies and other 410 loading tools,there is a ton of money to be made off of 410 items now.

Boolit Master
    When will all the madness end? Who knows. I go to fleabay for mere entertainment; cannot believe some of the mould prices that "idiots" are willing to pay. I believe the govt. is behind all this madness and frenzy buying. It's really bad when you can't even find any .22 rf. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."