Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craze may be loosening a little for powder and primers

Boolit Buddy

Was at gun show yesterday, heard many Vendors commenting about how they needed to unload their high priced stuff before people realized supplies were catching up and prices would be coming down.

I decided not to buy anything, will hold out a little longer.
    The problem with our society is a decline in morals, only the people of this once great nation can choose to correct that problem, morality cannot be regulated by our government.

Boolit Master

Was in my local GS here in East Tn yesterday and although I didn't have time to check it out I could see a bunch of 1 lb powder containers were back on a shelf that was bare only a week ago, he also had some CCI primers behind the counter but when I asked about 22 RF he said he didn't have a clue when that was coming in. Looks like it might (let's hope anyway!) be easing up some and if it truly is letting up this soon it may turn out to be not as bad as we have imagined.

Boolit Master
    Still need 4831sc. Haven't seen any of that nor varget. This lgs has historically had a large amount of stock. It still wasn't normal for them but at least it was looking better. Only powders that came in that day were alliant according to owner yet he still had a good supply of all companies but the super popular like varget and 4831sc. He did have imr 4831 but I am not desperate enough to do more load research on my 6.5.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

You might be right there about stuff loosing up a bit. Hasn't been a huge problem here, just need to look around and you'll find stuff you need and have the money to spend. We picked up a 1000 CCI LRP, 1# of Unique and IMR 4895. Price wasn't too bad either. I think the Henny Penny mentality will be over before long.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Banned

the local paper had a story about the shortage of ammo in the area. That was shocking!

Boolit Master

Saturday at the local gun shop I got 1K Winchester LP and a pound of W296, needed SR primers but no luck. They had some powder but very sparse compared to pre-crazy.

The show up here hasn't really had any reloading supplies for many years. A few guys with a brick of primers here and there at about$40-$45. One guy had 2 bricks of ALCAN primers..... The boxes were in mint condition. I think he wanted $45 brick I'd be willing to bet the original cost of those was $6-$8 or less.................................

Lots of AR mags with prices all over the place...............

Didn't see much buying going on.........................

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    Didn't see much buying going on.........................

That's the encouraging part and I keep hearing it from almost everyone I know, "I'm going to wait until this is over" seems to be the new trend now. If that's indeed the case we may start to see things getting back to near normal sooner than we expected.

Boolit Master
    I have a LGS (southcentral Pa.) that has been getting a fairly good supply of powders in for a couple of weeks now. I have been able to buy Bullseye, 2400 and Blue Dot at right around $18-19/lb.
    This week they finally got in some Unique, so I padded my reserve with another 2Lbs.

Today, they had the first primer delivery they have had in quite some time. They were limiting customers to 1000 primers per customer. I bought 1K SP primers(Win) @ $31.99/K and sent my son over to pick up another 1K when he got home from work.

Another LGS sent out an e-mail flyer advertising CCI SP primers for this weekends sale at $29.99/K.

It appears that powder and primers may becoming more available...now if we could get some .22LR and some jacketed bullets from Hornady.
    Last edited by 375supermag; 03-05-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: lack of attention to detail

Boolit Master

just got an email today from Powder Valley my ten pounds of IMR4350 and Primers are on their way to me. Be patient if you have face book when powder valley gets product in they send out allerts ... get your order in and you will have it in about a month.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post

Wally stoped selling ammo entirely in a great many stores as their shipments to stores from their central buying were a wasted effort. All thats left now are uncommon shotshell loads.

BvT
    Here in my part of Florida the 4 Walmarts near me have different shipments everyday. In the past week Ive seen 45s, 9mms 380s, 45 colt, 44 mag. So maybe people just grab it as soon as it hits the shelf where you are.

Boolit Master

Went into Lebanon yesterday LGS had no small rifle or small pistol of any make a few (1500 CCI large rifle magnum) had a partial order of powder come in last week I picked up a can of IMR 3031. Everything else was very slow stuff. No pistol powders or shotgun powders. No place in town had any 22's except shot shells. The Squirrels are throwing parties everyday since nobody shooting them.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Buddy
    Wholesale Sports here in Poulsbo, WA has a great selection of powders, very minimal on primers, and they've not increased their prices at all since this all began. Funny that as of 10 March, 2013 they are being sold back to Sportsmans Warehouse.

Boolit Master

Called the local reloading shop in St. Charles Mo yesterday and asked about powder they said sure we have it. Went by and Bought 2 pounds of 5744 and a pound of 2400 I didnt check to see if they had primers but they had a lot of bullets a lot of powder. I got a bag of 7x57 brass and 3 pounds of powder. Didn't seem like they were out of anything. Again I didn't look for primers as I dont need any.

Boolit Master
    I was in the local Cabela's yesterday and the list of powders in stock was a single little sticky note, and limits on how much powder, primers, and brass you could purchase. I picked up some Clays and Trailboss to try while I was there since I don't need enough to justify a hazmat fee. The bad part was the employee who helped me said they had not seen a delivery truck in 3 days and always had a delivery each day before.