RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Marlin Model 50

Banned

Marlin Model 50

A friend brought over a neat little rifle today to see if I want to buy it. It is a Marlin model 50. This thing fires from a open bolt! It has a Lyman scope and mount on it. The side mount is removable. The scope adjust by knobs on the mount. Bad part is this. Whoever did the base to the gun, put tack welds on it. The base looks homemade.

The rifle has a nice patina on it. It has an original mag that I guess is impossible to find. It does shoot. I walked out back and fired off 5 rounds.

The scope is fuzzy, but usable. It looks smaller than the ones that come on BB guns. About 1/2" tube. The stock looks really good. Nice walnut with faint tiger striping.

What would something like this be worth? Serial # is under 2500. He has no $ in it. He worked on a car and took it for trade. He gets guns like this all the time. I usually get to have first chance at what he gets. I might want this, but I don't have a clue to the worth.

Boolit Master

Tomme Boy,

This should get you in the balpark.

http://www.marlin-collectors.com/for...1a89014f3fa3a7
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Banned

Well, I got it for $75. That was all he would take for it. I went to a gun show this AM to look around and I brought it with me. I had 4 dealers that wanted it. I ended up getting $225 for it. One dealer said he would give me $25 for it as it was so old and it was only good for a parts gun.

I stopped by my friends on the way home and I tried to give him 1/2 of the difference I sold it for. But, he would not take it. He told me that he makes a lot of money and that I need it more than he does. He is right on that one.

Boolit Master

Fair 'nuff.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    you're a good fellow, tomme boy.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    you're a good fellow, tomme boy.
    +1 on that. an honest guy and a good friend obviously

I miss having friends like that, I was usually the one giving but I enjoyed it, most of them are gone now, I'm only 53. feel 75 some times.

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    a very rare 22. 5000 made in the early 30's. The first cheap, affordable 22cal semi auto rifle. I expect they were used long and hard, with little regard for future collector value. I believe the survival rate of marlin model 50's to be very low. Anyway, with that said. They are also, in my opinion, undervalued. The dealer gave you the fair and current value for your rifle. you did good. Jay