Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RotoMetals changes the rules????

Boolit Mold
    hi, first post. ordered 50 lbs of antimonial lead and got 50.17lb without the "weight check" because i forgot to put it in. also ordered 1bar of superhard and 1lb of tin popcorn, both of those were within .01/lb and the packing and shipping time were excellent

Hi all did not know where to post this and this looked like a good place . I placed my first order with rotomatals last week of 1 ingot of 30% 70% superhard and 1lb of antimony . (So I can harden the lead I have been scavenging )It was shipped in a flat rate box . When I received the order 3 days later (just outside of Houston TX)
    the box had been somewhat damaged .(Not rotometals fault box was mishandled during shipping) I opened the box at the mailbox and some of the antimony fell out . (not much) I sent them an e-mail at 10pm central time midnight their time and did not expect any reimbursement as there wasn't much loss and I should not have been opening the box on the side of the street . In the e-mail I was honest with them and let them know what happened . I received a response within 30min (great response time seeing it was after hrs. and after midnight their time) Ryan asked if I still had the box and if I could take a picture of it and e-mail it to him? I gladly did and sent the picture shortly after and mentioned again that I opened it at the mailbox and did not expect anything . He responded right back and apologized for the damage to the box and he would be sending me something. I checked the mail today and there was a bigger box from guess who ? (Rotometals ) I opened the box (it was well packed) and there was a big chunk of antimony . I put it on the scale and it was right at 1lb ..
    The ingot of superhard I received from the original order weighs in right at 5lbs
    I will be ordering from them again and am happy with the product and customer service. I also feel if I place an order and it came up a little short and notified them they would be more than happy to make it right . I give them 2 thumbs up ..

How will you be melting down your antimony? Doesn't it melt @1100 degrees?

Boolit Man
    IS everybody else that gets full weight super hard bars getting the new or old kind of ingots?

Boolit Master
    As with all our components lead is too expensive nowadays but I have had nothing but good fortune with RotoMetals. So far I've never been shorted. I got my latest order two days ago. I ordered it on a Friday and it was on my porch by Monday. Can't beat that. It was well packed, a box inside a box with plenty of packing material to take up the slack so the bars didn't bounce around. Upon weighing the shipment I discovered it weighed 8/10 of a pound more than it should have. So I'm happy with them. Also, I'm glad we can still get lead. All other components are unavailable here now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345