RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what is the best Accurate Molds bullet design choice for a 1911?

Boolit Grand Master

I use 4.0 grs of Bullseye or 4.0 grs of Titegroup for target loads (may need a lighter recoil spring in a 1911). Here is a photo of how to determine seating depth:

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well....If you can't load 45 ACP after this thread,you better get another hobby! Excellent info!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

I'm loading whatever she's recommending. Maybe we could do some testing together.
    Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Well....If you can't load 45 ACP after this thread,you better get another hobby!
    Nice holster!

Gents, thanks for your load data & COAL advice. The 45 ACP is new to me - am a black powder shooter. But, found one of the handguns I'm after - the 5"Ruger SR1911. The other tough to find is the Ruger Mark III Competition (22LR). Of course it will have 22LR BP reloads shot in it when I run out of my inventory of smokeless rounds ... and totally refuse to pay the gouging prices. Saw a listing that a fella was willing to sell 1400 LR's for $260
    Last edited by John Boy; 03-16-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Mold
    You could also try the HG S242 out of lino

Boolit Grand Master

".22 LR BP reloads. . . . . . . "

What color is the sky on your planet?

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I have the Accurate 45 200B and it shoots out the x ring with my Glock 30 with after market barrel. Very easy recoil also.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    I have the 200H in a 5 cav aluminum block. Sweet casting and sweet shooting in my RIA FS and CS.

How do you like the five cavity setup? I'm still on the fence with cavity count.
    do unto others................

Boolit Master

just got a email,,,my 68 clone is in the mail from accurate molds,,,,,,cant wait till fri-sat.I ordered the 3 cav alunimum.

How long was the actual turn around? He has 4 weeks on his website?
    do unto others................

Boolit Grand Master

I have never heard of anyone receiving a mold after the production time listed on the site. I've always heard of people receiving them very quickly. I keep eyeing up a 158 SWC for my 357 but life keeps getting in the way of ordering it.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    what abou this NOE mold, a copy of the HG 34

I have the 230-H and it shoots really well. I bought a 4 cavity brass mold and my only complaint is how heavy it is. But it makes some awesome bullets. They feed reliably in my XD and are as accurate as any thing else I have put through it.

I think I 4-5 cavity in aluminum would be just fine. The brass is not bad if you are casting with multiple molds and the other one is smaller and lighter.

I just ordered my 4th mold from him a week or two ago and I am excited about it showing up.
    Last edited by grubbylabs; 04-10-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    What COL using the Accurate 45-200H (H&G 68 clone) is correct? I am finding that a COL of 1.258, rounds will chamber but manual ejection of a loaded round, the nose of the bullet hangs against the top of the chamber in an SR1911
    Last edited by John Boy; 04-09-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    i have been considering a 230T in a 4 or 5 cavity brass mold.

this bullet would be used in my 1911, and my buddys 1911's, my S&W 1045, and my sig P220

what is the thought on this bullet as far as reliable feeding goes?
    hello.

Banned

two 45 acp molds ive had the best luck with over the years are the h&g 68 and the lyman 452460. the lee copys of those two bullets do pretty well too as do the other couple of copys of the h&g i have. If i had to pick a favorite though it would be the lyman 452460 mostly because the h&gs have given me troubles feeding in a couple guns and the lyman bullet seems to feed well in everything. Both are target quality bullets if casted well though. I wouldnt be without either design as some of my guns prefer one and some the other

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robpete View Post
    How long was the actual turn around? He has 4 weeks on his website?
    Mine have been a week to ten days.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Mason View Post
    i have been considering a 230T in a 4 or 5 cavity brass mold.

this bullet would be used in my 1911, and my buddys 1911's, my S&W 1045, and my sig P220

what is the thought on this bullet as far as reliable feeding goes?
    If that is the mold I think it is, I asked him to design it, it is a copy of a Lee mold I had. It shot great out of my XD so I can't imagine your 1911 would have problems with it. It seems like the XD has a history of being a finicky bullet eater more so than most others. For my gun, since every other poster said theirs did not feed a SWC very well I never tried it, but I did try a mold that had a edge near where the bullet seats. My gun did not like that very well but it did feed it if I had every thing set up right.

My turn around was closer to the 4 week mark. but well worth the weight.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by grubbylabs View Post
    If that is the mold I think it is, I asked him to design it, it is a copy of a Lee mold I had. It shot great out of my XD so I can't imagine your 1911 would have problems with it. It seems like the XD has a history of being a finicky bullet eater more so than most others. For my gun, since every other poster said theirs did not feed a SWC very well I never tried it, but I did try a mold that had a edge near where the bullet seats. My gun did not like that very well but it did feed it if I had every thing set up right.

My turn around was closer to the 4 week mark. but well worth the weight.
    it looks exactly like the lee 230 grain truncated cone bullet, so i believe that being the base of the design
    hello.