Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Faster way of seating cores ?

Boolit Buddy
    Supe47, great vid. One thing you might want to try it may work or not, take one of your older models and mount it to a vibratory case polisher and see if that will help seat the jackets and cores, it may be soft or to hard of vibration? good work!!! Coleman

Boolit Buddy
    Believe me, I thought of that but haven't tried it.

Boolit Buddy
    10 jacket/core uniters assembled. Fences get made tomorrow. Ready to ship Monday. If anybody is interested, PM me for specifics.
    Supe

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent

Boolit Master

If you do end up selling these I'm interested. I'd like to see how they work for others as well before pulling the trigger. Very cool design!
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Frosted Boolits

PM sent
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

You can not have one Tony I say so
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Boolit Buddy
    I believe I need to clear up an issue . This model was designed to be used with 22 LR cases or store bought jackets near the same LENGHT to work properly. Jacket LENGTH dictates the funnel size OPENING. A longer jacket (a cut down 22 MAG case) requires a wider funnel opening AND a taller top plate. With a wider funnel opening I'd have to space the holes farther apart and hole count would go down to 100 per 8"x8" plate. These blocks are CASE LENGTH SPECIFIC. You could use 22LR jackets in the longer jacket models but you would get a lot more jackets falling in upside-down. Not trying to put a kibash on the whole thing, just want you to know this one block will not work properly on ALL 22 cal. jacket lengths.
    Supe

https://by1.storage.live.com/items/5...=1&ck=0&ex=720

Made a simple one some time ago, still use it. Just had some leftover plexi from something else, can't remember what. I left the bottom open so I could dump out the bottom but found I did not need to do that cause I just pull straight out of the jig when I seat the core. This is posted in my 22 cal sticky
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

Boolit Master
    PM sent.

Boolit Buddy
    The trays in the pictures from Precision Ballistics look very similar to the trays Thomas "Speedy" Gonzales at SG&Y Precision Rifles made for a short time in 2002. He offered them in a post on Benchrest Central. He was a top notch benchrest shooter and once in a while would make carbide bullet dies. He offered to make me a set once and I passed it up and regretted it ever since. Precision Shooting Mag did an article about him shortly before he sold his business and became a teacher at a college.

I have a set of his blocks and they cost $390 shipped at the time. It came with 5 trays that held 200 jackets each. It also had 2 trays with the beveled holes, one for dumping in the jackets and the other for the cores. He told me it was very cnc machine labor intensive drilling 1400 holes and 600 bevels. Using 6mm .825 jackets, most make it into the trays upright. .224 you end up with several that are upside down.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bullet_tray_1X.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	66540
    Last edited by 30yrcaster; 04-06-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Well I have tested his last model with improvements made. I thought the first one was just fine worked ok for me then I got the improved model. Well I dumped in some jackets and went to shaking then more shaking then more shaking thinking what going on here. Thinking it was just not filling the holes up to find out they were already full and two wont fit they just went in so fast with a lot less trouble. After finding that out I dumped in some cores they too went in very fast with not much shaking. All that being said the new model out performs the first test model I can tell you that just by shaking jackets and cores one time. Very well made and feel well worth the money you will regret not getting one if your swaging 22s. I have cut the speed of my internet to save money so unable to post any videos.

Boolit Buddy
    Supe,
    The gadget came today in fine shape. I about wore some jackets and cores out tryin' it out, it's slick and fast! A few stray bullets got in, they went in the holes like gas thru a funnel, had to dump them out though, could not get a grip on them to pull them!
    I have some thin Plexiglas, I'm going to cut a piece to block some holes to allow smaller batches, 100 would be good, I don't always need a full plate and I'd prefer not to let the plate set around partially full.
    A great tool!
    Nick

Boolit Buddy
    Just tape up the holes not used. I suggest " Scotch Painter Tape", it will not leave it's adhesive on the top plate if and when removed. (I masked for a long time and that stuff is great.) Avoid "duct tape".
    I thank you for the compliment. Working on a 100 hole model for longer jackets. It should handle jacket lengths up to 1.2". Should be good for 22-30 cal.
    Supe

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I recieved my "Supe Shaker" last night, cant wait to try it. Looks very professionally made. He was great to deal with, quick ship as well.

Waiting to see what you guys that got the core shaker jig thought about them. I got to show mine off this weekend to a fellow and he to was very impress on how fast and easy it works. Well guys speak up.

Boolit Master
    I got my "shaker" on Saturday when I got home. Tried it out today. I am impressed. Works like a dream. Should save quite a bit of time. Thanks Supe.

Pete

Boolit Buddy
    You are more than welcome. I'm awaiting tooling for a 100 hole tray that will accommodate jackets and cores up to about 1.25" and will be able handle most any caliber with jackets up to that length. Fighting a cold. Weather is bad (for SoCal) so I'm not missing any trigger time.

Supe

Well guys that have one how is it working for you I been waiting to see what you had to say.

Supe,

I am interested, if you are willing to ship them to Philippines, please let me and will pay you via Paypal.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast