Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Starter Progressive Press??

Boolit Master
    I was in their shop last Saturday and it was crowded to say the least. Every company at this time is working overtime and can't keep up. They quoted 13 weeks for rebuilding my SD. I was even approached in the parking lot by two customers who were quite interested in the press.

I've seen shortages before where components are scare but not equipment!

Take care

r1kk1

r1kk1
    I find it amusing, that you were approached in the parking lot. Since I usually have PLENTY of inventory and don't have to worry about running my machine very often, I would have considered asking for an offer to sell my machine. If it were sweet enough, I'da taken the $$$$ and just ordered a new one, accepting the 3 or 4 month lead time or used it to buy gold/silver, but still ordered the new machine....
    But that's just me as I plan ahead, and I'm willing to take some risks.

Several years ago, while I was still working, several of the younkers in my office were talking about buying some guns. I advised them to buy as many guns as they wanted AND buying ALL THE AMMO THEY COULD AFFORD (I was working with an affluent group of educated and practical engineers). Beyond that, I suggested buying at least one box of ammo EVERY WEEK. If they also want to shoot/practice to improve their skills, buy an extra box specifically for practice but store all the excess. I said that the current regime would do its darndest to outlaw anything and everything to with guns/shooting. HOARD it and NEVER RUN OUT of something that will be worth more than gold !
    I also suggested storing non-perishable food stuffs.
    I have to wonder if any of them are now thinking back to my WILD advice to buy/store/hoard anything and everything.

[QUOTE=r1kk1;2096171]
    <SNIP>
    I was even approached in the parking lot by two customers who were quite interested in the press.
    I've seen shortages before where components are scare but not equipment!
    <SNIP>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Boolit Master
    I really wasn't there to sell it. It's an 80s press that has served me well. The wait time to refurbish isn't an issue. I just thought it was different to be approached. Strange questions from, "Is that a Dillon?" to "What stuff does it load? Or "What's wrong with it?" Just weird for me. I walked into the store and a lot of stuff was sold out.

If I do sell, it will sell for more than I paid for it.

Take care,

r1kk1

Boolit Mold
    You can try Brian Enos to order, same price put free shipping. Google it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stampedeboss View Post
    I just PM'd the OP the same info! Free shipping is free shipping! Plus you can order on his website 24/7.

Boolit Master
    Brian Enos has great service. Though he is bound by Dillon and the crunch as well.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampedeboss View Post
    For Dillon presses?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by -Mischief View Post
    For Dillon presses?
    Yes.

Boolit Master
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Got it! I've already got my cart full..lol

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    Hornady LnL AP.... takes a little tinkering to push through the break-in, but works like a dream after that... this press is not for plug-n-play type people, you gotta have basic shop tools/machines and feel comfortable tinkering to own this press... imo it is the best design and value
    Last edited by Cane_man; 03-07-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: type

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_man View Post
    Hornady LnL AP.... takes a little tinkering to push through the break-in, but works like a dream after that... this press is not for plug-n-play type people, you gotta have basic shop toos/machines and feel comfortable tinkering to own this press... imo it is the best design and value
    Then it's NOT for me. I'm not a tinkerer nor am I mechanically inclined. I want to get it set up and not touch it unless changing calibers.

Boolit Master
    ^^^ i can understand that... however, imo you should know how your press works because even if it is a baby blue Di$$on it will break at some point, and you want to be able to repair if possible...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_man View Post
    ^^^ i can understand that... however, imo you should know how your press works because even if it is a baby blue Di$$on it will break at some point, and you want to be able to repair if possible...
    There is a big difference between tweaking and repair. Phone call later, I have parts. I replace part and go back loading. I don't need to modify part to work which can be describe as tweaking. The last poster said he wasn't into tinkering to make a press work. I understand that. Nor would I.

I do take my 550 down to bare bones for its annual cleaning. Extremely simple press.

Take care

r1kk1

Love Life
    There is nothing I enjoy more in life then shelling out several hundred bucks for a press so I can tinker with it to get it to run like a dream. Buying a Dillon that works like a dream right out of the box, now, just seems plain silly.

Boolit Buddy
    Exactly. If I had the time and patience to mess with it, I'd just by a Lee Pro 1000. I just want to get it set up and use it. I also want to be able to leave it and come back a few days later and not have to "tinker" with it. Looking for less hassle. That's all

Boolit Master
    ^^^ nothing to tinker on the LnL with once you have it dialed it, runs flawlessly...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    There is a big difference between tweaking and repair. Phone call later, I have parts. I replace part and go back loading. I don't need to modify part to work which can be describe as tweaking. The last poster said he wasn't into tinkering to make a press work. I understand that. Nor would I.

I do take my 550 down to bare bones for its annual cleaning. Extremely simple press.

Take care

r1kk1
    tweaking is not repair, there is some setup for any new press even the highly worshiped and adored baby blue Di$$on

the poster said he wasn't even "mechanically inclined", so if your Di$$on breaks down and they send you the part he may not even be able to replace it!

some like to tinker and some aren't up for it i compared all the features of the Di$$on and the LnL and for me the LnL was hands down a much better design, not to mention $200 less and you get 500 free bullets and you get a true auto progressive press not an inverted turret press... anyway, to each his own

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    There is nothing I enjoy more in life then shelling out several hundred bucks for a press so I can tinker with it to get it to run like a dream. Buying a Dillon that works like a dream right out of the box, now, just seems plain silly.
    in this case you will be shelling out several hundred dollars more for a press that isn't even a true auto progressive press... not much tinkering at all to get the LnL setup to run flawlessly, some are willing and then the rest shell out the extra bucks for the Di$$on

Quote Originally Posted by -Mischief View Post
    Sorry...Dillon. I'm going to go with a 650
    Did you decide to get the case and bullet feeder?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast